Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dragged the BONESHAKER out today

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SPEEDBARRONS, Feb 5, 2007.

1. SPEEDBARRONS

SPEEDBARRONS

Have questions from time to time about the shaker so I took some pics. Its a stalled project for a few years now, which is stupid because it has a radiator, it steers, has brakes, has a hand clutch, it runs, and has a driveline made. it was an old racer from 1962, has Eng Specialties 1962 under the old paint, the flames were on it, and has a 32 bobbed frame that went to the body. I built the body structure out of 1" square tubing shaped like the 27 T. If you pull the body it still looks like a T, its also sporting 21" A wheels and has solid rear suspention original to the car. I also constantly try and trick people to work on it cause I lost interest. It also has aircraft seat frames in it, that a husband and wife burned to death in a crash, so I'm not so sure about the voodoo involved in that

Attached Files:

2. SPEEDBARRONS

SPEEDBARRONS

next

Attached Files:

3. AHotRod

AHotRod

WOW.
    I'm glad you did pull it out and snap pictures....it's been along time.

So, what's it gonna take to finish it up ??????

4. SPEEDBARRONS

SPEEDBARRONS

probably some pills? I get carried away with too many other fun things

5. borndead327

borndead327

6. Bgoodman

Bgoodman

Really cool ride... not too sure about burning to death though, that doesn't sound too fun. I'd watch out for that voodoo stuff, i don't think it exists but if you ask my uncle he'll tell you that the most problems and trouble he ever had in his life was when after he painted a voodoo skull on the side of his old chevy. All of it went away when he covered it over too. pretty wierd. looks great though!

7. borndead327

borndead327

is that rear solid mounted?
    i

8. borndead327

borndead327

is that rear solid mounted?
    i guess hence the name bone shaker

9. Frank

Frank

I can dig it! That car has a way of making those old spoke wheels look really cool together.

I dunno about that Vega engine though.

10. So what's the deal on the hand clutch ?

11. Tetanus Shot

Tetanus Shot

nice to see some updated pictures of it, doesnt look like it needs much.

want to sell it?

Attached Files:

12. Glad you pulled it out speed, I've been waiting to see the pics of it!!! I think I'm definitely going to do 19s or 21s on my T now!!!

13. SPEEDBARRONS

SPEEDBARRONS

The Monza motor spec' at 180 hp supposed to be the track motor people used to be gay for, backed up by an early Tempest T-10 tranny, and a left hand model A brake handle set up to be a hand clutch. I figured the more monkey motion going on to drive it, the more impressed and popular you would be with your friends, for now it just sits under a tarp. Would I sell it? Yes to the right person who would see it thru, and has a death wish, but money is temporary I rather have another project that would get me excited. also has a small block chevy mid-motor plate that bolts to the firewall

14. Joe King

Joe King

I think you're afraid.

you know don't you you're afraid

15. chevy400ci

chevy400ci
    from Kansas

ill come work on it for ya

16. freeze plug

freeze plug
    from Canton, CT

looks freaky as hell, but would I tool around in it? hell yes

17. 40Tudor

40Tudor

Dumb question of the day...Who steers while you clutch with one hand and shift with the other?

Finish that thing up an' drive already willya?

18. draggin ass

draggin ass
    BANNED
    from hell

i wonder if those spoke wheels can handle the solid mounting of the axle....... thats alot of force that cant get absorbed properly?

19. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Ya use your knees silly...........

That thing is RAD.......although I'd be a little worried about the rear wheels coming apart with the "solid rear suspension".........

20. SPEEDBARRONS

SPEEDBARRONS

nothing ventured, nothing gained. The clutch lever still ratchets and locks, just shift fast enough everything should be fine

21. GooGooMuck

GooGooMuck
    from Tacoma, WA

HA! I've been tricked into working on it a couple of times. That was way back when it was at Marshal's though.

22. holy crap that is orsome- it'd been looking for ideas like this for a while altough i't go steels on the back. don't worry about the clutch an old family friends truck had two clutch pedals- both had to be presed at the same time and two gear shifters- it was a farm hack- i wish it still went.

23. 40Tudor

40Tudor

Yeah, I was kind of wondering whether you'd make use of the ratchet deal. FWIW, I've found that you need at least a 5 year old for surrogate shifting.

Gonna be hell on your lap times. I s'pose if you could get your downshift done before you start to turn in..... :rolleyes: :D

I wonder if a motorcycle clutch lever/master cylinder would work on a car...mounted on the shift lever....hmmm....

24. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

That looks dangerously kewl.........

PACO

25. Yo Baby

Yo Baby

I sure like the stance.I don't think it could look any more aggresive.
    I used to drive a roundy car with a hand clutch.It worked pretty good for that.
    I think I'd be thinkin about ,say a hand brake and a foot clutch though if it wasn't too late to turn back.

26. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

Not that this thing will ever actually get driven on the road, but if it does, that solid rear axle is going to make it skitter all over the place. Every time you hit a bump in the road, the back end is going to bounce up because there is no suspension to absorb the shock.
    Driving with no hands on the wheel so you can shift, and no rear suspension. Rock-a-billy-riffic! You're not going to put a drive shaft tunnel in it, are you? It'd be crazy-kewl to have that meat grinder spinning a few thousand rpm right under your elbow.

Brad

27. rustypipes

rustypipes
    from san jose

Ive been waiting for some more pics of this beast, I think you should rename that thing "KNAR KNAR"

28. SPEEDBARRONS

SPEEDBARRONS

Come on Brad, the car has been around with a solid before you became an authority. I actually know a couple of people with vintange race cars with solids, including a 29 coupe that drives the world famous Swindlers poker run every year, so come on expert, what do you know about it. I have vintage Indian motorcycles that have alot of monkey motion going on to ride them, they are nothing like a regular bike, like you would be used to. yes I'm aware of the wires COULD possibly fail. Your rockabilly reference just showed me your hand that you don't no shit. Didn't you hear? the coolest stuff out there is being built and found, here in Washington............. anyway, thanks all who like the style of the car, its in keeping with all my other weird stuff. Ideally I'd like to have some 26" solids from a Chev or Dodge, giving it a board-tracky feel

29. bigken

bigken

I've been wondering the same thing? WHY NOT!
    Sure give the left leg an easy go of it.

30. bigken

bigken

Answered my own question, and yours, 40Tudor...

http://www.rediautosport.com/instruct.htm