Register now to get rid of these ads!

1931 Chevy Sedan VIN Location????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LeadSledMerc, Nov 18, 2006.

1. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

A friend just picked up a '31 Chevy 4-door Sedan and is trying to find the VIN. The body is already off the frame if that helps like the Fords.

Can anyone give me a clue on this?

Thanks, LSM

2. should be on the firewall, passenger side

3. Hi!

Hi!
    from SoCal

Should be on the front frame rails top. One of my cars is on the pass side and my truck on the drivers side in the engine bay.
    Tags on the firewall.

4. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Thanks for the help.
    LSM

5. crazycory1

crazycory1

I have a 31 4 door sedan and went through the same problem. I just found the location of my tag yesterday. After about a year of trying to find info on where the tag is a finally for a web page that explains everything. I'm at work right now, I will post a link when I get home.

The data tag on the fire is not the vin tag. The vin tag is tacked to the main wood floor beam on the passengers side. Open the passengers side front door. Go about 6 to 8 inches in front of the seat off the corner of the seat. Lift the floor mat , and the wooden front floor pan.

If your friends car has no wood in it the tag won't be there.

I'm not sure if there is a location on the frame that has the vin number on it. The web page says that most cars used the engine number as the vin number. I don't have the original engine so I don't know if mine matched the engine.

6. crazycory1

crazycory1