Register now to get rid of these ads!

Take back Central AZ

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tri-Powerguy, Jun 7, 2012.

1. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

2. I'll be on the north end of the Park Central lot on the 12th. Nancy has reserved a row for me for anything Pontiac powered.
    As for this Sat, I will try but, am super busy getting ready for my deals at Wild Horse the following week.
    I really enjoyed hanging out a few weeks back and crusing to Pete's on the south side. For sure, I need to remember NOT to eat before I get there cause that fish looked and smelled good that night!
    Do you guys normally head south to Pete's on Sat nights? or was that a special run?

3. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

We just cruise... want tacos? Then we'll go for tacos.. fish and chips, off to the south side we'll go...

4. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

That was always the deal with Central for me, back in the old days. Get there, get the business out of the way (racing), and if all is still well when it's done go where the night takes ya! That was back when Metrocenter, and Mesa were happening too, so sometimes that was the goal. Sometimes dinner with everybody was the deal. Sometimes the cute just barely chubby young lady in the VW thing was the evening's priority... I'm sure that miss Judy would prefer that I not relive that part of things though.

5. mopacltd

mopacltd

Oh boy.... The memories of high school!

6. Topspeed

Topspeed
    from Peoria, Az

Hello folks, I guess this is the thread you guys look at most. Anyway some of us "Grand Cruisers" are going to be meeting up today at the parking lot in the Uptown Plaza shopping center North of Camelback. (Across from Dairy Queen) Probably start showing up around 5pm. See ya on Central! I'll be drivin' my white '66 D-100 with the 440 4 speed.
    "Keep it under a hundred!"

7. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I'll be in the 'Bucket! Give me a yell if ya see me, but I'll be up around 6:30 7:00 or so.

8. mopacltd

mopacltd

The Todd Harding swap meet wore me out. I am going to miss another one of these.

9. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

Even the part where I got pulled over by the fuzz was fun last night...

10. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

And in spectacular fashion I might add! Nothing worse than trying to nurse an ailing vehicle home then seeing red and blues light up over your shoulder... Even worse when their after a friend and you can't help...

11. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

He knew good and well we were just screwing around. I was just louder and a little more sideways about it.... Jessica giggled when he asked "do you have any guns, knives, bombs, anthrax. ..." Well, sir....

12. mopacltd

mopacltd

Louder and a little more sideways! That is a way cool statement! Know I wish I had made the cruise.

13. too funny

14. moparmanjames

moparmanjames
    from Las Vegas

I'll be at the "Mopars at the Strip" race in Vegas.

15. Tri-Powerguy

Tri-Powerguy
    from Phoenix

We need to have Mopars on Central or Pontiacs on Central Chevy ford, well Chevy anyway LoL just kidding. If this could be done in between Nancy's shows maybe it would get Central started up again. I don't have that much pull. Anyway moparmanjames enjoy, and Dave is having a car show the morning of the cruise.

16. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

So where was everybody last night? I bundled Judy up, stuck her in the passenger side of the 'Bucket and headed up about 8 or so... Nothin'!

17. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

Dude! You missed it... There was like this wizard lookin biker, and he had these "magic beans" and we planted them right there by the Cheese-N-Stuff. Then, well... hubcap bikini's... nothing cause I was Zzz... Zzzz... ZZZZzzzzz.... around 8. I'll be in Vegas next weekend too.

18. I was out and made a couple trips up and down Central but didn't see anyone so I went back home.

19. Tri-Powerguy

Tri-Powerguy
    from Phoenix

2 Days away, Right on just can't wait. Time for us all to play

20. I'll be on the north end of the Park Central lot in our resv'd "Pontiac Row".

stop by and say hello

21. My car is currently at sitting in what appears to be its favorite home since I have owned it, aka, the lift at my shop :(

This time the transmission went out. I should have it back in time to drive her to Vegas for Viva but no shenanigans this weekend unfortunately. Debating whether a slightly higher stall is a good idea while its apart.

22. Tri-Powerguy

Tri-Powerguy
    from Phoenix

It sure was a fun night and, enjoyed putting some miles on the Belvedere still has a small heating problem but was able to have some fun. Twice a year on Central is not enough do you agree fellow cruisers, we get these cars to show and enjoy lets try to make Central a little busier on Saturday nights? OOHH Happy Birthday Jerry :) Waa Waa LoL

23. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

24. Tri-Powerguy

Tri-Powerguy
    from Phoenix

We were discussing strategies about Saturday nights and decided to try the shopping center were Lenny's Burgers is this coming Saturday, just for a change of pace does that sound good to everybody. That would be the southeast corner of Central and Thomas.

25. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Awesome!! Been wanting to do that for awhile! Pretty sure they close up at 7:00 though, so get there early if you want food.

26. Tri-Powerguy

Tri-Powerguy
    from Phoenix

Chip do they have tables and chairs outside to sit and shoot bull, or should you bring some if somebody wants to kick back and take it easy. I think it could be a cool place, hope they stay open a little later. All cool look forward to Saturday, hopefully we can have a good follow up from last week.

27. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

We're going backwards if we're starting to think about hauling chairs to the cruise....

28. Tri-Powerguy

Tri-Powerguy
    from Phoenix

Nick I was looking for ya Saturday were did you guys park

29. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

I was parked near the pool across from the stage...

30. ratso575

ratso575

WOW!
    I lived in phoenix middle of `75 -`76 went to AAI in Glendale...
    this was my first time away from my mom and dad....I had a blast !!!!
    I cruised central in my LS-6 454" 4 speed `71 Camaro...
    I raced at (if I remember) a track called mel larsons, it turned 12.30`s on borrowed slicks...
    I raced out at bee line drag strip several times...
    reading about the good ol` days has really stirred up some fun time memories...

THANK you guys !!!

ratso