Register now to get rid of these ads!

Finally Getting Somewhere......

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by THE-SYNDICATE, Apr 25, 2004.

1. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

Hello HAMB!

Well I have been chipping away on my '32 and decided I needed to put the body on the frame to check some dimensions and what not. Wow what an inspiration!!! I'm so stoked on how this thing is coming together. I just wish that I was done.... Much more to go but here's some pics for your review:

Attached Files:

2. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

Again:

Attached Files:

3. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

Another:

Attached Files:

4. Wow ! Very nice. I like the stands at both ends that you're using to establish the ride height.

Clever !

5. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Are those ET-III's on the back? If so, what are the measurements, back spacing?

Frank

6. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

Hey fab32,

Yes those rear wheels are ET III's that I purchased a couple of months ago. They are 16X10's and the back spacing is around 2.75". The quick change is right at 55" flange to flange and this entire combo puts the wheels at about 2" off of the body. I believe that you would normally have a rear end that is about 57" wide but I was stuck with this quick change from the beginning and it works great with this combination.... Lucky I guess.....

Let me know if you have any more questions?

Thanks,

THE-SYNDICATE

7. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

I fucked up.... Here's another picture! And in responce to the other question by SJfast:

Yes I made an original set of "Mock-up" stands that are now at my best friends HotRod shop and now a new set for home use. These have proven to be a huge help in setting up the car. They hold the entire thing right at ride height and then allow you to mess around with all of the important stuff like exhaust,suspention, etc. and know that it will all come out right in the end... I just love those little stands...

Later,

THE-SYNDICATE

Attached Files:

8. nor cal nic

nor cal nic

so, update on the '32... i'm starting on a '29 project and need 'local' inspiration.
    thanks,
    nic

9. hiboyroadsterboy

hiboyroadsterboy
    from Mass

Hey I like it,good looking deuce,keep up the good work.

10. dodgerodder

dodgerodder

Looks real good man. Sometimes mocking it up to help see the look helps a ton with inspiration

11. Cool!

I like the stance... you gonna run the injection mechanical or electronic?

Sam.

12. Chuck R

Chuck R

Bichen, That is a perfect stance. Didn't you and Mike build the chassis? What year wish bones are you using up front and what size tires are on the back? Are they the 315/ 65 16's that bf goodrich use to make or did you find another size that works.
    Great looking ride. It will be fun.
    Chuck

13. Looks Great! I like your stand idea too! Have to use that on my project! Thanks!

14. By the way, great tool collection! I like the contrast of that old saw and the high tech lathe!