Register now to get rid of these ads!

holley 94 repair help,ideas needed...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flathead31coupe, Dec 2, 2006.

1. flathead31coupe

flathead31coupe
    from indpls, in

fuel inlet threads stripped, using factory style fitting and steel brake line.any way to repair, threads,

2. Flatman

Flatman

How bad are the threads? I don't know if there's enough metal to go up to a larger thread size, you might be able to retap it to a pipe thread if the old ones are totally shot. Too bad you're in Indi, I've got a great '48 spare... The tops are all pretty much the same for various years, you should be able to find one to repair your carb.

Flatman

3. 50shoe

50shoe

cores are still pretty cheap for these. I'd find a matching parts carb and use the body. its prolly gonna leak no matter how you fix it.

4. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

I had offered help on a post you made about the 94 a couple months ago and you didn't respond. i will make one more offer.....I will GIVE you an air horn but you will have to pick it up. No response...no deal.
    the Dickster

5. gregg

gregg
    from Fulton IL

6. flathead31coupe

flathead31coupe
    from indpls, in

thats cool, thanks ,i remember your post about the rochester 2g carb i did have on their,sorry for not getting back to you,i found a fitting that goes into the carb air horn with a gasket, that will work, but i need two more, one for the other carb and the fuel pump, then i can take off the fuel lines as needed without hurting the threads in the air horn, this fitting will stay in the air horn, but on sat i cant find any, tried napa and vans,...

7. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

The olde repair fitting, made with deeper threads to grab onto metal not stripped out, is a fleamarket find only--I don't know of any supply. A significant percentage of fleamarket 94's have thes--they look just about like a '97 inlet screwed into a 94, though of course inner threads are different. A similar part was used stock on some 1950's 94's, but it will require a change in fuel lines since it takes a later style of fitting. If you dig around at fleamarkets a bit, you can dig up a decent casting or a carb with the repair fitting.

8. Ghostrdr

Ghostrdr
    from Missouri

Is there enough material for helicoil? Not sure if it would work but seems to do the trick on everything else I have had a bad thread on.

9. flathead31coupe

flathead31coupe
    from indpls, in

i found a fitting in another, 94 that was the right fit,the ford nut has the same thread as this fitting,inside and out,

10. seymour

seymour
    from PNW

are they getting that rare???

11. flathead31coupe

flathead31coupe
    from indpls, in

i have been to 4 carb shops, none found

12. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

The longer fittings are still available Burt and no guys, parts and repair pieces are NOT getting any harder to come by than 10 years ago, you just have to know where to look. "That's my story and I'm stickin' to it."
    the Dickster

13. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Are the repair fittings actually available now?? The ones with Ford nut threads in and out, inner ones extra deep? Those are useful devices, but I haven't seen them advertised since the 1960's. Lots of 94's have shaky or completely failed inlet threads. Some rebuilders used to drill out the inlets and insert a special brass sleeve with threads in these things.
    Service parts availability really is better than it has been since Ford stopped stocking--the rodding industry and inernet have made things much easier for primitive carb people, and lots of information and misinformation is readily available for those who don't have the ancient texts.

14. Truckeez

Truckeez

If I remember ill photo the three different types I have and post tommorrow

15. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

dude this thread is almost 5 years old...

but I guess you may as well show em if you got em!:D

16. Truckeez

Truckeez

Uh yea-it really dosn't matter how old the thread -the 94 craze is still current.

So Bruce --which is the Ford Nut?

Attached Files:

17. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Either my eyes just failed or that is one fuzzy picture...
    looks to me like the two on right are the repair adaptors IF the inner threads are 1/2".
    So both male and female threads would be same size...aftermarket repair futting. There is also a Ford 1950's oiece that looks about the same but has the 1/2 male threads and smaller female threads for entirely different fitting...
    Actual Ford nut is the piece on the fuel line that threads into the carb. Not there in your pics...
    Looks like one on left is a hose nipple that would fit either a 94 or a 97 to hook up flexible line.

18. alchemy

alchemy

My eyes failed too. What's up with people posting fuzzy or nighttime pictures lately?

19. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Must be E-bay sellers! :) "Was NOS in 1946..."