Register now to get rid of these ads!

1938 Zephyr Build!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by studhud, Jul 5, 2006.

1. studhud

studhud

All right thought I would post some pics of the current project in the barn for those who are interested. And probably open myself to good ole hambe criticism? The zephyr is gettin' slammed to the frame on hydraulics so far the back is lowered 14.5 inches. Next will be a t-5 trany behind the v-12 lincoln! and independent fron supsension. The straight axle just wont get it as low as I want so updating it is! Dave

Attached Files:

2. attitudor

attitudor
    from Finland

3. Chrome Shop Mafia

Chrome Shop Mafia

love zephyrs, great car!!!

4. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

awesome. keep us posted.

5. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

6. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Looking good so far. Is the 4-link something you built, or is it a kit from some where? And what are you going to run for the front suspension?
    Nice job and keep us posted.
    LSM

7. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

Got more pics of the body?

8. mustangsix

mustangsix

Does this one have that beautiful Zephyr art deco dashboard?

9. looks great dave i am giving up on cars though i am selling off everything cheap

10. SquashThatFly

SquashThatFly

gotta love juice!

11. rstysht

rstysht
    BANNED

Nice build,It takes balls that "clink" to cut a zephyr coupe!!!! Barrett Jackson gold chainers will drizzle shit down both legs when they see it!!!!Hell I would do the same thing,lowering it,The 5 speed,But it will be hell to improve on the body lines of that car.

12. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

very nice...i love Zephyrs..

13. louvers

louvers
    from alameda,ca

Ah yes, the infamous Zephyr of yesteryear. Great start, I'm sure you'll please
    all of us with the pictures, when you are finished won't you ? I remember well
    watching those great looking cars passing me on the road and wanting a ride
    in one. Never happened though. Keep up the great start. Carlos

14. studhud

studhud

The rear 4 link is an art morrison kit I have used others in the past but the morrison parts in my opinion are the best as they fit killer with very little grinding to make em' perfect. I am using an art morrison air spring front crossmember kit but am cutting all the air ride stuff off to install the cylinders over a small spring I will post pics as I get it together Thanks Dave

15. studhud

studhud

Amen brother!!! Whats the joke Bags are for ?s

16. Excellent, love those Zephyrs

17. studhud

studhud

F the old floors! In with some new metal.

Attached Files:

18. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Can't wait to see a full pic of this buildup out in the sun all laid out!!!

19. sodas38

sodas38

Great build, love seeing Zephyrs. Did you make your own sheetmetal or did you buy aftermarket for the floor?

20. studhud

studhud

Making my own as the motor and tranny will be raised about an inch and a half and the tunnel for the drive shaft will be taller. The t5 will need a new cover a little larger than than the LZ one. All the crossmembers are getiing changed to 2x4 tube as one of them hangs down below the frame rails and the rest of the frame gets boxed. LTR Dave

21. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

Just came across the pictures of your car and was blown away. I just picked up a 37 Zephyr that the owner before me butchered by cutting the top off. I was lucky to have the car registered in California as a Convert. Got a long ways to go but I plan to follow in your footsteps with the bags and custom chassis work. I was considering starting fresh with an Art Morrison chassis. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

22. Plowboy

Plowboy

Zephyrs are one of my all time favorites. I would love to find one reasonably priced. Fat chance. Ha Ha Ha

23. Nice, I missed this before. Keep us updated.

24. buschandbusch

buschandbusch
    from Reno, NV

yeah, tell me about it, I've been looking for one for 10 years- saw one back in high school at a recycler on old 4th street here in Reno- complete, very little rust, forest green, original interior and engine. The owner was mad we were standing at the fence and checking it out, told us it wasn't for sale. Came back 6 months later it was gone :(

25. studhud

studhud

Art morrison chassis would be cool they have already done one so its their computer but it wasnt designed to got to the ground though they could change it. Also the body is welded to the frame keep in touch Ltr Dave

26. studhud

studhud

I also looked since about 98 or 99 when Henry Diaz went to billet proof in Alemda with his 37 Ive looked at about 10 cars since then I found mine by word of mouth and it was a good deal relativly speaking 32-34 fords seem to sell for more money and to me the zephyr is way more stylish and definatly more rare! Keep looking they seem to be popping up more now as the old guys are literally dying off! Sad but true LTR Dave

27. Janne

Janne

Here is one concept I did couple years ago:

Attached Files:

28. Vic

Vic
    from Florida

We have a '39 Zephyr Convertible Club Coupe. According to the Lincoln Zephyr Owners Club, ours is one of only 16 known to exist. Because of that, I'll be restoring this one as original. I’d sure like to find a coupe to build as a rod. Beautiful job you’re doing.

29. Carb-Otto

Carb-Otto
    from FINkLAND

Got '39 Zephyr dash on works, but it will not be bolted on Lincoln.
    Been cleaning it with citric acid during weekend. Pics coming soon... but I'd need good pic of one which might have gauges also. Didn't find from web.
    Now when all Zephyr-freaks have been gathering under this thread, maybe someone could help?