Register now to get rid of these ads!

Source for FABRIC-COVERED WIRE: Thumbs up or down?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Detonator, Sep 22, 2006.

1. I've bought from them many times and a good Co. to deal with and Quality products. Wire by the Foot and any color combination you want or ready made replacement loom's. There Vintage terminal selectoin is unreal.
    The Wizzard

2. enjenjo

enjenjo
    from swanton oh

3. KIRK!

KIRK!

I just started to dig for the same thing. Thanks for saving me the effort!

4. Ornery37

Ornery37
    from Texas

That is Cool! I did not think that they made that stuff anymore. Thanks!

5. i've used their stuff many times , it's great

6. a/fxcomet

a/fxcomet
    from Eugene, OR

I don't really want to hijack this, but I need about 1' of cloth spark plug cable, and 2' or 3' of cloth covered wire, maybe 14-18 gage. There is a 10' minimum on their spark plug wire, so I was wondering if anyone had any scraps.

I posted this in the classifieds a while ago. Maybe I should post it there again.

7. Paint

Paint

I have bought wire from them a few times, no problems.......

8. i can't help you on the plug wire , but on the cloth covered 16 gauge i have a lot left over...it's black with a single orange tracer

PM me your address and i could send you some

9. TERPU

TERPU

Try All Ford in S.J., I know J. Mcbride has his whole Woody done this way. Even the plug wires.

Thanks, Tim

10. racer5c

racer5c

One of the motorcycle catalogs ( I forget which one) sells plastic covered wire that is then cloth covered, looks like the real thing.

11. Jimv

Jimv

I use to work for there partner Co. in wood river jct. RI making wiring harnesses.There a great company, in RI here i sent everyone i knew to there shop & they bought right over the counter, good people & a good product.
    Its new vinyl wire thats braided over.Good stuff
    JimV

12. Good company , good products. Just think ahead. Over time the cloth will break down . How fast is dependent on the conditions . I installed a cloth covered vynil wire harness in my brothers car back in the early 80's . The harness is fine but the cloth is disintegrating due to his storage in an unheated garage over the years. The harness is operative because of the vynil coating but looks like hell. Were in Chicago hopefully Santa Cruz is more forgiving.

Larry