Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Merc/Duece meet "Best of Freinds" 49 ford sedan, where are you at?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ether, Jun 26, 2007.

1. Does anyone know the where abouts or the history of a 49 ford sedan custom that got the "Best of Friends" award at the merc/duece meet in 1984. The car was built by Kelly Puckett from New Albany, Ohio. It was featured in the March 1985 issue of Street Rodder pages 60-61. It was sold, and sold again, and believed to then to be givin away as a prize at a company party. Only then to be lost. Any info and hopefully pics would be great. Kellys helping me build rockers for my 51 merc project and, like an old army buddy, we would like to hear that the cruiser is still out there. If anyone has this issue of street rodder, please post a pic and let me know if you are interested in parting with the mag.:confused:

2. Here's a pic from carnut.com taken at the Reunion that year right here in Wichita. I was actually there, although I was only 14 at the time!

Attached Files:

3. thats it!!!!! now a little info? is it still out there?

4. John Denich

John Denich

I saw it at the Gettysburg KKOA event in 1998 I think it is a really neat car I think I have some pics of it I will have to check.

John

5. john if you got pics, please post.

6. anybody help with any other info?

7. mazdaslam

mazdaslam

A few years ago,it was owned by a guy that lived near Scranton Pa.I saw it several times at local shows.Then,the same guy came out with a chopped and sectioned 2 tone blue 49-50 Merc coupe.I only saw the Merc one time and never saw the red Ford again.

8. mazdaslam

mazdaslam

This is the guy.

Attached Files:

• 11.jpg
      11.jpg
      File size:
      48.2 KB
      Views:
    • duke.jpg
      duke.jpg
      File size:
      50.2 KB
      Views:
  9. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

That Merc is sectioned?

10. mazdaslam

mazdaslam

Yes it is.I was at the show where these pics were taken.Thats the only time I ever saw the car . There was an article in Custom Rodder or Rod&Custom about the section job like in about 97-98.

11. does anyone know if he still owns it or who does? the gentelman who built it would love to hear its still around. ether

12. that ford was at the top of its game in the mid 80's. the builder/owner-at the time, said he sat back, watched, and laughed as Boyd walked around it for about an hour (a couple times) at the merc duece reunion triing to figure out all that had been done to it.