Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Real 50's Hot Rods

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Ragtop, Apr 6, 2004.

1. Ragtop

Ragtop
    Member Emeritus

THought I'd post a few pics from my collection of Hot Rods from around here from the mid to late 50's. There's more at my web page. This one had a Packard Patrician V8. was raced at Cayuga in Ontario and New Baltimore Mi. Beat Connie Kalitta's 40 Willys there. THis car belonged to Bernie DesJardins of Tecumseh Ontario

Attached Files:

AHotRod likes this.
  2. Ragtop

Ragtop
    Member Emeritus

Here's another one. Don't know the 3 window, but the 34 Cabriolet belonged to Phil Dutka and had a real hot flathead in it - used to beat most of the O/H's. Phil had a hole to look through in the firewall - used to duck down so you couldn't see him and pass the whole row of Hot Rods on the way to the drags at speed.

Attached Files:

AHotRod likes this.
  3. Ragtop

Ragtop
    Member Emeritus

this one was Ted Kwiatkowski's 3 window - very nice car!

Attached Files:

AHotRod likes this.
  4. Ragtop

Ragtop
    Member Emeritus

Roy Desjardins' chopped Chevy coupe

Attached Files:

AHotRod likes this.

5. Ragtop

Ragtop
    Member Emeritus

Unknown roadster

Attached Files:

AHotRod likes this.
  6. Ragtop

Ragtop
    Member Emeritus

6 cylinder dragster

Attached Files:

AHotRod likes this.
  7. 36couper

36couper
    from ontario

Mike....I think I asked you this one before. Who was the guy that owned the A roadster with the 427 side oiler in it? Mid 60's to early 70's. That car got me hooked on hot rods at a young age. Oh yeah, have any pics of it?

8. mikes51

mikes51

Great stuff, thanks for posting. I like the simplicity of that dragster. Looks like the front wheels came right off of a scrambler.

Interesting the dragster is running a radiator too. I'm guessing it was probably removed the next week to get rid of that "excess weight on the drag strip". [​IMG]

9. krupanut

krupanut

Very Cool!
    Thanks for postign them.
    Got any more?

10. Wow... thanks for sharing. It just doesn't get any damn cooler then that. Man, I was born 50 years off!

11. Kool pic's of timeless rides Ragtop.....are you going to the Cayuga Reuion this year?....if so we should hook up.....love to see more of your great shots of local hot rods of the past! [​IMG]

12. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Mike...VERY KOOL!!!!!!.any of these babys still floating in the area?... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. caffeine

caffeine
    from Central NJ

I saw one time on another messageboard..someone had posted pictures from the 50's of guys riding harley panheads. they were riding in the snow...doing dirt jumps etc...

there was some good commentary too....if anyone knows what im talking about link me to it again! i need a fix!!

14. Joe Bardell

Joe Bardell

36couper, you talking about the blue one with injection stacks? If so, my grandfather has a snapshot of it, with '427' painted on the side of it. Lemme know.

15. 36couper

36couper
    from ontario

Joe....it might have been blue but I thought it was gray. But that was a looong time ago when I was just a kid. All I could do is focus on the 427 s/o Ford.
    I have to ask you, what is a dude in NJ doing with a picture of a Model A from the Windsor area?

16. SomethinWicked

SomethinWicked
    from York, PA

Thanks for posting those, Ragtop! I love Mr. Kwiatkowski's 3 window.

17. InjectorTim

InjectorTim

Awesome Ve-Hickles.

18. Ragtop

Ragtop
    Member Emeritus

"Ontario George Fitzios" and he still has it. Here's an old pic and a new one and I have an even older one on my webpage. It was grey way back then, but it's blue now (and has been for about 25 years. George has owned it for well over 30 years. I don't believe it was ever injected, and I've been a friend of George's for a long time, but it did have a wild tunnel ram on it that was home made by a guy in Michigan name of Fred Flecinstien. I might have the spelling off a bit, but Fred is still around too and recently had a very nice flathead powered glass deuce roadster.

Attached Files:

19. Satinblack

Satinblack

Awesome pics Ragtop, thanks for posting!

20. Ragtop

Ragtop
    Member Emeritus

Now: Check out the link below the pics for more.

Attached Files:

21. Ragtop

Ragtop
    Member Emeritus

Sadly, I haven't been able to locate any of them.

22. 36couper

36couper
    from ontario

Mike...that's it!!! I can't tell you how much that car meant to me. I never knew George but if he knew the impact that roadster had on me, he wouldn't believe it. Would love to meet him sometime. Thanks!!

23. Ragtop, I checked out the web site it was great to see "t" for Two"......went and grabbed my copy of Rodding & Re-Styling 1964 and there was the spread on Roy Destardins and Reny La Liberte of Tecumseh, Ont. about their trip to Florida pulling a trailer with the hot rod!.....Ragtop are these buddies of yours still living in the Windsor area, if so be great to meet them and yourself some time this summer if the chance comes up! Would you also like a copy of this article from 1964? LeT me know and I'll send you one. Thanks again! [​IMG]

24. Joe Bardell

Joe Bardell

36couper, we're talking about dif. cars. I'll grab the pic of the old race car and post it ASAP.

25. Ragtop

Ragtop
    Member Emeritus

I gotta tell you - I'd kill for those T for Two pics! The only ones I've been able to find are after the car burned and was changed quite a bit during the rebuild. I do know most of these guys. Some are still gear heads, some aren't but they're all great guys.

26. bustingear

bustingear

Fantastic old tin and pics!

27. Ragtop, pm me with your address and I'll make a copy of the article from 64 and mail it to ya!!

28. AHotRod

AHotRod

Ragtop,
    Thanks for the link to your pictures........very Cool !

29. my2nd40

my2nd40
    from Tennessee

This.........is why I come here....

Thanks!

30. Ragtop

Ragtop
    Member Emeritus

Here's a few more. This one is Sam Higginbottom's. He sstill has it - now full fendered and back on the road this summer for the first time in many years.

Attached Files: