Register now to get rid of these ads!

'Ol Parts Mining Co. ...WTF?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HotRod28AR, Jul 25, 2006.

1. I ordered about a half dozen vintage stickers and three old metal signs (totaled around $175) over four months ago. Last email I got from them said they were shipped. Now they wont even respond to any emails. I emailed them under a different address and asked about some Flathead part just to see if they were there, and sure enough he emailed right back. Doesn't want to talk to the guy he scammed though. Anyone else have problems here?
    -Dean

2. Well I just read some other HAMB'ers experiences with this guy...now I'm pissed ;)
    -Dean

3. 31ACoupe

31ACoupe

This guy is an asshole! He has screwed a lot of people and keeps turning up on other sites trying to act all helpful and dishing out information and parts. Don't trust this clown for nothing. He burned me a year or more ago on a small purchase, it wasn't the money, it was his attitude, like I am going to fuck you over and if you don't like it tough shit. I think he is nuts. People need to shine a light on this rat.

31acoupe:mad:

4. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston

I recall this dude. I want to say he was a member on here and got banned. But I can't come up with the name he used. But it was Parts Mine, or Old Parts mine, and he had the little dude with a spelunker hemlet and pickaxe as his Avatar. I thought he got banded for ruipping people off or maybe just spamming. But alot of the guys on the board knew who he was the second he posted and flamed his ass out of here if he didn't get band.

5. MonsterMaker

MonsterMaker

Not that I have had any experience with this guy, but my recollection was he has ripped off quite a few people here as well as on Ebay....and is one of those that keeps changing his name/info....

6. Isn't this the assclown who sold signs as gennie antiques when they were just new ones left out in the rain??? Same goes for the 'vintage' stickers. I thought someone on here tapped him up a while ago............

7. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston

8. flatheadhero

flatheadhero
    from California

Sorry to say, but your 175 is most likely gone. This fartblossom has ripped countless guys off on this furum, as well as many other forums and Ebay. From stickers all the way to complete cars. Same story, parts never come, emails never get answered, but he does answer any new emails...Why nobody has shown up at his door and given him a "tuneup" is beyond me. You are not alone, and all this shit will catch up with him when he finally pisses off the wrong guy.:mad:

9. where does he live? any hambers near there that want to drop by and say HI!!!

10. Redneck Smooth

Redneck Smooth
    from Cincinnati

I thought he used to post his location as Kentucky? the only reason I knew that was I liked one of his signs and wondered if he'd be at the Nats in L-Ville...

11. AZAV8

AZAV8
    from Tucson, AZ

Is this the guy you are looking for?

http://www.olpartsmine.com/

He has posted on Ford Truck Enthusiasts forum also. He is supposed to live in Scottsdale or North Phoenix if I remember the FTE posts correctly. He claims to be going to open a shop up "soon" up there somewhere. No news on that yet.

I've never done business with this guy before so I can't speak from experience. I will be leery of him for sure now.

12. JAMES G SHRYNE Born 1960
    10301 MAYBROOK AVE
    WHITTIER, CA 90603

Already posted this once...

13. tooslow54

tooslow54

hmmm, that can't be too far from me...anyone else local want to go have a look see? :cool:

14. So this is the douchebag's name eh? Lets see if I can can trace his phone number out'a this. The least I can do is rip into him on the phone. That just pisses me off. We're all out here workin' and trying our best, and he just freakin' steals your money! I'll let y'all know if I get anywhere...
    -Dean

15. I do belive this is it...(562) 903-1979...and he said he didn't have a phone :D
    -Dean

16. dirthawker1313

dirthawker1313

this guy has been floating around MSN group 1932-1953 fords also. what an assbag.. ive heard more bad stories about this guy between here and fordbarn.com

17. Hotrob

Hotrob
    from DFW, TX

Yea he is a tool. I did order from him and eventually did get my "vintage stickers" they were printed using a home printer on some label type paper. worthless!

Hotrob

18. dmarv

dmarv
    Alliance Vendor
    from Exeter, CA

I contacted this guy about my Offenhauser distributor lead plates for Flathead Fords because he "sold" flathead parts. He said he was interested in being a dealer, but never placed an order. I looked at his website and I see he has them listed for sale even though he doesn't have one. He then contacted me and asked if I was interested in "donating" a lead plate for some flathead get together. I asked him how many people were going to be at the event, when, and where it was. He emailed me and I didn't get a warm and fuzzy feeling from him. After that, I told him that if he purchased 2 plates for resale, I'd throw in a 3rd for the flathead get together, he declined. I figured the SOB was trying to get a free lead plate, now I know he was! F^&% him and the horse he rode in on.

Dan Marvin, Owner
    Exeter Auto Supply

19. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

I was under the understanding that this asshole's names is Nate Cooper from Scottsdale, Arizona.......he ripped off my timing tag designs and was selling them off his web site (or trying to for almost $10 more than I sell them for!) He's an asswipe of the first order and just loves to steal artwork, design, and anything else he can purloin and then try to pass it off as his own..........whe he's questioned as I did and some other friends did, he plays dumb and gets all apologetic.........and turns aroiund and goes right on doing his little ripoff games........he ripped off artwork from my friend, Don Pennington, and made decals from them......Don got his lawyer after the schmuck!

He's not on eBay anymore, but he says it's because he has *outgrown* his little eBay business and now wishes to be a *real* business in Scottsdale....

I wish there were some guys from the HAMB in Scottsdale who could go check his ass out.......somebody suggested a *New York Tuneup* for him........I can think of a lot worse that he deserves.......fuckin' jerkoff!

Brucie, the Timing Tag Guy

20. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

Just checked Switchboard online and I found this:

Cooper, Nathan
    7930 E Camelback Rd,
    Scottsdale, AZ 85251-2663
    (480) 949-0370

Anybody near him to check it out?

Brucie

21. StrickV8

StrickV8

There's also a guy associated with Ol' Parts Mine named "Nate" from Arizona that has been run off the EFV8 club website.

22. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Nathan Cooper, typical bastard.

23. Grumpy

Grumpy
    from NE Ohio

Was this the same guys/guys who ripped off artwork that had something to do with KIRK! ? I think I remember KIRK! being pissed.

Time for a HAMB ass-whoopin"

24. Wasahawaiianrat

Wasahawaiianrat

so this guy is on our sinners arizona board too......might have to knock on this guy's door?! only 10 minutes away from me

25. uncle max

uncle max
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

He approached me as well to provide him with rebuilt carbs. Next thing I know, he's done up a huge take on the pictures I sent him and put them on his web page. Then, he's got the bollocks to ask for a freebie carb to use as a donation in a raffle to *promote exposure* for his wares or some shit. Yeah, right. . . Silly me, was ready to do it and he wouldn't step-up to pay the 10 bucks shipping. Guess I'm one of the lucky ones. Never bought from or sold him anything. Never will. . . I've been told by Clive, of Stromberg Ltd in England that he needs to cease and desist using the Stromberg name on decals, t-shirts etc.

26. I just emailed him about some parts. lets see if the cock sucker responds I'll bate him and get his address. I HATE!!! guy's like this. I got burned by a so called friend on a paint job. I finished the job and he wanted to just take it to a local show and show it off. next thing I know he skips town and leaves me out to dry for 2500. some friend huh?? These f#$kers need to be thrown on the ground and stand on there f@$ken neck and punch em' in the balls untill they cough up the cash!!! if he was near me... I'd get your money back for you bro!

27. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Where is Rambo when we need him?

28. Roadsters.com

Roadsters.com

Well this is just great.

Now what the hell am I supposed to do with the Ol' Parts Mining Company tattoo on my ankle?

Dave
    http://www.roadsters.com/

29. Harms Way

Harms Way

If he is recieving money/checks by mail,.. can you turn him into the Post Master General for a case of Mail Fraud ?

30. RustyRedRam

RustyRedRam

If this guy is in Whittier, I'll join the lynch mob. Ahh nothing like an angry mob.

RRR