Register now to get rid of these ads!

It's a roller. More T sedan progress.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Johnny Sparkle, Aug 16, 2006.

1. Johnny Sparkle

Johnny Sparkle

That's right, Nick, I have actually worked on it.

I still need to make a panhard bar mount, and shock mounts for both front and rear. I remounted the ladder bar crossmember, and made new brackets for the axle that moved the mounting point down 3 inches.

I also C notched the frame in front for a bit more axle clearance, and boxed it in. My friend Paul helped me adapt my mystery spindles to the '36 Plymouth axle. When I say he helped, I mean he did all the work reaming the axle and bushings out while I stood around drinking all of his Pepsi. He also made the brass spacer for the spindle. Thanks again Paul, you're awesome.

I hope to throw the body on this weekend and start making the floor.

Attached Files:

2. alvin3a

alvin3a
    from Seattle

Sweeeeeeeeet front suspension:)

throw the body on and post more pic's..... Please

Alan

3. dude, its looking good. i still got a ways to go on my underslung to cathc up to you, i ripped a couple muscles in my back so i can do much or at least i'm not suppossed to! ha ha.

the more i look at my front axle the more i think i am gonna have to notch the frame too. wish i a round plymouth axle like yours so i wouldnt have to worry about narrowing my f-100 axle.

plus i'll have to notch the back also, since i am running another pair of front horns/rails backwards. so i guess you could say that my underlung is backwards and upside down! (sorry, bad joke!)

anyways, didnt mean to hi-jack your thread. its looking good and keep us posted on your progress.

ncg

4. Johnny Sparkle

Johnny Sparkle

The beautiful thing about the Plymouth axle is I can move the perches where I want. I just made the frame as wide as the cowl, and moved the perches to suit. Much easier. Can you narrow an F100 axle?

5. yup, you can narrow 'em. cant tell either, if its done right. just gotta make sure that the degrees/angles on the two sides match up with each other. and make sure its gusseted good, too. BobW? on here from MN has several hot rods that he did this way and he's been driving the one for 6 years and had no problems. seen and met him at back to the 50s up here in st. paul. real nice guy. he uses later model chevy van straight axles (i think), but its the same concept. if i go ahead and narrow it, i'm gonna need to whack out 4-5" from the middle.

ncg

6. sawzall

sawzall

John

cant wait to see the body on that chassis..
    smooth work on the notch.. I like the rear bag brackets and such as well.. in their current position I bet that they will be hidden from view from the rear..

totally dig the car.. please post pics soon

jeff

7. Johnny Sparkle

Johnny Sparkle

The bags should be completely tucked out of site. This way I can still have a cool,traditional looking car, and be able to pick up fat chicks too!

8. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Yeah, that looks awesome! I think my next build's gonna have an underslung front end like that. Looks like Santa's sleigh er something! Kickass!

9. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

Looking good!!!

10. Beemer

Beemer

That's lookin pretty sweet!

11. Plowboy

Plowboy

Congrats on workning on your car instead of trying to pick up orcabetties.

Looks good, and your bags look good too. Now, you aren't going to change your mind and undo all of that, are you?

12. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

Neat work. Keep us advised as you progress.

13. Johnny Sparkle

Johnny Sparkle

Have I ever struck you as the type of guy that changes his mind at the drop of a hat? I'm happy with what I have. For now. I ripped it all apart for a reason other than indecisiveness, thank you very much.

If you build it, the orcabetties will come................

14. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

That looks killer man. How many different engines have you had now? I feel like I'm getting competition for indecisiveness in the Indiana area. I'd hate to see you complete something and leave me all by myself in a pool of incongruous parts with no home. I'm dangerously close to having runner number two right now actually but it's still a monsterous piece of shit beyond the mechanicals. As soon as my new Hurst slicks arrive, I'll roll it out and take some pictures.

15. BZNEIL

BZNEIL

That thing looks coooool!

16. sodas38

sodas38

I've been waiting for updates on this build, looking good!

17. Plowboy

Plowboy

Hey you need a trailer. We are working on Mels car saturday night at my house putting a tranny tunnel in it. You should throw yours on a trailer and bring it up and we could work on the floor in yours too.

18. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

John! Your working on it! Well, you are being way more productive than I am. Its looking good.

Dude, if you bring it to aarons saturday, ill go. Count me in.

19. Plowboy

Plowboy

Nicky, you can come whether or not John comes. Mel will want to spoon, it has been a while for him.

20. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

You know I would love to, but it is hard justifying spending the gas money when I will only be able to see 2 of my sweethearts. Throw that extra one in there (john) and it all seems worth while.

21. Plowboy

Plowboy

Don't forget about Heath. I am sure he will have his pinky in one of our beltloops. Ha Ha Ha

Russ may even make an appearance, but of course, he isn't spoonable.

22. Johnny Sparkle

Johnny Sparkle

I just now read this, so I guess I won't be making it over this weekend. Oh well. I don't have a trailer anyway. I guess Nick will have to wait until the HAMB drags for some of my man hugs.

23. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

If you build it, the orcabetties will come................[/quote]

you spelled COME wrong:D :D

lookin good brudda!!!!:)

24. Johnny Sparkle

Johnny Sparkle

Bad day. I cut clearance for the axle, and I cut it off center. Then, I mocked up where my rear wheels will be when I have the adapter made for them. It doesn't look right. It sticks out way too much because these wheels have very little backspacing. Damn it. Now I'm pissed off and I don't want to look at it. I knew it was going to stick out more than I wanted, but I didn't think it would look this goofy.

I guess I'll just find new wheels with a different bolt pattern and backspacing. What the hell, it's just time and money down the hole, right?

F#*K!

Attached Files:

25. Outback

Outback
    from NE Vic

Mate this is one grouse bit of gear, It's been good to have a look at all this underslungness that's goin on,

Cheers

Outback

26. Johnny Sparkle

Johnny Sparkle

Umm.....thanks?

What the hell does "grouse" mean, anyway?

27. mazdaslam

mazdaslam

Dude,where are the mock-up pics with the 13:eek: wire wheels that you got at Hershey:D ?

28. LowFat48

LowFat48

looks great , what frame are you using ?

29. 52pickup

52pickup
    from Tucson, Az

how much space do you have between the front axle and the frame? I ask because I'm in the middle of mocking mine up, and want t osee how much others are leaving. Looks great by the way

30. Outback

Outback
    from NE Vic

Grouse it's an Aussie term (Originated in Melbourne) that means its the Duck's Guts, or that it's the Cat's Whiskers, umm

It's really kool man,

after readin this and some other posts, I'm having to think about Scrub line.....

Cheers

Outback