Register now to get rid of these ads!

Auction for ChevyGirlRox, Hot Rod HAMB mailbox

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Brickster, Aug 17, 2006.

1. Brickster

Brickster

H.A.M.B. = Homemade Antique Mail Box

Well I guess it’s not really antique but it’s the only thing I could think of.

I made this mailbox with the intention of auctioning it off for the board but after reading about the accident in Louisville I felt like it would be more appropriate that proceeds go to Megan (ChevyGirlRox) to hopefully help out a little while she is out of work.
    Here are the details. It was built by me out of .063” aluminum that was distressed before the pieces were assembled with solid countersunk rivets I got from a friend that builds airplanes. I “finished” it to look old. I know that faux-tina does not go over that well on cars around here but I hope the bidding parties are more forgiving on mailboxes. I’ve got a few hours in the construction and the faux finish. Also the hand lettering on the back (Viva La HAMB) was done by legendary pinstriper Bob Spina. The raw materials were donated by WyoTech.

I really meant to get it finished and start the auction before going to Bonneville but I am a terrible procrastinator. Please bid high and bid often.

The auction will end one week from now. 9:00pm August 24th Wyoming time. I’ll pay shipping anywhere in the continental US once the money has reached Megan.

Brick

Attached Files:

2. I'll get it started @$50.00. Now, someone outbid me!!

3. t-town-track-t

t-town-track-t
    from Tulsa

I'll jump off at $25

4. t-town-track-t

t-town-track-t
    from Tulsa

looks like I was not fast enough

5. NortonG

NortonG
    Member Emeritus

6. chevtrux

chevtrux

il go a hunert

7. Dakota

Dakota
    from Beulah, ND

that thing is awesome....

8. Derek Mitchell

Derek Mitchell

Where I'm moving, they dont have mailboxes. Maybe I can talk the post office into puttin it where the P.O. box would be.

BTTT for a sticky.

9. Scotch

Scotch

A buck-oh-five...

Get Well Megan!!!

~Scotch~

10. Brickster

Brickster

I don't know if I would use it for a real mailbox. With the slanted louvers the mail will get wet when it rains. I also made one for Denise and she uses it for a bread box so that's always an option.

Brick

11. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Your shit ROCKS Brick! It's gonna look great no matter what the winner uses it for.

Heres mine that Brick made me a couple of years ago. I LOVE it and get so many compliments on it.
    [​IMG]

12. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

13. Retrorod

Retrorod

I'll jump in for a buck and a half $150. My mail box looks pretty plain and it never rains out here anyway. Get well Megan!

14. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

You didn't have to do this for me! I really don't know what to say, so I'll just say thanks! That mailbox is sweet!

15. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

damn, if I could win this, it means I wouldn't have to steal Denise's...

Too righ for my blood, but a short BTTT for a generous HAMBer and a great cause!

16. koolsville_daddyo

koolsville_daddyo

That mailbox is the kats ass! I am new to H.A.M.B, how does the bidding work? Are you willing to make more (if that's possible)? You may be onto something here, bud, I think you'd have an waesome market for those out there. Thanks, Koolsville_Daddyo

17. poop

poop

You shit rocks!!! I mean you shit rocks!!! Oh I really mean You shit ROcks....

Brickster that's that box is killer

Poop

18. Brickster

Brickster

The way the bidding works is you bid as much as you're willing to pay before the deadline and if it's more than anyone else you send the money to ChevyGirlRox and I'll send you the Mailbox.

I'm am not going to make another one. Believe it or not but it takes a while to do them so I can't just crank them out. Even if I did make another, it wouldn't look like either of the two I've already done.

Brick

19. JohnnyP.

JohnnyP.

man brick, that one turned out a lot better than the one i made while i was in wyotech. wish i had money to bid on this one. man it looks good.

20. bullicious

bullicious
    from NW

21. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

That mailbox is tight!

22. Brickster

Brickster

Wow, Thanks for all the bids. Just a few more days to go. I can't wait to see who ends up with it and who ever it is I really hope they enjoy it.

Brick

23. Bud

Bud
    from Orange, CA

24. Brickster

Brickster

About 24 hours to go. Thanks again for those who have already bid.

Brick

25. Brickster

Brickster

8 hours left and it looks like Bud might be the winner, unless there is a sniper waiting.

26. Brickster

Brickster

Bud you are the winner. Please PM me your shipping address and I'll get the mailbox boxed up and ready for when I get word that the payment arrived.

I really want to thank you guys for the nice words and for all the bids.

Brick

27. bullicious

bullicious
    from NW

Damn it...I was snoozin!! Congrats..Bud let me know if you want out and I will pay your bid price!

28. Bud

Bud
    from Orange, CA

Great! Thanks Brickster for the auction, you have PM. Megan, money is headed your way. Thanks for the offer Bull, sorry man, but I really wanted this one, hope you understand.:)