Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Tips needed for installing stainlesss on a 46-48 ford

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tudorkeith, Apr 15, 2014.

1. tudorkeith

tudorkeith

Hello I just got all of my stainless polished and need to install it. Problem is all of the holes have been filled(welded). What will be the best method for reinstalling? my thoughts are to tape it in place and adjust until it's lined up. I think I can access most of the back of the panels to rust proof the new holes. Any hints or tips are appreciated. Also does anyone know the hole size for the side trim as well as around the side windows? thanks guys

2. tudorkeith

tudorkeith

guess I'll have to figure it out on my own

3. oldspert

oldspert
    from Texas

If I don't forget, I'll measure the holes on my 46 coupe. The window trim will be different from your two door but the hole size will be the same.

4. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

My Son is at the shop right now, I will call him and have him measure the hole diameter on my 46 tudor.

Don

5. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Ok, he measured them for me. They all are 1/4 inch holes and there are 7 holes on each door for the side trim and 13 holes on each rear quarter panel for the side trim. The chrome is off of my tudor too, so if you need me to measure spacing for you I will be at the shop tomorrow and can do it.

In the meantime, here is a picture of my Tudor when I found it with the trim on for reference:

[​IMG]

I'm missing the trim from around the windows on both sides, so I can measure the spacing on those holes for you too.

Don

6. verde742

verde742

friend of mine did a very nice job with double back tape, man it looked so good and no "in and out" (you'll find out what I mean later)