Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tech: installing carbs on your nailhead

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TxRat, May 24, 2006.

1. TxRat

TxRat

got a day off this week and decided to install the carbs on my Nailhead. My son decided he could do a better job so here's his contribution to the tech articles here...

We went to the hardware store and he loaded the bag up with the necessary hardware we needed for the job. we home and went to work...

heres the pics of him getting it done.

he installed all the studs dropped the 97's on the manifold and bolted everything down...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Done...

I know there is a thread on what you did with your kids on here now but he came to me and asked if he could work on the truck so I had to post it up...

School is out this week for summer and the grades and attendance is complete for the year so I asked his teacher if we could play hookie today.

He made the A/B honor roll and completed nearly 100 books in the A/R (advanced reader Program). He got a pile of awards for his grades. excels in math... Im a proud Papa....

2. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston

You should be! Thats so cool. The trucks coming along, huh?

3. Hey congrats on your boy doing so well this year! I'm a 5th grade teacher and we just finished giving out our end of year award this morning. Wow! 100 AR books is a huge accomplishment. I hope his school gives out prizes like we do. Some of our boys got DUBcity cars and rods for their prizes. Wish they did that when I was in school!! :( Where do you live? Shawn

4. TxRat

TxRat

I tell him what you said.

we live in beaumont. He got a free Pass to Fiesta Texas, a certificate from the state and some other cool stuff for it. He never stops reading which we think is awesome....

we give alot of credit to the school as it is one of the only schools recognized in our town...

5. Rusty

Rusty

Too Cool!! Now get that truck running. The countdown to the Roundup is drawing near again.

6. TxRat

TxRat

Im trying Im trying... :D

7. TxRat

TxRat

8. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Shane, those pics of your son are perfect!
    Enjoy the special times, they grow up soooo fast!!
    Keith

9. That's really cool - you know you are teaching him a bad habbit - all those carbs and all. He'll never break it. :D

10. TxRat

TxRat

Keith, you are so right. We got absolutely nothing accomplished yesterday but it was the MOST satisfying day I have had in the shop.....

11. Dirty2

Dirty2

Looking mighty fine. Thumbs up on for being great parents.

12. TxRat

TxRat

same to you... :)

13. Frizby

Frizby
    from Cisco, Il

Are you just running four with blockoff plates, or six. I too am wanting to run the same setup, but don't want to run just the center two, seems like it would be a waste of motor, but I guess it's just like a four barrell.

14. TxRat

TxRat

I'm going to run 6 of them but at $150 to $250 for cores its a bit slow going :D

2 of them will be blocked off...

15. shane, you're raising that boy right!!!
    truck is lookin awesome, and congrats to the boy for his achievements!

16. TxRat

TxRat

Thanks Matt.

He makes it easy. He really is a good kid. I just hope he is as good when he is a rebellious teenager...

17. BlackFlag

BlackFlag

Looks like its time to start buying him Tex Smith books, How-to's, and Technical Manuals. Then sit back and watch. Cool to see kids getting into cars at that age. Wish my little sister was into cars more than her stoopid ponies...

18. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member