Register now to get rid of these ads!

29 Truck update #3...almost done!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dv8, Oct 16, 2006.

1. dv8

dv8

Here's the last update:

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=130793

We got it put together, then blown apart, and then back together again.

Since last time, we got the brakes put in, as well as the fuel lines. We got the thing channeled over the frame, the steering set up, the frame and suspension painted, the bed mounted, the floor put in, the shifter, radiator, etc. put in. I did a little bodywork, but still need to pull the bed off and finish that up, and paint it, then it's the top wood kit, and upholstry, wheels and tires.

The major hold up was fireing the engine...but I think we're zero-ing in on that problem.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Tetanus Shot

Tetanus Shot

looking good, where did you get those seats? they look badass, any more shots of them?

3. Rand Man

Rand Man

Did you start with a pickup cowl? I've got a sedan cowl and a set of pickup doors, but the hinges don't line up.

4. MBL

MBL

The pickup was always a pickup..so there was really no splicing together...One door is from a model T sedan or truck or something..but they are the same as the ones used on the 28-29 pickups...Its coming together nicely. A weekend or two..and we'll be driving it.
    Tim
    MBL

5. I Love Old Trucks,way Cool Seats

6. dv8

dv8

The seats came from GP autocrafters, and they are awesome! Philip really took care of me and got the seats done and shipped to me in a hurry! Top quality stuff!

http://www.gpautocrafters.com/customer/

The cowl looks added on because I was doing some body work on it...other than the drivers door, it's all the original truck.

7. draggin ass

draggin ass
    BANNED
    from hell

looks great. i made the mistake of saying i was almost done with my car... but yers is WAY farther along=)

8. dv8

dv8

Here's another shot of the seats...

[​IMG]

9. dv8

dv8

I hear ya! But we would have been driving it, if it wasn't for a junk distributor. Of course, now I need to finish up the body and paint, and maybe paint the engine a different color.... :)