Register now to get rid of these ads!

Setting the valve lash on a 235

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Colonel Ingus, May 28, 2006.

1. I really thought I read this here on the HAMB and searched a long time to find it but with no luck. Then I spotted it on stovebolt.com. I'm copying the information from this website onto here because of how valuable the information was for me. I aways had hell setting the lash until I read this and now it takes less than 5 minutes and instantly, perfect lash.

Before the motor was run for the first time, I set the lash at 11 and 21, which is 5 more than the minimum to allow for 3-5 of expansion when the motor was warmed for 30min. After running it for a half hour I checked it and didnt have to adjust another one at all, it was right on and that was the first try and before the motor was ever ran.

Here's the info from stovebolt.com, I hope it helps someone else as well.

2. TERPU

TERPU

Hey great tip- the timing is great as well. I'm going to set mine today, they were noisy on the way back from Paso.

Thanks, Tim

3. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO