Register now to get rid of these ads!

HAMB Slots 'O' Fun!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wingnutz, Feb 28, 2004.

1. Just got back from Illinois..., locked the front door..., Oh Boy...!!

Had a "Super" Good time slot car racing...! [​IMG]

Great variety of cars from Magnets "Slow winged thing"..., Bobbleeds major Airtime high flying Shoebox, Max wedges sedan and his mini cooper (or was that a Crosley?)! Junkyard dogs Wheelstander, Mr Exotica's Awesome collection of "Very Serious" racecars! Joe's cool 41 Willy's with scale pinstriping! [​IMG]

I didn't do to bad..., except for the fact my car liked laying on it's back and having it's tummy rubbed!!! [​IMG] It kicked ass in the drags and loved the outside lane on the road course for some Major gaurd rail handling! [​IMG]

Thanks to all who attended and sorry Greg and the other corner guys who got thier hands smashed hands while getting my pig off its back!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Scallop53 brought his son Cole with him (Pro-Driver..., [​IMG] I tried hiring him to race on my team) "Too Pricey"!!!!!

The weather outside was perfect so Nummnuts and Continental John brought thier 32 Sedans and parked them in front of "Dads", Max Wedge and Bobbled arrived in the "Eddie Munster Caddy" Mr Exotica brought his car as well..., so we had our own little show going on!

Hope the pictures turn out...! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Johny Ace..., Thanks for the poster and Mike Zenor for the "Bowling trophy" [​IMG]!!!

Mark

2. Hellfish

Hellfish

Thanks for organizing this Mike Zenor and thanks for the poster Johnny!!!

Attached Files:

3. Hellfish

Hellfish

More of Continental John and Numnuts sedans.. not pictured is Mr Exotica's 56 Ford

Attached Files:

4. Hellfish

Hellfish

the lineup

Attached Files:

wingnutz likes this.

5. Hellfish

Hellfish

more

Attached Files:

6. Hellfish

Hellfish

my Willys dubbed "Gives Me The Willys". I stayed up til 4am working on it... like a real car... and it broke down ... like a real car!

Attached Files:

7. Hellfish

Hellfish

Dad's Slot Cars' Official Fair Way to Start a Slot Car Race (tm)

Attached Files:

8. Hellfish

Hellfish

JunkyardDog's homebuilt death rod... it won best car and Most Spectacular Wreck because it lost the most pieces!

Attached Files:

9. Hellfish

Hellfish

HAMBers. Not shown are Numnut, the Official HAMB Slot Cars of Doom Cameraman (tm), Bobbleed, Sparky, Greg, and Scallop52(?) (did I miss anyone?)

Attached Files:

10. Hellfish

Hellfish

and the race!

Attached Files:

11. Hellfish

Hellfish

DOOM!

Attached Files:

12. Hellfish

Hellfish

more!

Attached Files:

13. Hellfish

Hellfish

surprisingly, there was no Slot Car Girl, no Queen of the Slots, no Hottie of the Track...

Attached Files:

14. Hellfish

Hellfish

and more

Attached Files:

15. Hellfish

Hellfish

and still more

Attached Files:

16. Hellfish

Hellfish

getting itchy for the HAMB Drags?

Attached Files:

17. Hellfish

Hellfish

Bobbleed vs. Max Wedge

Attached Files:

18. Hellfish

Hellfish

last one, I swear!

Attached Files:

19. gregg

gregg
    from Fulton IL

Man, that was something else! I only got 3 pics taken; 2 at the start & one at the end. Non stop race & crash action for over 300 laps.

20. What a blast! And thanks to all youse guys who showed up -

Wingnutz for the speed; he had his swerve on and was consensus winner for road / strip performance with his badass '59 Impala. Got that sucker rolling so fast it blew out the back window!

Fellow cheeseheads max wedge & bobbleed - drove down from Wisky in the mafia Caddy, and lit up the place with some spectacular wipeouts with their trad shoebox-sedan-coupe-Mini Cooper - and were tearing it up at the strip (if not for the redlights)

Hellfish - his bitchin' Gasser Wars Willys was straight butta, and he got some solderin' in between the photojournalism.

Magnet - His wing car had a whole Chaparral/ Duntov/ Dean Jeffries Manta Ray/ Mach 5 thing happening, and was fast as hell.

Mr Exotica - Holy moly, his collection of slotcars suggested he was just slumming it for the day. Also helped out a fellow racer with tools. Won the award for driving the shortest distance - three blocks (but in a '56 Ford)

JunkyardDog32 - The newest Primate (Wiscompton chapter) put together the wackiest bastard of a slot car you've ever seen, the death defying primered RPU wheeliemobile.

continental john & nummnuts - showed up in their knockout Sedans; nummnuts was also the official Buster Couch of the mini dragstrip.

and gregg - the COMMISSIONER. Kept it from chaos.

And thanks to all the rest of youse guys - tin soldier, Scallop 53, Sparky, and the HAMB Scouts (Cole, Lil' Chesta, Roscoe) for making this a great time.

One more thing, an extra, extra big thanks to Johnny Ace for the poster design - everybody was blown away by it. I will make additional copies available.

21. tinsoldier

tinsoldier

I had a blast. Thanks for putting it together Mike.
    Thanks to Johnny for the killer poster. I am getting it framed!
    Hellfish, awesome live action shots.
    Also thanks to my white lane teammate for a great day of racing.
    Great to chat with everyone in the bowling alley lounge, too.
    Rich (tinsoldier)

22. A million thanks to Zenor for putting this together - Mike, I am now almost Magnet's neighbor on The Western Frontier. I drove a lot more than 3 blocks!
    Johnny & Kali - Nice job! That poster is one car-related thing that my wife will allow in our living room!
    As evidenced by Hellfish beating me on the dragstrip, my cars weren't all that fast. They are fast, but not unbeatable!
    It was great to meet new people & make some new friends. Let's do this next week - after the Karts of Doom & Balls of Doom!

23. Bobbleed and Max Wedge managed to have all there cars on the track at the same time!!! [​IMG] And they only had "ONE" lane!!!

Damn thing looked like a parking lot at the "Hunnert Car Pile Up"...!!!! [​IMG]

This could become "ADDICTIVE"...!!

I looked at my car this morning and noticed the hood was about to "Let Go"..., there was some heavy hitting going on there! [​IMG]

Nothing that a little more JB Weld couldn't fix...! [​IMG]

Mark

24. Any close ups of that 59 Impala? (Other than on it's side on the track?!) I'm a little biased!! [​IMG]

Travis

25. damn i thought i was the only one that raced slot cars i'll take a few pics of my old cars i havn't been to the track in like 8 months i used to mostly drag race but sometimes the roundy round track too.

heres a list of what i got
    1:1956 ford truck chopped, custom grille and headlights,primed oxide red with some wide whites up front with radar style rims.

2:1956 ford truck with 53 grille with black primer and stock rims and 50 ford caps.

3: 1956 ford truck thats all beat up with dents in hood, roof,fenders and bed with old parts for a flat head in the bed. primered gray with red rims and spyder bullet caps and wide whites.

4: shoebox ford with red rims and black wall tires.

5: 32 ford 5 window 60's style with mags and a thunderbird engine.

theres more but i cant remember them all. but as soon as i get some pic's taken u shall see them all. they were all pretty fast slot cars except the 32 would get the shakes and do flips sometimes

26. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

Had a blast and thanks to Mr Zenor for putting on the event and for Johnny Ace for the kick A## art work.. That baby rocks!!!!! Holy crap I laught my ass off at the wrecks and thought for sure one of the track spotters was gonna get it in the Nuts [​IMG]. Good to see the all the cheeze heads and the local hambers too. Hey Wing , thanks for the basket weave blatz [​IMG]

27. magnet

magnet

Hey, that was fun as hell. My super speedy mach five ran way faster at the other track.. i swear!! It ran real fast towards the begining of the day.. but after 200 laps it slowed down a bunch... :) that wing kept flying off :)

The poster is truly awesome, i am putting it my pile of "shit i have to frame and hang on the wall" along with the day at the drags posters and lonestarroundup stuff.

I look forward to next years race and will be in the pits redesigning a "holy crap that things fast" car for next year.

Thanks Zenor for putting this on.

28. Magnet - next time, pick a body that doesn't lose parts when you crash! Heh heh! If the Wisconsin boys ever go to Lexan bodies, they's be even more dangerous - Wingnut too - that '59 was flying! By the way, I had a car that was even FASTER than Hellfish's car in my box...

29. Rocket88

Rocket88

Some pretty cool lookin'cars!
    What scale are they? I'm curios about the bodies, are they old model bodies or are they that clear plastic you paint from the inside?

30. [ QUOTE ]
    Some pretty cool lookin'cars!
    What scale are they? I'm curios about the bodies, are they old model bodies or are they that clear plastic you paint from the inside?

[/ QUOTE ]

They're 1/24th scale and I bought a Revell 59 Impalla kit that offered stock or Custom modifications. [​IMG]

Bobbleed, Max wedge, and Junkyard Dog had homebuilt chassis and highly modified old model bodies so they fit right and would stay on during the high speed crash tests! [​IMG]

The Illinois Boyz were more high tech with the lexan bodies painted on the inside. (They looked better longer!) [​IMG]

Mr Exotica had all kinds of combinations..., but my favorite of his was a Old NASCAR Ford Torino! [​IMG]

Magnets car featured disposable body panels for diversionary reasons...! [​IMG] Seems like he'd loose a part just as you're about to pass him!! [​IMG]

For the most part I couldn't find a lexan body in the short period of time before the race..., so the model worked Great! [​IMG] (Just use lots of JB Weld!) [​IMG]

Mark