Register now to get rid of these ads!

How many hemi DRIVERS are there on the H.A.M.B.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by desoto, Jul 5, 2006.

1. Well, there's a lot of us that have a hemi or two in one state or the other ( have too many to count and, quite frankly, I don't have the time to go out and dig through the pile to find out how many I do, actually, own. I'm sure there are a lot of other folks who have a few stashed away but.........., how many HAMBers are actually DRIVING hemi powered cars?

I've been driving this one for 40+ years. Let's see the others.

[​IMG]

2. Been on the street with the coupe about four years now. Had an unrebuilt industrial for the first few months. Then did an "economy" rebuild. Wish I had waited till I had the $$$ to do it right. Oh well.

Not afraid to take trips but haven't been on to many long ones. Not because of the engine. She runs out fine. The seat I just replaced was the reason for few long trips. It was a torture device! Just changed it so I'm ready for the road now! Day of the Drags a couple of years ago was the longest at 9 hours+.

Gotta say, as I was getting into the hemi thing, Skip was pretty much my sole source of hemi wisdom. When he talks, listen.

Attached Files:

3. HemiRambler

HemiRambler

I have 3 hemi drivers, but admittedly don't get the 3rd one out very much anymore - but I'm trying to rectify that. Soon I plan on making that four.

I plan on using the '47 to tow the "new" hemi ride with - It's been a long time coming.

Attached Files:

4. krooser

krooser

My '56 F-100 will be ready sometime this summer.....354/4 speed....

5. old kid

old kid
    Member Emeritus
    from middle ga

this one has been on the road for about 8 or 9 years.
    dan

Attached Files:

6. demonspeed

demonspeed

so who's going to be the first person to post a pic of their "hemi" magnum,300c, or ram pickup d.d.?

7. I have a 354 in my chopped 40 merc coupe, and it gets used as much as possible.Picture on my thread, chopped canadian 40 meerc coupe

8. QQMOON

QQMOON

Just one and a few on the shelf

[​IMG]

9. 4tford

4tford

Here's mine.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
  10. George

George

Check my avatar! Been driving it w a '55 331 for apx. 5-6 yrs! (Olds 455 for 8 yrs before that!)

11. Hyfire

Hyfire

QQMOON! WOW!!! Now that is a shot!

Helluva Coupe!

Hyfire

12. Andy

Andy

Been on the road since 91. 241 Red Ram

Attached Files:

13. hemi rodder

hemi rodder
    from NB Canada

i kno this is an old thread, let's see how many more now, i will start with my 30 roadster 331(soon to be 10 c/r isky 354) dragster 8x2, actualy it is Desoto and his car that i seen at a canadian car show many years ago that is reponsible for getting me interested in this, before i was mainly into muscle cars.

Attached Files:

14. silent rick

silent rick

i'll play along for the new hemi owner on the board.

had this on the road for around 8 years now. 291 firedome

[​IMG]

15. hotrod-steve

hotrod-steve
    from canada

I recognize your car from years ago-magazines-Canadian streetrod nationals? Your car influenced me. You have to look at my album to see.Is your name Skip?

16. Fitzworld

Fitzworld

I have had mine in my 41 Ford Tudor Special Deluxe since 1962. The hemi is 1953 Chrysler long bell-housing with an Offenhauser adapter to a 39 Ford trans filled with mostly 62 Ford pickup gears. The rear end is still the original.

17. hallrods

hallrods

Only drove it once after I bought it needed fixing bad hope to drive it next summer.

Attached Files:

18. ago

ago
    from pgh. pa.

I bought a Tee shirt off the originator of the forum (Desoto) at Louisville.

Here's mine.

Ago

19. Last Hoorah

Last Hoorah

My friend and I just got our Hemi powered A's on the road this year. Mine is on the left.

[​IMG]

20. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Been driving a 354 powered car for the last 7 years.

21. This is mine. 354 Industrial with 3 97's

22. Let me try this again. My Feuce with 354 Industrial and 3 97's Smooth and sweet!

Attached Files:

23. I have had this one since the late '90s, rebuilding things slowly, but always keeping it as a driver.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    new rebuild 392 in '06-'07. ...holding on to the old 392 for my next project.

24. Nice coupes! Just curious... is that a Hemi grind cam you used for a Spreader Bar? :D

25. ManiacT

ManiacT

Has a 1956 DeSoto 330 [​IMG]

26. 331 backed with a Chryser 4 speed. It runs pretty good. :D

Attached Files:

27. HHH

HHH

[​IMG]
    32 roadster with 241 Hemi

28. Last Hoorah

Last Hoorah

Wouldn't want to waste a good Hemi cam core. Used a Ford cam I had laying around.Was good until I cut it to fit.

29. tedbrine

tedbrine

Pretty much all I've ever had! I recently bought back my first one (after 42 yrs). Story is in Mopar Muscle (July 12) and will be a feature article there in Feb 13, 2013 (comes out in late Nov 12). It's a 69 hemi Road Runner I ordered, street raced and then drag raced as a B/MP. Back on road now with me - after all the yrs. Was feature car at Woodward Dream Cruise and Mopar Nationals and will be a Bruce Larson's event on Nov. 10 in Harrisburg, PA. Also drove an A/fueler and built/ran a 34 AA/FC - looking for that one now. Along the way, had a 64 hemi Savoy (original - sold it - mistake!), and a 68 Hemi SS/A Barracuda (also original and, another mistake).

Attached Files:

30. 36DodgeRam

36DodgeRam

I've had mine on the road about a year now.

Attached Files: