Welcome to the THE H.A.M.B. forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   THE H.A.M.B. > General Discussion > The Hokey Ass Message Board

Old 05-28-2007, 06:07 PM   #21
Brad B
Grenade Inspector

Default Re: Paso Robles 2007

Paso, was great as always. There was a strange vibe on Friday night. Me, the Wife and kids bailed around 9:30 and went back to the hotel and had a few beers and then up way too early to get parked in the park. Great friends and cars!!

see ya next year

Brad
Old 05-28-2007, 06:10 PM   #22
Low

Nice picture at the top of this thread. That chopped 51 sedan sure had a nice chop on it. I wonder who did it. I ll give you a hint. It was me Paso was great this year lots of cool cars.
offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 06:48 PM   #23
HotRodHon

In my opinion, this was one of the best Paso's ever.
We eliminated a lot of the "what's that doing here" cars and stuck to our year break as close as possible. I only spotted a handful of "off year" cars, and all of those were pretty heavily customized.
As for the rat rods being cleaned up. . . The show had nothing to do with it, but I'm glad to see it happening.
I think everyone is getting tired of the shit box style cars. Even the guys that were showing up a few years back with rust covered crap and no floors, had well built cars there this year.
The number of "non entered" cars doubled. They were everywhere.
Spectators have increased as well. Every vendor had a record year.
And, . . as far as I know, there were no "incidents" that were related to our cars. Just the locals going a little crazy.
All in all, it was a very smooth show.

Craig
Old 05-28-2007, 06:54 PM   #24
Eryk

Best Paso Ever!!!!!!!
Old 05-28-2007, 07:05 PM   #25
Choptop
Alliance Member

Had an absolute blast.

Big thanks to Penny for the Biletproof mention in the program. That rocks and I'll make it up to ya.

Met lots of great folks, dropped lots of Billetproof flyers, ate lots of great food, drank too much.. oh yes, there were some cars there as well. Too many to pick out a fave.

RELAX, Its just a Hot Rod Show.
Old 05-28-2007, 07:21 PM   #26
Groucho
BANNED

Location: 300 feet West of Burbank, SoCal-Near Burbank Airport

I don't know if it was the best, but it was a great one for sure. I just got home around 4.30 PM Monday, after getting there Thursday. Which had more going on than Friday of last year maybe. Anyway, i milked the tits off this one this year for sure
Old 05-28-2007, 09:15 PM   #27
kustomkat

I agree with KIRK, it was a very good show as usual. I missed out on most of the festivities on Friday nite, but enjoyed Saturday and Sunday. I have been going to Paso for quite a while myself and seen it evolve into what it is today. I think the best part is the "family reunion" with all the friends you've made that live up and down the state.. The cars are a just a bonus.. Anytime the numbers grow, there are always going to be a few more headaches. After all, more people = more personalities trying to get along in a small area. The only down fall I found were the drunks in the park Saturday nite that took it personally that my wife and I didn't want to go to the bowling alley Saturday nite. Was there even anything going on at the bowling alley Saturday nite??? Maybe he wanted a date from me.. Anyway, to that guy... The stripes on my wifes car are straight, if your head was straight, you see it. Try looking at it without the beer in your hand... And for future reference, a date will cost you more than beer. I'm more of a J.D. fan..
Old 05-28-2007, 10:12 PM   #28
Von Scott
Grenade Inspector

Had a pretty good time this year. I brought my 13 yr old son for his first time. He loved it, let him take pictures of all the cars "with no hoods". We left a little earlier than I had originally intended, but he kept thanking me for taking him, so it made up for it. As cuffs and clothes in general, I wear what I usually where everywhere. White t-shirt, wranglers, boots and a hat, if they don't like it, fuckem. I'm there for the cars not to make an image.
Old 05-28-2007, 11:38 PM   #29
lonely king

it was a kool xperience for the most part.i took the whole family to paso on saturday,..meet with friends and had a blast..as far as the posers and knuckle heads..those are always gonna be around..i just ignore them and move on..lots of great cars...the only thing that tripped me out was this skinny girl in a black mini skirt with these guys walking .her mini skirt keep going up,(no under wear)showing her private part off to everyone walking towards them..then i see her again cruzing down spring street in a conv car ,sitting on the car like she's a pagent queen waving at eveyone,again showing off her private part to everyone..not the prettiest site let me tell you..hilirious to me ,not the wifey..lol..
Old 05-28-2007, 11:50 PM   #30
studhud

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK! View Post
As to your question about best/worst...it was one of the best for me. I hung out with great friends all weekend. I was stoked that A&W was gone - about 20 of us went and had a killer sushi dinner instead and then drank at the hotel - no cuff contest. The crowd at the park was lame. It seems like every jackass in the world has a club jacket and patch, especially the newbie cuff-rodders - and there were plenty of them.

In short, I was stoked on the company I kept and put off by the ever-increasing rat rod scene, but the cool far outweighed the lame.
Yep Kirk you got to keep those idiots out of Billet proof Ban em'. Because thats exactly what turns me off to your show.LTR Dave
Old 05-28-2007, 11:57 PM   #31
Burny

Paso was great! The meet and great was a blast. Great to finally put some faces with names.

Best part for me was the drive the 34 miles round trip, on route G14, to and from our campground at Lake Naciamento. (I had to flat tow the T Bucket with our accomidations for the weekend) That drive was kick ass!

FoMoCoMoFos

Last edited by Burny; 05-29-2007 at 12:08 AM.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:06 AM   #32
ric
Alliance Member

This was a good year, but they always seem to be. I thought there were a lot more spectators, people wandering in to see the show, not necessarily there with cars. But that may be a reflection of Paso itself growing, lots of buidling going on in that town. There seemed to be fewer shit box cars as well, maybe those people are either building better cars or getting into some other scene.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:19 AM   #33
Jive-Bomber
Alliance Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotRodHon View Post
And, . . as far as I know, there were no "incidents" that were related to our cars. Just the locals going a little crazy.
All in all, it was a very smooth show.

Craig
The cops were telling me 'This is the last show ever" The claimed the city officials were irate w/ the whole thing... I'm guessing once the money is tallied up, the show will be back next year-

I wish the local goofball cars could be kept away from entire Park area from Friday - Sunday. WCK should block off everything for the 72 hr Paso period- Registered cars only. Just my opinion to keep the mustangs and 4X4's from cruising the park after hours....
Old 05-29-2007, 12:22 AM   #34
A32Flathead
Old School HAMBer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eryk View Post
Best Paso Ever!!!!!!!
Gotta agree, it was jammed
Old 05-29-2007, 12:58 AM   #35
studhud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive-Bomber View Post
The cops were telling me 'This is the last show ever" The claimed the city officials were irate w/ the whole thing... I'm guessing once the money is tallied up, the show will be back next year-

I wish the local goofball cars could be kept away from entire Park area from Friday - Sunday. WCK should block off everything for the 72 hr Paso period- Registered cars only. Just my opinion to keep the mustangs and 4X4's from cruising the park after hours....
I would agree that it should be entered cars only from friday till sunday but the security would be expensive. The cops,the town even west coast customs have been saying last one every year for the 11 years I've been going. I'll enjoy it till the end! LTR Dave
Old 05-29-2007, 01:18 AM   #36
29bowtie
Old School HAMBer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Scott View Post
Had a pretty good time this year. I brought my 13 yr old son for his first time. He loved it, let him take pictures of all the cars "with no hoods". We left a little earlier than I had originally intended, but he kept thanking me for taking him, so it made up for it. As cuffs and clothes in general, I wear what I usually where everywhere. White t-shirt, wranglers, boots and a hat, if they don't like it, fuckem. I'm there for the cars not to make an image.
Sounds like your son is destined to be a future Hamber,it's very rewarding when they are so enthused at that age.Too bad more parents don't involve their kids in their hobby,since it steers them in such a good direction for the future.
Old 05-29-2007, 03:59 AM   #37
53burb
Old School HAMBer

Well Kirk and the others. I came with no car, no club jacket but did come with respect to the show and did not make an ass out of myself. It was kool to have finally met alot of you that are on here that I have sent pm too or added my .02 too on one of your threads. KNUX!
Old 05-29-2007, 08:44 AM   #38
KIRK!
Old School HAMBer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53burb View Post
Well Kirk and the others. I came with no car, no club jacket but did come with respect to the show and did not make an ass out of myself. It was kool to have finally met alot of you that are on here that I have sent pm too or added my .02 too on one of your threads. KNUX!
It was cool finally meeting you. You looked like you were digging it. Paso is always a great experience.
Old 05-29-2007, 08:49 AM   #39
SOCAL1
Grenade Inspector

Great show. The wife and i shot up there sat. morning and had a blast. I look forward to this show every year.. Cant wait for next.

Last edited by SOCAL1; 05-29-2007 at 02:43 PM.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:33 AM   #40
Groucho
BANNED

Location: 300 feet West of Burbank, SoCal-Near Burbank Airport

Yeah, it's about time you fucking made it. See ya Friday at Bob's so you can give me your take on it. I was happy/surprised to finally see you there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK! View Post
It was cool finally meeting you. You looked like you were digging it. Paso is always a great experience.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 53burb View Post