Register now to get rid of these ads!

That crap is worth money!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The37Kid, Aug 25, 2013.

1. The37Kid

The37Kid

Ever get a shock and find out crap has value, and you can turn it into CAR MONEY?:eek: Before we loaded a Hammond organ into a dump truck my Son in law told me to pull out all the tubes, because people use them. Really? Quick check of "That Auction Site" proved that people do pay crazy money. What have you found to fund your projects? Bob

2. ZOOMIE TWO-SHOES

ZOOMIE TWO-SHOES

Paper label Krylon spray paint. Some guys collect it, Cherry red brings big bucks, sold a unopened case of grey for crazy money on Ebay, shipped it to Canada.

3. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

Old Hammond organs were really built. A friend stripped one for parts, I think there were 60 tubes worth $5 $10 and up.

Some professional musicians still use the old Hammond B3 because nothing else sounds the same. But the home versions have very little value.

4. why is that?

5. upspirate

upspirate

I hate to mention it , but the R-R movement has brought me big $ off old parts that I threw on just for the hell of it.

I sold a Chev accessory steering wheel (best I could tell) with a door bell switch drilled into the center piece for horn button,cracked rim,leather wrapped with 1/3 hanging off for $40!!!:eek:

It and a few other pieces served to indicate to my wife that if I die,the stuff in the garage is gold, not junk and to get help from friends to id and list on that site.

6. Never, ever throw anything away without checking to see if it has value to someone else first. That goes for car parts, household stuff, you name it.

I mean there are guys down at the flea market who make good money buying the leavings of estates and moving sales, doing clean outs - the crap that doesn't sell, or sells in big lots stupid cheap - and re-selling it down there. Sure, a lot of it only brings a buck or two, but you fill a stall with 1000 things and the end of the day you've done pretty good. And they sell most of the stuff - particularly the one guy when they pack up they mostly pack up their tables.

7. towithome

towithome
    from oregun

Sold a carb for $3600, it was a rare 1. Crazy thing is, I was gonna toss it because it wasn't chevy.......woohoo!! I love my smart phone!