Register now to get rid of these ads!

Polite Suggestion: Order of topics

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by gwhite, Jan 18, 2014.

1. Ryan & crew,

Love the new format, especially the Traditional Rods section. One small complaint/suggestion though; lately it seems like the Traditional Hot Rods section has become a dumping ground for general questions or topics that are better suited to other sections. This afternoon 1/3 of the posts on the first page were off-topic. Although I try to report OT posts in that section, I wonder if it would save y'all some work moving/deleting posts if the general section (Traditional discussion/happenings) were listed first...methinks the average FNG doesn't take the time to read the posting guidelines and starts his/her thread in the 'headlining' section (perhaps, thinking it is the 'main board').

My 2 cents...

2. silent rick

silent rick

there is a lot of off topic stuff being posted there, or should i say stuff that would be better posted in a different forum.

i'd like to see it go down to two forums. combine the traditional hot rods and customs and enforce the hell out of it. everything else in another forum, but still keep it traditional or traditionally inspired. no new stuff, rat rods or s10 frame swaps. get rid of the all in one forum.

that way, we have two forums to go through. keeps ryan happy with a traditional, period correct forum like what he envisioned the hamb to be when he started it in the first place. and another forum for the masses who strive to be truely traditional with the exception of a few modern conveniences.

that's what i would do if i were king...er...pope...in charge

Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
  3. FWIW,a great Buffalo Springfield song by the way.

I think Ryan has laid out and executed the best version of the Hamb yet and I have been around long enough to see several updates over the years.

There will be some OT every now and then but pruning the topics down any further could only create more problems in my way of thinking.

Viva La Hamb! HRP

4. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

There's something really special coming soon. Hang tight.

5. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

^^^ What he said. It will be fixed.

I've been out for more than 30 days with a sick family member, but am back on the job now.

6. Sweet! Looking forward to it!

Thanks for listening boss. Prayers for your family member - and all who are administering care!

7. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

And BTW, your reports are most appreciated.