Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pat Ganahl Interview!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Blacktop Graffiti, Jun 27, 2007.

1. Blacktop Graffiti

Blacktop Graffiti

2. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Great interview. Looking forward to reading the rest.:cool:

3. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Good job for Pat. I thank him for his article on Harvey's Broiler in the TRJ current issue. I think his writing keeps me motivated. In fact he unknowlingly seeded my need for Cyclone speed!!!!!!
    Thanks Pat for keeping our minds motor-vated!!!!

4. GREAT read. It was very interesting to hear Pat's take on subjects that come up a lot. I'm really looking forward to the next installment.

Bryan

5. Bobby Green

Bobby Green

Pat has the eye.

6. Pat's the cat!:D

Steve

7. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Awwwwww Too Tall.......

8. The37Kid

The37Kid

Very good Q&A session. Glad to know Pat still has the Iacono 12 Port rail, is it restored & race ready?

9. Pat has been fairly influential with my writing too.
    Geoff Mitford Taylor "tuned" up the panels on the Iacono dragster a few months back - it cant be too far away from finished

10. slammed

slammed

The man Rule's supreme.............he has hepled keep the flame burning brightly.

11. ShakeyPuddin55

ShakeyPuddin55

"Rolex Rodders" Nice... lol

12. VespaJay

VespaJay

Great interview from one of the all-time great automotive journalists, I can't wait for part 2. Is Pat's Deuce roadster finished yet?

13. Very good interview.....thanks!

14. Great! Thanks for the lead to interview.

15. 3Deuce40

3Deuce40
    from Colorado

I don't know Pat personally and for that matter have never met him, but I have alot of respect for him. I saw him at the Grand National Roadster show with his roadster parked in the suede palace. Now this guy could probably park where ever he wanted, but he choose to hang with the the cars that put this sport on the map. He was talking to everybody, not just the "street rodders". He does a great job of writing and I look forward to whatever he's doing. The main reason TRJ is so successfull.

16. Rckt98

Rckt98

Very interesting read. I have had the pleasure of meeting Pat a couple of times, a really nice, genuine guy.

17. Oilcan Harry

Oilcan Harry
    from INDY

I'm a big fan of Pat, but I'm still waiting for "Hotrod Video #2. Number 1 was great, but its starting to wear out.

18. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

Yea, me too, big fan. I am also waiting for #2. I saw Pat at a large event several years ago, maybe Americruise and mentioned how much I liked the video and anxious to see # 2. His comment was that I was one of the few that bought # 1, there would be no # 2. Sad that everyone thinks so highly of Pat yet so few were willing to spend $20 bucks for his product. He was traditional with R&C when everything else was headed towards billit and tweed.

19. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

Him and "Ol Dad" are the 2 greatest writers in the automotive hobby. Gray was always entertaining to read. Pat is just a "regular guy" kind of writer. I love that he does what he writes about rather that promoting advertiser products. Amazing how both are(were) so approchable by anyone. I think that's why no one has ever had a a bad thing to say about either. I don't think Pat gets enough credit for keeping the custom flame burning. I know there were others, but he was such a visual and vocal promoter. It's also cool that his son Bill is following his footsteps into the rodding area. In the article in TRJ about him and Pat, it was clear Pat was letting him do what he wanted rather than pushing him to be a car guy.

20. Landmule

Landmule
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Not to beat a dead horse - but Pat has been one of the primary reasons I got into rods and customs instead of some other genre of car. I always read his stuff first when it appears. His writing comes across the same way as talking with an old friend. It makes the reader connect with Pat.

21. Good interview artical....
    I have always liked Pat's writings. Got to spend a little time with him at the Deuce deal out at Peterson Museum when we drove out there a few months ago.....real down to earth guy.
    Skot

22. monsterflake

monsterflake

pat could sell many copies of his video, if he transferred it to dvd, something anybody can do at home now.

and somebody needs to tell pat about the hamb drags, it might be just the venue for his in-liner...

23. Moonglow2

Moonglow2

When Pat reintroduced R&C the fad was easter egg pastel enamel and no chrome. I'd really like to know what he thought about those cars. I for one was glad to see them go.

My magazine collection goes all the way back to first issues (yes, I am an old fart) but whenever I look for reading material it's the Ganahl era issues I enjoy the most.

24. customcory

customcory

Hey Pat, thanks for everything , getting artwork in Street Rodder to getting a certain Studebaker truck I built in Rod & Custom.Things wouldn't be the same without you.

Dsc00031.jpg

25. knotheads

knotheads

i have always liked Pats writing ...while sitting here reading about him ..i remembered a coupe he picked up that had an olds and hydro in it ...as a magazine project he took out the olds and hydro and installed a late model chevy inline 6 and 4 gear ...i have always liked hotrods in alot of different forms but i remember thinking that i would have left that olds in the coupe.