Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tall T's?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Slimegreeeeeen, Jul 9, 2006.

1. :confused: Too tall for a heavily chopped T. Damn Wheaties. Throw a 6'5" Sasquatch a bone, bros. Post shots of tall T rods. Channeled? Great. Z'd? Cool.
    Tall enough for a 250lb goober to fit in? Am I dreaming?

2. borndead327

borndead327

good luck fittin in an tcoupe

3. BenD

BenD
    Alliance Member

I'm 6' 180lbs. and it's pretty tight. Channeled a bunch but I left a footwell on each side that helps alot.

Attached Files:

4. That's the nice thing about a Sedan- ya just keep moving the seat back until you have the room you need/want. If you take up all the room for the passenger, then you just don't have passengers...

5. I'm 6'2" tall and really like the look of Model Ts. But the only one I have a hope of fitting in is a two door sedan. So that is what I am building. I've mocked up a seat and with the body on the frame it looks like I can take about 5" off the top. Roof top will be centered on my shoulder. Not as low as some would go. But just fine for me and the drummer I march to.

Attached Files:

6. JohnJoyo

JohnJoyo
    Alliance Vendor
    from Austin, TX

26-27 T-coupe? Channeled, no problem. Come sit in Mercury Charlies at the South Austin Speed Shop. Normally he'd let you drive it, but the trans went out and is not in it right now. You can come down for a test fit though. You shouldn't have a problem fitting height or girth....His is channeled, it'll give you a great idea about how much you could get away with if you were to chop it. Those coupes are bad ass because they have so much room....
    -John Joyo...

7. Stone

Stone

Any pics of it?

8. JohnJoyo

JohnJoyo
    Alliance Vendor
    from Austin, TX

I was trying to pull one off our website but I can't....go to
    www.southaustinspeedshop.com
    look at the 1926 Model T coupe in the gallery section...there are a few pics of it there. Charlie is riding a bicycle to work right now since his transmission is out...:D I also own a bicycle shop and he is always making fun of cyclists, so I take great pleasure in this.

9. Steve M

Steve M

Just strech the darn thing out. The owner of this '26 T has created a Vicky out of a coupe. The owner stands over 6 feet tall and is no lightweight.

[​IMG]

10. Beemer

Beemer

11. JamesG

JamesG

My two favorites...............

Attached Files:

12. DuckusCrapus

DuckusCrapus

13. VA HAMB

VA HAMB

Here's mine
    Im 6-4 200 lbs. Chpped about 5 inches. Just took out my buckets andinstalled a model A bench. Pushed it back as far as I could. Plenty of leg room now.

Attached Files:

14. SlamCouver

SlamCouver
    from Brazil, IL

Im 6'5 and 200 chopped my T-Coup 6 inches i had to put the front seat back farther and wood roof im building >... Gives me 1 Inch to roof... hope i never roll it.

i ment i had to arch the wood roof that im building!

15. Uncle Jess

Uncle Jess
    from Western Ny

You can make it work.I'm 5'7 and really built my car to fit me but could have made it fit anyone. I hate automatics but you might need to run one to save room for your pedals.I run a muncie 4 spd but again I wear a size 9 shoe.
    I also bulit mine so there is quite a bit of room for the passenger so my wife wouldnt mind traveling with me.I also could have skipped the storage behind me and moved my seats back another 10 inches but I really didnt need it.My brother inlaw is 6'4 and he rode 4.5 hrs in it with me to a bachelor party?
    If your not going to chop it than you wont have any problem fitting as long as you build it right. Good luck. Jesse

Attached Files:

16. Here's mine.. channeled 6" with no chop... my brother-in-law's around 6'2 and can drive it no problem...
    [​IMG]

17. Ahh, now we're getting somewhere. Thanks for the tip, Confede Rat.
    Dig the car BTW.

18. Thanks for the input Jesse, good to know. I'd already assumed I'd need an automatic, so no problem there. And yes, my size 14a need all the help they can get. Bet that was a hoot pulling up in that at a batch party. Did anyone notice the stripper?

19. HOT40ROD

HOT40ROD
    from Easton, Pa

I am 6'1" and I got may Model T cab cut down to a 6 inch windshield. i can still channel the body over the frame about 3" if i want. I think i am going to keep it on top of the frame. If i channel it it will bring the roof within 2 inches from my head. The way it is now I have about 5" above my head.

20. steevil

steevil

21. Rodwerkz. Your car is tits. I'm so jealous. I'd love to build the same dimensions without lifting your look. Thanks for the huge jolt of inspiration! Your rig rules! PM me if you'de ever consider a sale. I won't hold my breath.
    But I can dream, right?

22. JohnnyAngel

JohnnyAngel
    from Missouri

Not too Tall T, with kool paint job shot at Starbirds several years ago

Attached Files:

23. haha, no sale at this time man.. still having to much fun with it... I actually got alot of my inspiration from mercury charlie so there is no harm in "borrowing" some of my ideas. Let me know if you need any advice or info from my build.. i'd be glad to help..

24. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Stolen from the vintage shots thread:
    [​IMG]

Deuces likes this.