Register now to get rid of these ads!

TECH: How To Insert Images and a Hamb Dinner

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by chaddilac, May 27, 2007.

1. chaddilac

chaddilac

Most of you guys have a lot of trouble posting images. Not raggin on you guys just tryin to help out. Here's how you do it.

When you start a thread, click the "go Advanced" button. It gives you all the little icons above the text box. You'll have two icons we can use here.

[​IMG]

If your images are on the web already this is the way to post em. (if they are on your computer, hang with me and I'll show you that way also)

1) If your image is on the internet somewhere already, all you need to do to post it into a thread is to find the image, and right click (MAC= control click) a little window will pop with different options. Click the option that says "open image in new window".

[​IMG]

2) When the image opens in a new window, above in your address bar is the url location of the image. Copy that url.

[​IMG]

3) Now go back to your thread, click the "mountain/sun" icon. Paste the url of the image in the window that appears. Make sure you get the whole url with the http:// part.

[​IMG]

4) You can do this as many times as you need, or have images for. This is what it looks like when you choose this route.

[​IMG]

5) if you are posting from photobucket or a similar hosting site, you'll copy the URL near the photo.

[​IMG]

For those of you that are uploading from your computer.

Your photo will need to be around 300 pixels wide or equivalent. If you have a editing program there should be a place where you can resize image or crop image then change the size. I won't go into anymore detail because there are numerous programs and ways to resize images.

when you get them resized and to the correct file size here's what you'll do.

1) Click the little icon that looks like a paperclip, a bigger window will pop up. It'll be asking you to select your file. click the choose file button and select/find the file you want to upload. when you're done choosing all the photos click "upload". It'll let you know if the size is too big.

[​IMG]

2) When they are done uploading this is the way they will look in the thread.

[​IMG]

Photobucket.com is free and you can upload some huge images to them and post them huge here on the hamb.

Hope this helps the photo impaired!!

2. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

I am Pub, and I am photo impaired. Ty on the post.

3. chaddilac

chaddilac

I don't understand the words that are comin outta yo mouth?

4. Ted H

Ted H

chaddilac,
    Thanks for the post. I'm completely dumb when it comes to puters but with this maybe I'll be able to post some pics off my computer.
    ted

5. DIRTYT

DIRTYT
    from Warren,MI

shiiit get down on the lingo. he said i am publicenemy1925 and i suck at doing pictures. Thank you for the post that may help me. :D

6. chaddilac

chaddilac

I'm bringing this back to the top for some of the photo impaired.

You can also post ebay pics as well, just right click on the image and tell it to open in a new window and copy the url!

7. Ned_Gob

Ned_Gob

Thanks chad.

8. Moonglow2

Moonglow2

SHEEE-ITTTTT! Last weak I coudent speel foto editur and now I are won!

9. Bazooka

Bazooka

Here's my simple method..

If the picture is posted online like ebay or another website just right click on the picture....click properties...Then copy the address/URL...Then click mountian/sun icon and paste into pop up window.

I use photobucket to upload my own pics. just copy the direct link after you have uploaded them then click mountian sun Icon and paste URL in the popup window..

If popup window doesnt appear or code doesnt appear on screen after pressing mountian/sun icon. (this happends to me sometime don't know why) You type this code before the url of the picture and this code [\img] after the url.. This bypasses the mountian/sun Icon

like this..

[img] yourURLhere.com [img\] with no spaces..

This method will show pics full size and since they are hosted by photobucket will not waist Ryans precious bandwidth..