Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest What is it worth?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by carfreakjim, Apr 14, 2014.

1. So I got some vintage chevrolet advertisement signs. They are printed on cardboard and probally hang on the walls of a chevrolet dealer. Since I don't have enough room for them I am thinking about selling them. The only problem is that I have no idea what they actually are or what the are worth. So I figured the H.A.M.B. is the place to get my answers.
    The first one is this chevrolet impala:
    [​IMG]
    This one is in an pretty good condition.
    The second one is an chevrolet corvair
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    As you can see this one has some serious water damage.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
  2. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I've seen those on Ebay for as little as $5. I guess they made so many and a lot are still around, that the prices are lower than expected. Like old magazines, etc., what ever someone offers may be the best price.

3. Oke, thank you for the answer

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

4. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

it really depends on the car , and of course condition. 1967 Impala 4 door will sell for much less than a 1959 Impala Convertible. do you have any others?

I search for 49-52 Chevrolet dealer items every day on ebay and see the "late model" stuff all the time. I have never seen them listed for $5.00.

20-30 bucks for the Impala . with the damage the corvair one would be a hard sell. if I had it I would try to get 10 bucks for it and hope for more....

5. 5window

5window

Probably not so common in the Netherlands. Why don't you offer them up as a trade and see what you get offered in return?

6. Oke then I am going to try the trade thing and see what ill get. Thanks for the advice guys

7. Oh and yes I got one more an 1968 chevelle

8. Big Mac

Big Mac
    1. Utah HAMBers

I'm into the advertising stuff and follow that market pretty closely. Unfortunately, the paper stuff isn't really valuable. Size will matter on those. How big are they? If they're larger versions (24 x 48-ish) they will bring a little money. In the neighborhood of $50. If they are the smaller ones, about half that size, you're looking at a couple bucks each. They are cool, just not in big demand... Good luck with them.

Mac

9. Size is an issue unless they can be rolled up for shipping, too.

10. 5window

5window

Size always matters! :)