Register now to get rid of these ads!

Next project - 38 fiat topolino

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by maddog, Mar 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maddog

maddog
    from So Cal

I just scored this. Extra parts include : T bucket chassis, ford 9", fat rear wheels and tires, wires for the front, dropped axle and hairpins, turbo 350, aluminum gas tank and some other stuff.

So many options at this point if you have ideas (or pictures) I would love to hear them.

Title is an issue. Got ideas there?
    Should I be looking for a Fiat title or will a different title do?

Attached Files:

2. Nice find. :)

Being a Topolino....ya pretty much HAVE to make it at least a gasser style...better yet, AA/GS with an early Hemi & a blower. :D ET III Gassers on the front & Fuelers on the rear..a Moon gas tank...ah, the possibilities are endless.

On a slightly more serious note, I have a number of old magazine pictures with Topolino gassers, if that look interests ya. Early '60s, mostly, & a couple of streeters.

3. 2manybillz

2manybillz

Gasser? I don't know. They look kinda ugly with fenders. Maybe altered style would be better.

Attached Files:

4. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Fuel Altered!

5. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Another vote for fuel altered!

Is that a butchered up slant window behind it?

6. maddog

maddog
    from So Cal

Thinking about widening the rear fenders.

or no fenders????

Attached Files:

7. maddog

maddog
    from So Cal

Yes. Interested? T believe its for sale. I will be seeing the guy this weekend

8. maddog

maddog
    from So Cal

9. Well it's a BBC with upswepts, a cool 60's scoop and throw the Moon tank out front....lol I just thought the two would go together but you can run any engine and look that you want, it is your car.

10. FTF my friend.

I'd probably loose the front wheels for starters, build something extreme enough to lift the front and mild enough to drive it to the track. That would be way different from the norm.

Altered coupe is the only way to go with it and title wise you want a Fiat topolino title if you ever plan on getting it out of the driveway. They are too well known to get away with any other title. maybe a simca title but that would be pushing it.

11. OFT

OFT

Nice project, I go for the altered look also (late 60's style). Being poor, I'd go BBC with blower (6-71) or two 4's. (Maybe just 'cause I have a 396 blower motor that needs a home.

12. Omega

Omega
    from Mass

fuckin awsome! dont widen the fenders, it looks goofy and 80's street machine.. :)

13. maddog

maddog
    from So Cal

I think you guys are righton. Just trying all possibilities in my mind.

BBC. Thats the one.

What front wheels??

14. maddog

maddog
    from So Cal

Does it want to live at my house?:D

15. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Actually, I already have one, but I need the exterior header over the windshield (normally called an undervisor panel... but a slant window doesn't have a visor). If it's there and could be parted with PLEASE let me know!! Mine is swiss cheese! :( Let me know PLEASE!!

Scooter

16. maddog

maddog
    from So Cal

It is a slant window, but he has more stuff, I'll ask.

17. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Either some NARROW Halibrand 5 windows or some Aluminum slots would be cool.....you could still run front brakes.....

Neat car...definitely go Altered style for the street....maybe a HOT injected SBC and a Muncie.....

18. The ones in the picture. Those wheels just don't go with the rest of the car.

really slick project BTW, the Topy is on my must own list and although the list is getting shorter time is going faster than the list.:eek: Back to it very cool anyway you decide to build it. :cool:

19. maddog

maddog
    from So Cal

Got any pictures?? Need all the ideas I can get in the next few weeks, then its build time.

20. HOT40ROD

HOT40ROD
    from Easton, Pa

Let me see if i can dig up some picture of the one we ran. It may be going up for sale some.

21. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

22. Keep an eye out for Fiat titles and I think a Simca title might work too.
    Dan

23. Bluto

Bluto
    Member Emeritus

Mrs Bluto has two of these:) One stock and one I'm hot roddin' Abarth header and a two pot setup.51 motor Isky cam 630cc's. you get the idea maybe 30-32 hp@8500! These are single overhead fan shaft motors about the size of a shoebox

Attached Files:

24. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Whudda fun project! I'm with Mr. P'nBeaner on this one, don't blow it with fenders! Not on this at least! ha Injected small block would wail. 16 x 13 Halibrands on Dirt track 'stones with the 12 spokers from Radir, yeah, it's been done, but when's the last time you saw one that really looked good on the street? Sit it down low like an early 70's racecar. Candy paint, colored lexan, black vinyl interior, lots of aluminum panels. Some cool street worthy baffled headers for the street or maybe something snakey-like setup like on Don Simpson's "Killer Coupe", Dang, wanna trade for my truck???? How far are you from here?!

25. Omega

Omega
    from Mass

Yea, Radir 12 spokes rull, look way better than ET's Gassers to. Fiats need a big wheel in front to give it the altered look. Slightly sagging in the rear, just a tad bit, not much.

26. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

27. Omega

Omega
    from Mass

28. maddog

maddog
    from So Cal

Attached Files:

29. DONZI

DONZI