Register now to get rid of these ads!

White Knuckle Scramble 2014

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hellfish, Jan 8, 2014.

1. Hellfish

Hellfish

Last year was a blast, so we're doing it again!

I'll be updating our site soon, but I just wanted to let everyone know that we have a date for 2014. Saturday, August 16 again at Norway, IL (Concept Haulers Motor Speedway)

Vintage Go Karts and vintage Minibikes ONLY!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. cs39ford

cs39ford

It was a blast last time will have to do it again

Attached Files:

3. Hellfish

Hellfish

I'll have a bigger motor this year. :)

4. cs39ford

cs39ford

I have changed the gearing on mine, A lot faster, Will street test this spring, and one new carburetor Otherwise will be ready need time to play with my new gasser toy See thread on aggravation TOO

5. well i am hooooked
    i had an accident with the ice racing/last years scramble kart. did anyone know that you could speed roll a kart on ice!!!!!!
    i am going to field 3 karts this year
    1) rear engine kart (last years yard cart)
    2) duel 2 stroke rear engine kart (rupp)
    3) sidewinder with a kt100

Attached Files:

6. Hellfish

Hellfish

Dang. You're going to busy! What's going in the Rupp?

I haven't even started my 820 build yet.

7. I bought the rupp off of c list before Christmas and I am going to pick it up Friday
    its getting twin 91a mac's nice paint and I am going to run the heck out of it
    the yard kart is a complete redo after the roll and is now 5 inches lower in the back and 2 1/2 lower in the front. I put a front porch on it to get my knees out of my chest.
    that's me in the background of the flyer
    tk

8. Hellfish

Hellfish

I'm meeting with the track this weekend. The owner mentioned that in most racing, drivers/teams pay PER CLASS, so he will probably insist on that this year. In other words, you may have to pay for each kart & minibike you field. We let everyone race as many vehicles as they wanted last year for one price, but I don't think that will happen this year. I will try to get a discount for additional vehicles though.

9. cs39ford

cs39ford

Looking forward to being there again this year keep us updated last year was a blast

10. Hellfish

Hellfish

We met with the track yesterday and got all the details ironed out. I will post the details later this week.

11. Well I am one less kart.... I don't fit in the rupp lol guess I should have checked that so if anyone wants a 61 rupp for the white knuckle scramble I have one for sale
    Tk

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

12. Hellfish

Hellfish

Small changes for 8.16.2014
    You MUST pass tech inspection before racing or making practice laps. There will be 2 tech inspections opportunities (8-10am and 12-12:30pm). If you miss the morning one, you’ll miss practice. Inspection rules are the same as last year (on our site) and will include your vehicle and safety gear. Helmets and neck braces can be rented at the track for $5 each if you don’t have the right kind.

You will need some sort of number visible to the officials. the numbers taped to the side of the helmets just weren't cutting it! We're working on a simple, cheap solution to this.

Kart races will be run 6:6:10… in other words, two heats of 6 laps and a final feature heat of 10 laps.
    Minibikes will be run 5:5:7
    Drags will be run as eliminations. Line up and go. Lose and you’re done.

Racing will cost $43 (it was $50 last year)
    $13 for a hot grid pass and $30 for each vehicle you field ($43 total). If you want to race 2 vehicles, your total would be $73 ($13 + $30 + $30). This is the way most races are run. It’s still $5 if you just want to watch the races and walk around the Pits.

Tentative schedule:
    8-10: gates open, registration, tech inspection
    10-12: Practice
    12-12:30: Tech inspection #2
    12:30 Drivers’ meeting, with racing to follow
    When the racing is done, we will be able to do more practice runs with the track officials’ permission. We’ve been assured that you’d have to screw up royally to not get permission.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
  13. well i have been working on both of my karts and each one will have one of these us820's
    no more briggs class for me

Attached Files:

14. Hellfish

Hellfish

I guess you and I will be duking it out on the track then. I will be running a vintage WB 820 against your newer US 820. Same muffler, too! I have a lot of work to do on mine yet though.

Have you ever rebuilt one? I know mine needs new gaskets & a carb rebuild, but hopefully not much else.

15. I am going to rebuild both of mine in the next few weeks. I can't imagine it being any tougher than the briggs build.

Is there going to be another practice day for the scramble?
    Rk

16. Hellfish

Hellfish

No practice day. Not enough people showed up last year for us to organize another one, but the track does have open practice days. They probably wouldn't let a vintage kart on at the same time as modern karts, so you might get the track to yourself.

Before the Scramble there are a few Vintage kart races around the Midwest. Their rules will be more strict than ours, but if you can meet them, you could get some track time in against some serious racers. Broadhead is probably closest to you and they're doing a vintage race on 7/12.

17. I think that was weather related why the practice day was a poor turnout.
    I will defiantly be pimping your event this year and I have to think I will have 10 more karts out in the field this year
    Tk

18. Hellfish

Hellfish

Great! The more racers we have, the more fun we'll have!

19. Hellfish

Hellfish

20. just wanted to bump this thing back up.
    looks like i'll be fielding a mini bike too
    i have been buying up all the us820's and now i have 3
    also can i run a kt100 on my vintage side winder?
    tk

21. oh and i am taking advantage of less gravity and loosing about 60 lbs so i can mph like a mofo down the back staight and come off the corner a little better
    tk

22. Hellfish

Hellfish

The kt100 is fine. I just tore down a vintage WB 820... now I need to rebuild it. :)

23. thought I would bump this back up to the top
    new axle is on my cart
    seat is mounted along with the twins on the other
    ill blow them apart this weekend I hope and paint them both
    tk

24. cs39ford

cs39ford

Got number plate from E bay 6 bucks total w/shipping Wire tied to crash bar Wax marker for number I think this will work for track officals to keep track of karts?

Attached Files:

25. Hellfish

Hellfish

That is exactly what the track wants to see. Usually the plates are white, but they can be any color you want as long as the officials can read it. The track does have a few plates and numbers for sale. I think they are $2 each plus about $0.50 per number.

26. cs39ford

cs39ford

Cool Will test and turn this weekend Get a little street time!!!!!

27. cs39ford

cs39ford

We are a good to go Tore up and down road this morning all that's left IMG_0135.JPG to do is pack tools etc

28. 15 days away
    need to get my stuff tested
    tk

29. Hellfish

Hellfish

You're killing me! I repainted my kart last night. I will hopefully test fire the engine tonight

30. cs39ford

cs39ford

IMG_0423.JPG Look what followed me home today Don t think I can get this ready for the scramble May have to flea bay later IMG_0425.JPG IMG_0424.JPG