Register now to get rid of these ads!

Picked Up My Bellytank

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Creeper Larry, Feb 18, 2004.

1. I picked up an aluminum Bellytank last weekend. he said it was P-38, but I'm not sure. It is thge same size, and is bolted together. Hopefully I can make a runner outta it. I don't know if I will build it to race at the lakes with all the safety updates, or make it like the old ones and run it at the Antique nats. Time will tell. I have 2 other peices to finish before I can touch the Tank so it will go in the rafters. [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. FoMoCo_MoFo

FoMoCo_MoFo

Congrats!

it'll be fun wherever you run it!

3. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

Really, really cool. But...
    "it will go in the rafters"
    Leave it in the truck!
    You'l get hours of enjoyment everyday watching people react to something that strange and menacing!

4. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

Wow. I'm jealous. That is going to be a really neat project. I think you should build it old style...just my 2 cents, and what's that really worth today anyway.

5. Paul

Paul
    Editor

6. Muttley

Muttley

SWEET!! [​IMG] Hopefully I'll be seeing you in that thing on the STREETS of Fresno raising hell. [​IMG] We got to get together some time and shoot the breeze.

7. I have a # for a guy in northern cali that has a tank very close to that for 50 bucks if any of you guys are interested. p.s. this is not spam i met the guy one time just passing info.

8. laluzbugs

laluzbugs

Want some excitement go drive around LAX with that in the back of your truck. Bet they can't take a joke. [​IMG]

9. You shoulda seen the looks from people on the highway. When I got on the 15 at Baker, this lady in a SUV next to me had a frightened look on here face and moved into the center divider space. It was funny. yeah, the green tank that sold on ebay a few days back was my old one. I think I'm leanin towards the old style build, although flyin down a lakebed over a 100 sound awful tempting. I don't know if I could build it to be legal, and I couldn't afford to have anyone else do it. So we'll see.

10. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

"Breaking News--Interstate 999 closed by police...searching...suspected terrorist...nuclear weapon in pickup truck..."

11. Thats funny, it does remind me of a scud missile.

12. av8

av8

glendale -- Check your PMs, please.

13. mopar742000

mopar742000

hay all u pussies...... name's jason. i got a tank about 3 weeks ago from a friendbut it came from a p-51 though its a little small but it gona be a racer no mater what it's got about 20 - 25 bullit holes in the nose and a beauitful patina i have a t frame and an a front 1/8 in tubing no motor yet.

rjgideon and #1 like this.
  14. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

Want a few more bullet holes in it? Keep calling strangers "PUSSIES" and I'm sure someone will be glad to help! Could you find some weaker shit to make a frame out of? I suggest some electrical conduit or wire hangers!

15. Baaaa Haaaa haaa!!!!!!! Just what I was thinking!

16. Muttley

Muttley

[​IMG]

17. t-town-track-t

t-town-track-t
    from Tulsa

Calling other people "pussies" on the internet sure makes me think that you are tough. I hope I can be just like you when I grow up. I think it goes without saying that anyone who reads this thread will instantly recognize who the "pussy" truly is.

18. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You need to put some fake fins on the back and a big aresed radioactive symbol on the side. Park it out front of the White House for some real fun!

Doc.

19. Are you a dumbshit in real life too, or is this just your made up "internet persona" ?

20. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Did you pick the lie out of this?
    He said he has a friend!! HA!

21. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

WTF:mad:

22. /
    First of all "Hay"...is spelled Hey! Next... nobody on here cares what your name is!... "Tit-Head" will do fine!!!....
    There should be a "Delete" button for people like you that accidently make it to post....
    Lets all hope you actually accidently make it run and put it to the pavement...so we can all read about your flaming exit from this world while yer"ballin up" in it!

23. It's not worth the time talking about the Dumb Shit who probably can't even get any Pussy.
    Great job finding that tank Creeper. Get those other projects finished and start posting some pics of that tanker being built.

24. mopar742000

mopar742000

wow, i didn't mean to get to you guys like that. sorry about that i guess me and my friends talk differently. i'm new to this site... and also sorry about the spelling.....not proud of it but i have disslexiea....if thats even how you spell that. i wrote that yesterday just befor i was heading out to the shed. like i was saying i have this bellytank and an A front end and a T frame the tubing is just some shit i found it's between 1/8th thic and 1/4 thick is that too thin. i'm open to segestions. like i said i'm excited to build this thing not many ppl around hear are interested in old old stuff. there is a few but even they dont see it like a true rat roder would. like i said though sorry guys about that i only did it so my post would stand out i guess it worked. if anyone would be nice enough after this to maybe post some blueprints or cutaways. i hace seen alot that are on here but the more the marrier right??

25. mopar742000

mopar742000

p.s. mine is i think from a p-51 it's about 2 1/2 ft wide in the front and 8 in wide in the back about 8-9 th long.

26. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

You don't introduce yourself to a large room full of gearheads like that. No matter how you speak to your acqaintances.

And for the love of god, type your posts into ms word and hit spell check, then copy and paste.

And why the hell do you resurrect a two year old thread if you want to ask a specific question?

27. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

That about covers it!

28. mopar742000

mopar742000

this is the second time i have ever posted anything and no one i know has ever seen this site befor. and as for my spelling, never once have i ever met a grease monkey that caired about spelling

29. tdoty

tdoty

Well, allow me to introduce myself - I am the grease monkey that cares about spelling! I'm also dyslexic and guilty of the occasional typo, but damn dude! As the number of typos increases, the harder it is to read, and for us to figure out what you're saying.

As for the dyslexia, I have spent so many years working to be able to read in spite of dyslexia that typos really fuck me up!

Good luck on the tank.

Tim D.

30. What dyslexia and the shift key have to do with one another I'll never know? More like "dicklazia".

I guess I'd be the second "grease monkey" that cares about spelling.

Back to the original post. That belly tank is excellent. There is a local fellow that has a pair of wing tip tanks from an early jet fighter (CF101?) that is using them as a pontoon boat. What a waste! They are thinner but they would make a great double hulled style streamliner body IMO. Stu