Register now to get rid of these ads!

Keith Weesner

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Apr 11, 2007.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  2. Keith is also a very personable fellow, I met him while buying some prints at the Roundup.

3. Plowboy

Plowboy

I too enjoy talking to Keith. I love his ideas. That pic of that truck looks like a cross between the Deora and Roth's Zepplin repair truck or whatever he called it that day.

I wish I had enough walls in my house for his stuff.

4. Hope that female in the artwork is just a" imaginary friend" .

neat stuff ....
    ifn the walls are full do the ceiling next..
    then move to bigger digs.
    PAPERDOG

5. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Keith's work is a big inspiration to me. And his art draws you 'in' to his WORLD.....it's a cool place!
    The artists of today are really blowing me away, guys like Keith, Jimmy Smith, Norwell, Chris Froggett, Zombie, Forbz, etc....just SO MANY that "get it".....
    I've started drawing again and will be trying my hand at painting and airbrush illustration as well...it's been awhile since I drew anything worth a shit....these guys will keep me motivated......

6. 53burb

53burb

I had the honor of visiting Coby' (road apple) pad to see how he was coming along and to witness his sickness for collecting lowbrow pieces from many artists. I noticed that he had quite a # of originals from Weezner amongst many other' too ( Von Franco, McPhail, Roth, Williams, Coop, etc). Mind you, it is a good sickness! KNUX!

7. blktopbandit

blktopbandit

i been lucky enough to hang with WEEZ, he is a great tour guide also. His art puts me in a happy place without having to use drugs.

8. Keith's stuff is awesome....

9. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

his work is AMAZING,...

i really need to contact him, im gonna get one of his pieces (probably Kandy Krate) tattooed on my back and i want his permission out of respect for him as an artist..

can anyone PM me with good contact info? i left a couple messages at the # on the site

10. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Weesner's a good cat, the fact he's an amazing artist is almost irrelevant.

11. fat49chevy

fat49chevy
    from Onta Ca

Weesner is the man, Ive been drawing cars since before I can walk. Theres no time nowadays for me to take the time to draw and paint. Weesner has the job I always dreamed about.

12. THE CHIEF

THE CHIEF
    from MIAMI

13. HotRodDaddy-O

HotRodDaddy-O

I have most of his prints, two Kandy Krate's, one is right in front of me on my works' office wall.
    People are always commenting on it.

Talented guy, bitchin' artwork, nice cars too.

14. Church

Church
    from South Bay

My name is Coby and I am an art whore. It is my heroin.

Let me tell you though, when you are sick and must spend several long weeks in your home, it sure is nice to have something to stare at other than white walls.

15. 53burb

53burb

Yes Coby but, that is a good sickness that I wish I had that you have. I am jealous. My pieces are of your stuff that I started with. Let the sickness begin.........KNUX!

16. Deadender60

Deadender60

I've commented before that when I forst met Weez (about 4 years ago) was the only time I have ever been star struck... and it's even cooler that he is a great guy...

I have gone to his studio, and was amazed at all the little sketches lying around... great stuff!

-Juan

17. Skate Fink

Skate Fink
    Member Emeritus

I haven't met Keith but "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree." I met his Dad, Jerry, at the Detroit Autorama a couple years ago. "Dad" is verry laid back and kool also. Guess it runs in the family?

18. LiL' NiCk

LiL' NiCk

I LOVE WEESNER'S WORK!

19. 53chevy

53chevy

Keith Weesner's paintings make sense, well, to me anyway. It's funny how you can see Hot Rods and Customs today infused in his paintings and visa versa. A very humble guy too. Also, read the articles they scaned. http://www.keithweesner.com/press.html

Just click on the image/magazine cover.

Ken

20. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Keith is a great guy. I don't own any of his stuff, but I can relate to Ryan's wall:

Attached Files:

21. blktopbandit

blktopbandit

Hell ya, thats my arm in the tattoo magazine at the bottom of the article. I have since added. Love ya WEEZ

22. Cshabang

Cshabang

Keiths work is awesome..I too have met him...alittle quiet at first, but a hell of a nice guy...I too have started "collecting" his prints, and I look at them as inspiration..I grew up with a pop whos intyo 60's era drag stuff, so its fitting to have them hanging in my "eating area"...his work seems to speak to me, no matter which one it is...Always dig it...

23. Weez and his wife Penny are two of the nicest folks you'll ever meet - we look forward to having them here in Austin every year. His stuff is amazing - I got an original painting last year - they are small and crazy-detailed up close in person.

I think there are still a couple of nicely framed limited edition Giclee prints available in the Continental Gallery from the Roundup show - if you act quick you might fill up some blank space on your wall. I know I did.

Elixir, Mulholland, and Femme are available
    http://www.keithweesner.com/posters.html

24. Spike!

Spike!

..Never met Keith, but agree he is an amazing artist. I'm too poor to collect art..

Spike

25. Skate Fink

Skate Fink
    Member Emeritus

Quit whining bitch! YOU create your OWN art!!!

26. hey ryan how about posting a pick of your origonal? please and any one else who has one please do so also.

i really like the shoebox that kirk! posted up on the other weez thread

27. 1929rats

1929rats

I agree! his work is the best!~ I have 6 of his paintings. I just recieved the Mullholland Giclee and hung it over the fireplace in my livingroom. Chix dig his art too.... any babe thats ever been at my house has made positive remark of the prints! I met his wife at the GNRS but missed him. My favorite artists: Weesner, Robt Williams, Trosley.....I studied art too, had a comic strip once, but man, those guys are the tops, especially Keith....just check out my avatar....nuff said.....

28. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

29. haring

haring

The timing of this post is uncanny.

I just bought another Weesner print late last night.

Thrill Hungry:
    [​IMG]

That chick's pink hair makes me crazy.

30. BELLM

BELLM

Cindy bought a Femme print last year from the Roundup gallery, hangs by her dressing table.
    I have to pee in the other bathroom.