Register now to get rid of these ads!

60'-70's Vintage Oval Track Modifieds

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by john56h, Apr 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

a t-bird how cool is that!! can't quite see the 1st number. thought there for a while it said F-97.

2. allstarracing

allstarracing

This is my first wifes oval and fiure 8 car for the Fairgrounds Motor Spedway and Jeff. Ind Sportsdrome. 1974. I will post my car later. It was almost identical except for paint. I was also running late models at the same time. Running Fri. Sat And Sun. Also was building a dirt car at the same time.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 19, 2009
  3. allstarracing

allstarracing

My dirt car from 1976. Its a 67 Fairlane and I ran it at Brownstown Speedway Ind. Home of the Jackson 100. I had a Boss 302 from the Vels' parnelli Jones Trans Am series cars. I ran this engine in several of my cars. It was in the t-bird sportsman car I brought back from Calif. It would scream. I turned it 8 grand way back when

[​IMG]

4. allstarracing

allstarracing

The matching car to my first wifes car

[​IMG]

5. allstarracing

allstarracing

I totaled the 56 Ford and this is the next one. 1954 mercury sectioned over the frame and was one of the first purpose build cars in this area meaning complete custom sheetmetal interior and frame and body seperation build. Had a wicked 351 windsor in it with custom built 180 degree headers and engine set back.

[​IMG]

6. allstarracing

allstarracing

Lost this car July 3rd 1968 at Jeff Ind Sportsdrome. Hit another car while running second. Broke the car in half at the fire wall. Had to be hauled off with two wreckers. Brought it home with two wreckers and shoved it back together so neighbors would not complain. My other 56 is behind it. won several races with it

[​IMG]

7. allstarracing

allstarracing

The t-bird was number 97 and I had to add a 1 because another car had shown up first with 97 on it. I ran this car in Calif., Kentucky, Ind., and ohio.

8. allstarracing

allstarracing

I built this car for a good friend Al Stringer. It is a 56 ford frame, Mustang body and a little 302 with custom up and over headers that I built. He won over 30 heat races and 10 semi's in two years. Finished well in the features but running agaist 377 and 383 stroker chevys he was over matched but it handled like a dream. Will post pictures of the other cars I Built for him soon

[​IMG]

9. allstarracing

allstarracing

This was my next to last car. Its an outlaw modified Ran it at Jeff Ind. Sportsdrome and Indinapolis Speeddrome.
    started with a Dillon chassis and a very nasty long rod windsor. Ran well most years at the world 3 hour figure 8 in Indy. the same race you will see on Spike TV july 28th 2009 with Jesse James is a deadman series. I was crew chief on three of the cars in that race.

[​IMG]

10. hemi

hemi

Where did all those cool steel five slots go??? I'd love a full set for my Plymouth...

11. allstarracing

allstarracing

These were my first attempts at posting. I have more 60's and 70's pictures of my other cars and some that I built but have to put them om my computer first. Hope everyone likes the cars and that I did not offend anyone because they wern't coupes. I ran against some pretty impressive modifieds in southern Ky in the late 60's like a
    crosley bodied 57 Chey framed car with an injected 327 and a 292 six powered 37 Chevy coupe, a cut down Mustang 427, a Hemi cut down Cuda and 30's and 40's bodied mods from Tenn.

12. allstarracing

allstarracing

Many hard years racing destroyed a lot of those wheels. Then came the newer Nascar style lighter ones and a lot got put in the junk piles behind garages.

13. Dr. John

Dr. John

As you can see, this pic was severely cropped (to fit a program page), then damaged in a box over 30+ years...
    [​IMG]
    Chuck Boos (9) leads Bobby Hudson at Lancaster (NY) Speedway, 1972. Gordon Reinig photo.

14. retroridesbyrich

retroridesbyrich
    from Central NC

Found this on the 3Wide site. Another reason to love modifieds...

Attached Files:

15. Hogans Goat

Hogans Goat

No "real racer" would be offended by your lifetime of racing. You have much to be proud of. You post em, we'll enjoy em !

16. Dr. John

Dr. John

Two from 1970 at Lancaster (NY) Speedway by photographer Gordon Reinig.

Earl "Bud" Schilling (tooling down pit road, smokin')
    [​IMG]

Bill Brainard (behind his car -- the red No. 80 -- is Jerry Mathis)
    [​IMG]

17. Dr. John

Dr. John

[​IMG]

Just for the heck of it -- I liked the car -- I pulled this from Bullfather's posting on p. 60 (back in Dec. of last year) and dropped it into Photoshop to see if I could fix the colors. Anyone know who this is?

Last edited: Jun 28, 2009
  18. Dr. John

Dr. John

Of all the luck...We had three people streak together one night at Lancaster in '73 -- two guys and a girl -- and the chick was a lardass!

19. retroridesbyrich

retroridesbyrich
    from Central NC

And probably slow!:eek:

20. allstarracing

allstarracing

this is one of my pictures that didn't get transfered to photobucket last time. It is a 67 mercury cyclone. Ran it at Fairgrounds Motor Speedway,Louisville Ky and Beech Bend Pk. Bowling green Ky.

[​IMG]

21. allstarracing

allstarracing

55 Ford that I had parked for a backup and let Homer French a track champ at Faigrounds Motor Spedway Louisville Ky. use it as a B class car at Jeff Ind. Sportsdrome. He won eight features six in a row. Finished second in points and only ran half the season.

[​IMG]

22. allstarracing

allstarracing

will have more posts next week now that I have this mostly figured out. Hope you all will enjoy them

23. hemi

hemi

Man... I want a set of those wheels! Somebody should re-pop them.... any idea who made them, or what I'd look for on eBay?

Anybody know where I can get a set?

24. allstarracing

allstarracing

I did race at Louisville motor Speedway in the ninties with the outlaw cars but this car was 1974 at the Old Fairgrounds track. I typed Louisville insteat Of Fairgrounds. I Will post some pictures of the outlaw cars I ran and also pictures of 80's and early 90's dirt cars as soon as I can get them uploaded. Glad you all are enjoying the pics.

25. I remember Pete Cory at Middletown in one of the first Falcon mod's with small tires on it, (formula car type?) any pic's of it around?

26. George M.

George M.

27. BKHRS

BKHRS

I met Andy Saturday at the Lakeport Fairgrounds, Great guy he had 4 of his cars there, a Norcal Super, the Stive's car, and his Bobby Alison car and a 58 vette gasser. I brought up my 92 Membrino/Matte car.

Attached Files:

28. Da Bugman

Da Bugman
    from Mass

Here's Bugsy Stevens in Ole Blue, Martinsville '69.
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

29. CoolHand

CoolHand
    Alliance Vendor

30. Da Bugman

Da Bugman
    from Mass

Thanks, first post sorry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.