Register now to get rid of these ads!

Jalopy Showdown pix- post 'em here

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Just Gary, May 20, 2006.

1. Beautiful day and some nice cars. Here are a few. Can you tell I'm paying a lot of attention to prewar Tudors:

Attached Files:

2. Got to meet Denise and sample one of her world-famous cookies.
    I think she set a record for most laps as a driver/passenger...

Attached Files:

3. Prolly the two coolest cars there...:D

Attached Files:

4. long island vic

long island vic

isn,t denise about the nicest person that you could meet strictly top self

5. Olson

Olson

Good grief I have got to get there next time...that looks like so much friggin' fun!

Olson

6. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

She and Roadstar were First Class people! Enjoyed the hell out of meeting them both!!

here's a few pics....

Brucie

Attached Files:

7. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

A few more.....

CB

Attached Files:

8. terrarodder

terrarodder
    from EASTERN PA

One of the greats shows around, if you haven't been there yet, get there next year,you wouldn't be sorry.

9. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

Coupla mo'

Attached Files:

10. metalhotrodgirl

metalhotrodgirl

another kick ass year for the showdown ,nice day the wind sucked ass for pinstriping got to meet people and see familar faces thanks to larry for puttin on this show it was awsome i have tons of pictures i wish i knew how to do the thumbnails but i dont . so heres pics from the show
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    They came from TEXAS lol
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. CoalTownKid

CoalTownKid

About the bottom photo of the black sedan with the red scallops..... I did the artwork that you saw there on their poster and flyers.
    ©JS 2006

Also, the other black sedan in suede, with the kick ass Chrysler Hemi,...VERY COOL DUDES from CT. We met them on the way down, just by chance, we stopped for gas before we got on the road, and their sedan pulls in. We got to talking and they asked if they could run with us to the show,....Great guys, awsome car,...it went like a fireball on the highway,...some of us were running stockers from the 40's-50s,...but he had to let it out now and then, and DAMN did it burn up the blacktop!:eek:

I'll post some pics we took also,....hey, to Larry and all the others who made this year's show possible,....THANK YOU!!!!!!!! It was the best car show I've been to in a LOOOONG time! I had a BLAST!:D

Jason

PS.
    Hey if anyone has any pics of the Primered GMC pickup sloshing through the mud around the turns, can ya post em? That was me and my wife's camera skills went out the window when i came around the track!!,...LOL!

12. Automotive Stud

Automotive Stud

Looks like a great time, sorry I missed it. Next year me and cuznbrucie will convoy!

13. repoman

repoman

What a blast!

Larry and crew, thanks for producing the most kick-ass event I have ever seen!

I didn't sleep Friday night. I was in the garage all night putting my pickup together. Thanks to Mike 47 for helping me bolt my fender on -on the way there!

I fell in love with this car. I could have stared at it going around that track all day long.
    [​IMG]

Here's the line for the track.
    [​IMG]

Shot from my bed on flt-blk's mill.
    [​IMG]

Another of that 3-window.
    [​IMG]

After this I made a dash for the track. Sorry to the folks near turn three when I came through :D :D

Skate Fink, Flt-Blk, nice to meet you. Denise, thanks for the cookies, now I understand what all the fuss is about :)

I don't have any track pictures, but Mike should be along soon with some great shots.

14. repoman

repoman

Hey, that was ME! :D

OK, I was in red/black primer, the stepside. I think CoalTown, you had the grey wideside??

15. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

I also woulr like to thank Larry for the great show. I met a few new HAMBers and talked to some that I knew. A lot of nice cars and seemed like a much better turnout than last year. Here are some pics. I had to resize them down a bunch, sorry if the quality is off.

Attached Files:

• js1.jpg
      js1.jpg
      File size:
      81.6 KB
      Views:
    • js2.jpg
      js2.jpg
      File size:
      79.9 KB
      Views:
    • js4.jpg
      js4.jpg
      File size:
      82.9 KB
      Views:
    • js3.jpg
      js3.jpg
      File size:
      82 KB
      Views:
    • js5.jpg
      js5.jpg
      File size:
      82.1 KB
      Views:
    • js6.jpg
      js6.jpg
      File size:
      82.9 KB
      Views:
    • js7.jpg
      js7.jpg
      File size:
      80.2 KB
      Views:
    • js8.jpg
      js8.jpg
      File size:
      80.3 KB
      Views:
    • js9.jpg
      js9.jpg
      File size:
      80.7 KB
      Views:
    • js10.jpg
      js10.jpg
      File size:
      82.1 KB
      Views:
    • js11.jpg
      js11.jpg
      File size:
      82.2 KB
      Views:
    • js15.jpg
      js15.jpg
      File size:
      82.2 KB
      Views:
  16. J Man

J Man
    from Angola, IN

Here are the ones that everyone likes to see. I will have the b&w pics in a week or two.

Attached Files:

17. gearhead55

gearhead55
    from philly

yes indeed what a great show. me and the other douchebag deadbeaters got there late but i still got to beat the hell outta tha battleship cadillac around the track!!! heres a few pics i got....

Attached Files:

18. metalhotrodgirl

metalhotrodgirl

19. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Damm it...

I wish I could of made it,,,, Ow well next year.

20. metalhotrodgirl

metalhotrodgirl

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    pinstriping in the wind sucked
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    mud pie anyone?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    its camouflaged in with the track
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ok i'm done .. sorry about not having them in thumbnails. i have more but there all artsy shots . and then i have 2 rolls i have to get developed.

21. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

What an awsome show. Thanks to Scarry Larry and the rest of the crew for putting this show on. The Racing museum was cool too. They had at least FOUR Offy engines!!! I tried to put one under my coat, but you could tell......

22. myke

myke
    from SoCal

23. Dirty2

Dirty2

Looks like this is another show that is going to be on our lists of must do !!!

24. Cools pics! It sucks that I missed it! I was on my way up from B-more with my 2yr old son. He got car sick a couple times which messed up both of his shirts and jeans so I ended up turning back home after going through York, PA.:(

He really loves cars, too and would have had fun, but I've learned that next time i'll take hime to the local shows and hope to make it to the showdown on my own next time:D

PICS: I had to pull over on I-83 South to clean him and the car, and here he is still munching away on his Bugles!

Attached Files:

25. Kustom Chief

Kustom Chief

Had a great time. I made it there and back with no problems. Didn't get as much done to the car that I would have liked so I didn't put a for sale sign in the car but what a blast. I think that this show is going to be bigger that Road Agents and possibly the show on the east. At least it has the potential. I suppose it depends on how strict they want to be with cars and how big they want to grow. Larry

26. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

ya can say that again!....next year!

27. InjectorTim

InjectorTim

It was a great show. Thanks Scarry Larry!

28. kooldeuce

kooldeuce

Hey Jason,
    Mike from Ct,(with the hemi sedan).Dude,I didn't know you were a hamber!!!!! We had a super blast ride in with ya!!! I'm glad we got off that exit for gas !............. We got off most exits for gas:D

We ended up not going to Hershey Sunday.We didn't get a room either.We went home after the show for a another five + hour road trip.Ran in to a lot of rods heading home!!!!Had fun with hamber flatdog from NJ running a blown flattie in a coupe:eek: That car moves too!!

Took pictures of all of them. My brother got pics of you and your co-pilot wipping around the track getting mudded up!!That was awsome!!!!I'll try to post them,or mail you a set.I'm not to good with the computer picture stuff.I'll see if my wife could try it.

Stay in touch bro,I had a blast!!Tell Ace,Jason, Mike+ Mike and the Lincoln kid too.

29. fatabone

fatabone

What are you talking about?

I found him in the swap meet and we checked out some cars. I don't think he was feeling good all he did was hang in the camper for the rest of the weekend.

This is a great show!

Attached Files:

30. caffeine

caffeine
    from Central NJ

[​IMG]
    fatty patty

clark had an accident..

[​IMG]