Register now to get rid of these ads!

Funky new Demon carb!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Appleseed, Jan 23, 2007.

1. Appleseed

Appleseed

Ok, its not old but its cool looking.[​IMG]
    Its a 4 bbl inline carb from Demon.
    I remember seeing an old picture of a Ford Tran-Am setup like this. I
    Think it was called a "Boss" or something like that. Anyway, it'd look cooler than a regular 4 barrel. Too bad its only for Chevys.

2. brandon

brandon

i couldn't believe they didn't offer it for a ford.....it reminds ya of the autolite inline unit.....neat piece.....would look cool on top of a blower....brandon

3. Omega

Omega
    from Mass

4. Sutton

Sutton
    from BTR

5. always chevy first...

but hey, why cant adapters be made....I think were on to something :)

$2,000.oo :eek:

6. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

the carb is not the problem, it's the manifold... you could mill the top off of a dual quad and adapt it...

7. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

Theirs a good story in the new hot rod mag about this, they call it the badman ....1800.00 for chevy and ford s on the way now........

8. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

Or maybe an old tunnel ram?

9. I found you queers - (Chuck and Zman) hanging out talking about 2K dollar carb set ups. Geez.

10. boozoo

boozoo

I hope that price tag comes with the complimentary metal shavings in the bowl that they've become so famous for. :D

11. ***Area-51***

***Area-51***
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Ohio

geat looking carb...guess you could fab you owm manifold

12. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

That's Mr. Queer to you buddy!

You better learn to respect your elders!

13. Well, that takes care of that now...:mad:

It's a pretty cool looking piece and would look great on the side of a stright 6 but the price kills it for me.

14. tjm73

tjm73

Not a new idea. It's just a modern Cross Boss carb/intake like Ford used to get around a Trans-Am rule is '69/'70.

Ford wanted better fuel distribution, but Trans-Am said they could only use a 4 venturi carb, not the dual quad setup Ford planed, so they made a BIG inline 4V carb.

Attached Files:

15. Appleseed

Appleseed

$2000! Woow -I guess I didn't read the add far enough. I might have thought twice about posting it. Christ thats alot of money.

16. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

I'll bet it could be easily adapted to a SBF EFI lower intake - should also be pretty straight forward to mount on a blower too....

If they'd sell just the carb instead of the whole package - I've sent 'em two messages, but no responses yet.

17. Tech @ BG

Tech @ BG

Flat Ernie,

Not sure what happened to your emails. At this time we’re not going to be selling the carburetors by themselves. The first few production runs of complete systems have already been preordered. Once we get caught up we will be able to offer them separately.
    The first systems of course will be the Std SBC based on the number of them out there, from there we’ll be finishing up the BBC, and LS stuff. At that point we’ll go simply based on demand, most likely it will be the SBF stuff, and somewhere in there we’ll get to work on Blower Calibrated versions for Roots style Super Chargers, and Blow Through calibrations for the centrifugal guys.

18. Tech @ BG

Tech @ BG

Trans-Am, banned the inline carburetors in 1971, so Ford dropped em. The ban is still on the books in a lot of sanctioning bodies today.

19. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

It's ashame then. I think the pricing is a bit high for the average person - I understand that low-production stuff is necessarily more expensive. These will get stuck on show cars first.

It'd be nice if you sold just the carbs - let folks adapt to the other, less popular, non-SBC engines however they can. You'd definitely sell more of them. Maybe not enough to make a difference in pricing though.

Thanks for the reply.

20. Tech @ BG

Tech @ BG

Flat Ernie,

No problem. As stated we will eventually offer the carburetors by themselves, but with first few production runs already presold we've got to take care of those customers first especially when there isn't another intake out there the carburetor will directly bolt to at this point. We'll have more information on the carburetors by themselves once we have them available.

21. HOTRODRUBBER

HOTRODRUBBER

Will it have the same problems with the idling circuts as the rest of you carb's. I have yet to see one of the Demons work without major rework.
    The emulsion tubes on the Demons are CRAP!

22. Tech @ BG

Tech @ BG

Not sure exactly what you're referring to since we do not have major problems with our idle circuits, and at this time do not produce any carburetors using emulsion tubes.

Now our fuel calibrations are much more specific than other manufactures so if the improper carburetor is used, or not adjusted properly there can be issues.

23. HOTRODRUBBER

HOTRODRUBBER

Across the street is a Dyno Jet and from time to time I will sneek over to see what all of the noise is about. I have seen many late nights with Demon carbs on that dyno. Seem to run great with alot of throttle but most will not idle, or have one hell of a dead spot off idle. Have you ever talked with a guy by the name of "Maley" if you have he is one of the top tuners in this area.He has worked alot of magic with the Demon, but never has mutch good to say about them out of the box.

24. Tech @ BG

Tech @ BG

Checked with the guys here, and no one is familiar with anyone named Maley out in Oregon City, we even checked with a number of the larger warehouses and tuners out there and it didn’t ring any bells. The only name that they were able to give us was Savis in Oregon City who is a Holley® distributor. Is this the same person by chance?

25. HOTRODRUBBER

HOTRODRUBBER

The shops name is Bel Air Performance. Maley does not work for them he is just brought in for tuning help. Thanks for looking into this and I will check with him on further info. Glad to know you are ready to help.
    Thanks
    Cody

26. Zombilly

Zombilly

I have a 327 that would look nice on but at 1800 a poke... haha yeah its going to be a while

27. chitbox dodge

chitbox dodge
    from dunlap tn

have you guys ever thought of maybe doing something more in line with the type of crowd that favors nostalgia/traditional sorts of fair, i.e. the folks on the HAMB? maybe a nice replica of a holley 94 perhaps. one that doesnt cost $2k for a good three-two set up. its a whole new market if you look into it.

28. Tech @ BG

Tech @ BG

We are looking into more retro type stuff like our "Old-School" Six-Shooter systems. As far as pricing goes, it's just a matter of what it cost to manufacture items.

29. Tech @ BG

Tech @ BG

No problem, have him contact us if he's still having issues.

30. Ghostrdr

Ghostrdr
    from Missouri

Or perhaps use the lower half of a FI intake from the late ninetie's 5.0 engines. Hey plus if you wanted you might be able to use the injector holes for a wicked multiport Nitrous setup. I think the GT40 base would have adequate port size for the 351 windsor. The adaptore would be the most cost prohibitive part of this idea i would guess.