Register now to get rid of these ads!

vintage boats,who alls got em

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by hvychvy, Feb 1, 2007.

1. hvychvy

hvychvy

This is a little off topic,but I was wondering who else digs old boats too.I just bought this one,its not as old as I'd like,but I think it's pretty cool:D

Attached Files:

Faded Love Garage likes this.
  2. fiveofeen

fiveofeen

The barnacle, a 64' Thompson bay boat. Has a 2.5 Iron duck I/O great fun, lots of work.

[​IMG]

3. rusty210

rusty210

I've got a '55 Orlando Clipper and a '58 Lonestar Holiday. Both aluminum. I'd love to get ahold of something with more of that late 50s early 60s spaceage style.

4. old beet

old beet

Got to be wood, when you say vintage. I have a 1959 GeeCee "Lady Clipper" runnin a 40 Merc...........OLDBEET

5. Wesley

Wesley

here is an idea, how about a space at the round up for anyone that tows their 50s wooden hole in the water behind there 50s style custom more - door or long roof.

6. rixrex

rixrex

vintage wood is beautiful. Chris-Craft,Hacker, I'm just not in that $$ league yet..I have a 50s 19' fiberglas 4 seat run-a-bout with fins..its a "Whitehouse"? make..has a 59 Impala like steering wheel, little wraparound windshield..gonna try and fit 59 Caddy tailights innit and paint it the same colors as my Edsel..maybe Roundup 08....

7. lucky loony

lucky loony
    from canada

buddy and i just bought a wooden (ply) boat some old guy built from plans back in '50 something. looks kinda like a chriscraft. it also had a '53 flatty in it!!! oh, and it's black with red bottom paint hahaha

8. Sloppyseconds

Sloppyseconds
    from Pasadena

I (my family) has a 59 Chris Craft...Fins and all...kinda DeSoto looking dash ...SBC purrs like a kitten...Great old boat. Use to be the retal boats from lake Arrowhead.

9. Lucky Burton

Lucky Burton

Heres some pictures of my 1959 Holiday. I had to restore the whole thing.. I had a post about vintage boats awhile back do a search.There alot of Hambers that have them......Lucky

Attached Files:

10. Bobby Green

Bobby Green

11. Lucky Burton

Lucky Burton

No Kurt, Bobby and I were at Casitas Lake in Ojai...The pictures of my boat were at Pyramid though.....Lucky

12. denis4x4

denis4x4
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Colorado

My hole in the water is a 1942 Chris-Craft 16' Deluxe Utility repowered with a C-C six cylinder C-C engine. Hull restoration cost $20,000!

13. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

I don't have any of the actual pics handy but when I was younger my father and uncles restored a 71 correct craft separator which is a very rare v-drive with a holman moody 351 in it. 16' boat would run about 60-65. we painted it yellow top and white bottom with matching interior. it was by far the best sounding boat on the lake. basically straight pipes out the back of the boat.
    [​IMG]

14. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

Not mine but a friend

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Faded Love Garage likes this.
  15. leadsled01

leadsled01

Don't have one yet, but I have been collecting parts for a boat ie:weiand- nailhead marine exhaust manifolds : Just bought a Calmarine timing cover and water pump for a nailhead. Check out Fiberglassics and Oldboathouse web sights!!

16. I've got a 1954 Chris-craft 21 foot runabout that I am planning on restoring, I'm the second owner, it's been in dry storage for the last 25 years.

17. Mr T body

Mr T body
    Alliance Vendor
    from BHC AZ

I'm finishing this boat right now. 1969 Stevens flatbottom jet, 390 fe, Berkely JA pump. Wood is good.. I just prefer performance boats. Kidney belt optional......

Attached Files:

18. Busted Knuckles

Busted Knuckles

1968 Thompson Thomboy 17 footer , last of the wooden , its abot 85% restored. I also have a 1963 Rhodes 18 sailboat. Its a glass boat with very classic lines, built by Cape Code Shipbuilding and sold new to John Howard of Howards Boats shop also in Cape Cod and a well known feller.

19. synthsis

synthsis

I've been lusting over a Mahongany Lapstrake Chris Craft for quite some time now. I'd have a hard time justifying the expense since I've already got three old cars, a motorcycle, and a daily driver. Running out of room up here.

20. Abomination

Abomination

We've been looking for some info on 318 Polys installed in both Riva boats made in Italy, and Correct Craft boats here in the U.S. over at The Polyspherical Engine Association:
    http://www.geocities.com/polyman64/marine.html

If you have any info, specs, or pictures hook me up!

~Jason

21. strombergs97

strombergs97
    from California

Try it again..1966 Chris Craft Connie 40'..5 year restroration, 8 years enjoying the Sacramento Delta..
    duane

Attached Files:

22. Junkyard Jan

Junkyard Jan
    Member Emeritus

I could kick myself in the ass for not buying my dad's 1958 Glasspar Sport Lido. It'd been in the family since '60 and I could've bought it for about $400, complete with a 35 horse Evinrude and TeeNee trailer. It needed some cleanup from sitting indoors so long, but was nice for an unrestored boat.

I was thiking about a small motorcycle..about 4-500cc, but I don't think that my back will take much riding. Maybe I'll start looking for a boat to restore instead..:)

Jan

23. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Here's my '65 Stevens I picked up this past year. I'm restoring now and it should be on the water this spring (I hope!). The Hemi was built by Joe Reath, of Dunn and Reath fame when the boat was originally put together.

Attached Files:

24. ol'skool29

ol'skool29

wow, keith i bet your neighbors love you hahaha

25. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Actually, my neighbors have always been pretty cool with the open headers on my cars and the burnouts, but we'll see how the people that live by the water like me this summer!:D

26. Cris

Cris
    from Vermont

27. tattooedup37

tattooedup37

Gawd awful beautiful boats man. I am on the hunt for a barrel back to restore! Don't know where I can get one on the cheap do ya hahaha

28. Rik

Rik

I got a '65 (?) ChrisCraft SuperSport with a 327cid
    Needs a lot of work but it is a cool boat , i think
    Anybody got any info on this boat ?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

29. classicfins

classicfins

LOL.. Oh my.. old boats.. well, take a look at this addiction of mine to these old boats. LOL

Old boats, old cars.. They're all the same to me. :) BTW, this is only about 1/3 of my collection. Wanna see more?

http://www.youngpages.net/myboats.htm

Attached Files:

30. classicfins

classicfins

Not just woodies. The 1950's were the grand era of styling and design for the fiberglass boats. The wildest designs you will ever find are fiberglass.

Doug

Attached Files: