Register now to get rid of these ads!

A 32 from England you must see

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by paulatxntric, Sep 12, 2006.

1. This 32 debut was meant to be at The Billing fun run but Coyd, (builder is actually called Han i think, but everyone calls him Coyd due to a piss taking cartoon strip he was involved in about Coyd Boddington's Garage!!) managed to bust it so it made the venue but not the show field!! So it actually came out (as it were) at the Super nats and won participants choice....
    9 years in the making it features a bucket load of handmade parts and fades the boundary between Rod and Sports car. The roof (hand made ally with brass to form the swage lines that were nickle plated before deciding painting them looked better) features a cut in rear window with vents ala early XKE racers, it has Jaguar D type wheels (the fronts machined down to 4 1/2 inches for thinner tyres) Power comes from a Nissan straight 6 dressed to the max in ally parts (all one offs). The interior has a brushed ally floor, 2 saddle brown buckets, a turned ally dash (who's top curves in to the doors) and a Nardi wheel. Not traditional enough for the traditionalists and not fashionable enough for the trendy and not billet enough for the gold chainers. If you get a chance to look at this car close up (it has to be featured in some magazine soon) then do the attention to detail is almost anal but too clever to get that label. It's too subtle for most and is bound to get as much of a roasting as it does praise. I have looked at this car at 3 differnet events so far and still are finding new bits (like the disc brake covers baised on Buggatti drums) I love it.

Attached Files:

2. definitely pretty cool.. I like it..

3. Montechris

Montechris

I like the Euro styling added to the interier.

4. old kid

old kid
    Member Emeritus
    from middle ga

5. Neat...except the steering wheel is on the wrong side?

6. you colonials just drive on the wrong side!!

7. Blair

Blair
    from xx

Nardi steering wheel? SU carbs? Is that thing a sportscar?

8. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Excellent. I like the wheels and the engine especially.

9. Don't you clowns ever get tired of that line?
    Grow up, for christ sake!!!

10. i'm not much for the top, but the rest of the car is sweet.

11. coyd

coyd

Its a hot rod that goes around corners, you see we in England have bends in our roads. Coyd

12. Appleseed

Appleseed

Sweet car, but I want to see the "Coyd" cartoon.

13. Nice to see you here Coyd!!! your car is in my wish list...and close to the top.

14. Oh! Coyd has mailed me!! the brakes are Auto Union not Bugatti....who gives a fuck they're damn neat what ever!....

15. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

he cut up an original set of dunlop XKD wheels?!! WTF?! (please tell me they are replicas...and where i can get a set :D.)

very original looking car. the SU's are a nice limey touch.

16. 55olds88

55olds88

Damn that thing is sweet, trad enough looking for me just with a couple of neat changes..... and a heap of cool one off stuff, and a smattering of dare to be different. man you poms can knock em out when you try :)

17. The37Kid

The37Kid

I really like the Vintage Sports Car/Hot Rod combination! There are so many neat pre war sports car features that would look good on a Hot Rod. Thanks for posting the photos.

18. Durod

Durod
    from DFW, Tx

hahahaha that guy called us colonials.

nice ride.

19. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Oh, and the dash. Outstanding!

20. Clark

Clark

Wow...I thought the car would get bashed on here. I like it! It looks like it was built to go fast.
    Clark

21. bonesy

bonesy

I like the style. Traditional + Modern, usually it doesn't work -- but this guy pulled it off.

22. skipstitch

skipstitch

I love it... kinda reminds me of an early sports car and the Doane Spencer car all rolled into one... COOL!

23. The Doane Spence roadster was one of his influences....
    I can't belive the positive feedback this has had I really did expect a bit of a roasting (from the less enlightened obviously!!) but when you look at the car it just sits perfectly and looks right....then you start to get the details.

AND Fur biscuit yeah they are reps, original ones woul;d have cost more than the whole car!!! Ill find out where he got them.

24. metalshapes

metalshapes

Wow! Thats beautifull.

Welcome to the HAMB coyd...

25. raven

raven

I, for one, like the rear window treatment.
    The whole car is full of fine workmanship and details.
    r

26. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

I guess I'm not the first to think about putting a 280z motor with side drafts in a rod. that thing is a great lookin car. I love the euro influence.

27. HotRodDrummer

HotRodDrummer

You stole that car right out of my head....I love it,

28. NealinCA

NealinCA

I agree...this car is bitchin! I would love to see some chassis details. More pics please...

Neal

29. Hi there Coyd - welcome aboard. Quite agree on the corners - and damn muddy ones out our way. Built mine for a bit of green laning into the bargain...

Beautious wagon you have there by the way!