Register now to get rid of these ads!

O/T Vintage Camping trailers who's got-em?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jakespeed63, Mar 18, 2007.

1. Just got back from camping at the Sebring 12hrs. Very cool race, but that's another story. Spent 2 nights in my buddy's 1955 Scotty 14' fully restored vintage camper. When I got home I started doing a search on the web for vintage campers, and came upon many sites. Allot of you already know about the Shady Dell in Arizona. www.shadydell.com
    (for those who don't, you can rent a vintage trailer/shaggin' wagon', of your choice to spend the night in.) ;)

Got to thinking, I wonder how many fellow gear-heads have vintage campers too?? Living in Florida, we have an over-abundance of these tag-alongs, but if not cared for turn to mush from neglect and abuse. Not to mention mold and giant cockroaches. :eek:
    Found a place in Santa Ana, CA called Vintage Vacations, Craig Dorsey has done some of the most incredible work with wood and aluminum. I'm sure there are others and I don't want to shamlessy promote one dude, so let's see more!! If atatched to a cool old car you get extra bonus points!! :cool:
    JT
    P.S. now I want one! The search is on.

Attached Files:

2. not vintage (around 20 or so years old) but quite rare...I have an Eriba Famlia, orange velvet seats, parquet floor, chrome blinds, looks like sumat out of Austin Powers inside and only 3 berth. It's very small and light and a damn site better than a tent !!!

3. Attached Files:

4. "Shag-a-delic baby!"

5. wvenfield

wvenfield

6. tootallrodder

tootallrodder
    Member Emeritus

Here is mine, I have had it for many years. Just got it usable. I still need to finish the inside, but i still camp in it. Teardrops or for sleeping in mostly.

Attached Files:

7. We got a restored 15 ft. Scotty and we pull it with our 55 Ford wagon. LOTS OF FUN

8. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

I have one for sale in the classified section

9. metalman

metalman

I know we had a simular thread on here a while back but can't help giving my brother a plug especially since you mentioned his Ca. rival. www.retrorestoration.com
    final3.jpg

10. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

JT, a cool site is teardrops.net

11. Lotek_Racing

Lotek_Racing

Not exactly HAMB friendly as far as age goes but it looks perfect on my 1967 Jeep Gladiator:

It's an early 70's Roam-A-Bout camperette. Just got back from a weekend of steelhead fishing with her about an hour ago.

The interior is my favorite, it looks like a truck in a Kool cigarette ad in one of my old Hot Rod magazines.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Shawn

12. sawzall

sawzall

I love vintage trailers..

I've posted this before.. but someone needs to build this..

maybe plowboy.. for behind the lunar lander..

[​IMG]

it had been my goal to create the "roswell" shown above..

but after finding out more about this one.. I sorta want to go "hollywood"

apparently 1 of 1..... made in 1936...its a hollywood "nomad"

[​IMG]

13. snap too

snap too
    from lost wages

My grandfather had an old teardrop years back and I can still remember the nifty kitchen at the rear and the smell of the plywood/masonite interior . I believe he bought it just after WW2 and kept it till the mid-fifties .

14. BigChief

BigChief

If you've ever been to the Jalopy Showdown (or to York if you go back far enough in time) you'll note that just about the entire So-What crew has them. Enough, in fact, to nick-name their camp area(s) Scotty-ville.

-Bigchief.

15. one37tudor

one37tudor

I bought a car from a nice old gentleman in Brownwood Texas several months ago and he had several old cars on the place and this old trailer. It is really rough with part of the roof and most of the floor gone. I do not know what it is but it has to be a 30's something? The windows all have garnish moldings on the inside and outsid that look like a 37 - 39 ford sedan? And they all roll up and down.
    Just thought I would share and just in case anyone is interested the guy told me to just make an offer. Judging from what I paid for the car I got from him it would not have to be much.
    scott...

Attached Files:

16. Grumpy

Grumpy
    from NE Ohio

Here's my Shasta, again...:D

We're trying to catch that So-What crew...

Besides my Shasta, our crew has 2 scotty's, and a 60-ish Trottwood(which looks just like a shasta)

And another buddy is searching for one of his own. That would make 5 for our group...

We have a good time camping with'em.

Attached Files: