Register now to get rid of these ads!

never know what you may find

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rebstew187, Feb 27, 2007.

1. rebstew187

rebstew187

I found this a few weeks ago and still haven't been able to talk to the owner. the car is sitting out in the woods in the country. full blown 50's Kustom 55 chevy. I am hoping to pick this one up. the car is sitting in front of a single wide trailer but I can't catch them home. maybe sunday I'll try again. anyone have any info on the car? only hint I'll give ya is that it is in Ky. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] f980_3_JPG-vi.jpg

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
    slv63 and tb33anda3rd like this.
  2. way cool car,id camp out next to his house and wait for him

3. S.F.

S.F.

wow that thing is bitchin, amazing its in that nice of shape. I have a little book that shows how to put those merc tail lights in a car like that. If you get it dont change a thing. Looks like you could back right up to it with a rollback in the middle of the night pretty easy......

4. TriFiveChevyJohn

TriFiveChevyJohn
    from TEXAS!

I'm guessin' that sucker is NOT for sale.:rolleyes:

Notice the YOM plates......

5. S.F.

S.F.

Is that a 59 pontiac rear bumper in the front?

6. colorado51

colorado51

Damn, that is about as far from a 55 Chevy as you can get. People will have a hard time ID'ing that one!

It would be a cool car to have.

7. Tin Can

Tin Can

Itll be sweet if can get it and find some history on it. get it and restore it to what it was at one time. Good luck

8. Mudslinger

Mudslinger

Nice find but unless the guys is stupid I would plan on getting stunned by the convertible price tag.

9. seldom scene

seldom scene

That has to be the worst 55 Chevy I have ever seen. Push it back deeper into the woods before it contanimates anything else.

10. Whatever it is it make the front of the car look like an overgrown flathead catfish.

38fordpickup likes this.
  11. Flatman

Flatman

Have you tried leaving a note in their mailbox?

Flatman

12. rebstew187

rebstew187

not yet. they live in the little single wide trailer that is behind the car. I figured they have had every kid on the road trying to buy it or trade a hog or a cow for it. I think I'd have a better chance with a face to face talk with a pocket full of cash.

13. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

you better have BIG pockets. just cause he lives in a trailer does'nt mean he's stupid (at least when it comes to the value of his car).

14. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

It's always amazing to me to see a person with a car that's worth more than their home. It's usually a new SUV or sports car, not an old custom convert. I would guess it's maybe an inheritence, and their trying to find out the value before they sell. Better hope there's nothing like it on Ebay right now.

15. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe

The owner is probably still in Ohio wondering what happened to his Bondo-rustic special.

It hasn't been sitting there too long, (no bullet holes in it).

16. plw

plw

Just my opinion so don't get pissed, but NOTHING is going to make that car nice. Belongs in the ugliest customs ever made thread.

raff23089 and 38fordpickup like this.
  17. hvychvy

hvychvy

That would shure make some tri 5 guys cry:D

18. DeucePhaeton

DeucePhaeton

There was an era when customizing improved the looks of a car. This definately came from the era when they changed things just to change things. Didn't have a lot of style. Holy Cow, dat ting was hit by an ugly stick!

19. Big time Ditto. Except for "house", I'd have said trailer:) .

20. 51special

51special

I could be wrong, but I was looking through a Barris book the other day and saw a gold colored kustom that looked exactly like that car.

21. Shagrat

Shagrat

That sob is ugly from every angle!
    Those front wheel openings are a train wreck.
    I wonder how many gallons of bondo are were used in this build.
    It could be made into something cool, though.

22. i see the plates (1955), but, look at the ridges on top of the front fenders behind the custom work. look at the rear wheel well shape, and it's got a 57 rear bumper. i think it's a 57.

23. The37Kid

The37Kid

There is a ton of work in that car, it would be interesting to see the degree of finish up close. I hope you can get it. Have you looked to see if it was featured in any magazines of that era?

24. LUCIFR

LUCIFR
    from Seattle

whats up with the trap door above the license plate... gas???

25. jonski und29

jonski und29

Yeah, its ugly, but soo cool!

If you do get serious with the guy, check the car all over for rust. Old bondo means trapped moisture. The car has enough of one. make sure it doesn't have the other.

Good luck!

26. roadracer

roadracer

man, that is the ugliest car I've seen for a long while.

i'll be having nightmares about those front wheelwells :eek:

27. Belchfire8

Belchfire8

I wonder what happens when ya pull the cement block out from under the drivers door!!!!!!

28. Gurantee Ya the Guy is going to start Fixxn er up just any Day Now. She aint for Sale Boyz. Any Bet's?
    The Wizzard

29. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

I'd speculate the front bumper is off a Lincoln Continental, prolly about a '58 or '59, and the top piece may be Lincoln as well. The headlights are '58 Chevy, canted...the grille looks like after-market bullets.

Around back, the taillights are '59 Mercury stood on end, below that are two '59 Caddy taillights...and below that is a '56 Caddy rear bumper.

The rear wheelwells look like about a '57 or '58 Studebaker, altho there is a '59 Pontiac influence there.

The front fenders still have a peak down the middle...I'd speculate those are '58 Chevy fenders grafted on to the Chevys since the hood opening is changed (pancaked) and note how the hood edges angle...tells me those are '58 fenders.

I really can't tell if it's a '55...or a '56...or a '57...since I can't see the dash.

R-

30. Muttley

Muttley

You Gee El Why.