Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dragfest With Bruce Larson "usa-1"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sandybeaches, Nov 12, 2007.

1. :p Boy did we have a great time Saturday at Bruce Larson's Barn.
    This museum had so many collectables it was impossible to see everything.:rolleyes: There were Dragsters and Funny cars everywhere, and lots of Kool people everywhere....Jerry Saltes for one.....:D I was lucky enough to chat with him about his days on the dragstrip. Now he said, looking back, it was about as safe as his grandchildrens swing with no sides to hold onto"....:eek: Got to shmooze with "Beaver Bob" and "Flashback Bill"....Fantastic gentlemen from the "Beaver Springs Drags"...Thanks to you both for a great time at your place earlier this year! Met Bruce Larson himself, and what a really really nice down to earth guy. As host of the event, he mingled with everyone and shared stories of his amazing collection, and dragfest days. ;) Thanks a bunch for letting us share in your memories stored at the Barn. Got to talk to Spike from "Rod and Culture" magazine..:cool: Spike seems to be everywhere this year taking photos for the journal.
    Another nice guy involved with many of the shows this year. Look for the next issue of the "R &C" and check out his great photos:p
    We also made several new friends....:) Frank, "Nailhead Buicks"...Joe McNally, One of the members of "East Coast Drag Racing History"....and Ed Stegens, another member of this threesome, with whom I discussed the benefits of the H.A.M.B., Jalopy Journal, and all the amazing members he could meet to help out their cause. These guys are dedicated to seeking old photos, memorabilla, etc., to preserve for the E.C.D.R.H. cause.
    There was also a huge "Door Prize" event and many really dedicated guys helping to give out the awards to those in the industry over the last year. Sorry that I did not get specific details:confused:
    Not sure how many pictures I took....but I will post them later, as I have not been able to get online to long...:( we have been having puter issues now for some time, and Woody ran a "cyber scan" to clean out the "Halloween" gooks we have accumulated:eek:
    Pics to come this evening!!!!:eek:
    Thanks!;)
    Sandy

2. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

I missed it again?!? Crap! Someone tell me about this next year! :)
    Looking forward to your pics!

3. SUHRsc

SUHRsc

i posted about it on here :p

4. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Missed it. Next time be sure to send me a personalized, engraved PM or email;) :D

I was swap meeting all weekend anyways. I love making money!:D

5. SUHRsc

SUHRsc

sorry ....i will next year
    it was a bit cold in a roadster....but youd have had fun
    makr your november 08 calander now! :D

6. Spike!

Spike!

Great to see you Sandy! I'm trying to get to as many shows as I can, but lately money hasn't been there to do everything I want to do. Bruce' s event is pretty special to me and I try to get it in the mags, but nobody loves the East Coast out west.. I'll keep trying though.

Spike

7. :) Here goes the pictures.....:rolleyes: I Hope.....

Attached Files:

8. :D Getting more posted:eek:

Attached Files:

9. :D Going good....long process....;) More pics.....

Attached Files:

10. :rolleyes: A few more pics.......

Attached Files:

11. THOMAS S&C

THOMAS S&C

Great pics Sandy, thanks,
    Good to see you and Woody got the car back together.

12. :rolleyes: and......just a few more pics....:D

Attached Files:

13. noboD

noboD

Thanks for the pictures, Sandy. You seem to be hitting plenty of shows this year. Sorry I missed this one.

14. :rolleyes: Oh yea....last group of pics.....:p

Attached Files:

15. :D A big Thanks to Bruce Larson again for opening his museum to us all Saturday....:p Thanks to Woody for most of these pics too:eek:

Attached Files:

16. AHotRod

AHotRod

Thanks for sharing the story and pictures!

17. Thanks! We all had a great time:p

18. Nice to hear from you....Yep...we had quite a schedule this year, and only broke down one time:( It was a doozie though.....Now she is in the barn and Woody will be tearing apart quite a few things:eek: He promised to let me help install the new gas tank.....This should be food for thought....:rolleyes:
    Have a great Holiday!!!!

19. :) Nice to see you and Zach at the show....Boy that was really an
    amazing museum....I'm glad we went!!!:D
    See you guys sometime in January at the season kick off show!
    Sandy

20. Hey Megan....How are ya doin? This was such a great show...You would have had a great time:cool: Will have to send you a candy gram to remind you this place is near Hershey.....lol:eek:
    Sandy

21. SUHRsc

SUHRsc

glad you guys had a safe trip,
    thanks for posting the pics!

Zach

22. Hey Spike.....That was great that you donated "Rod and Culture" mags to the event.....I was glad to get my copy early, I bet they went fast:rolleyes: Talk to you sometime about your West Coast connections....You may need to talk to my connection in the Bay area to see if he can drum up some dues for you:confused:
    Take Care Kiddo!
    Sandy

23. Has that 44c car ever been to FL?

24. SUHRsc

SUHRsc

nope! its strictly a PA backroad baby!
    atleast so far! ;)

25. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

Awesome Sandy, thanks for posting.

26. :p Thanks for checkin them out!!!! Your pics were great too...Woody and I will have to drive cross country again and check that museum of yours:D That one car was amazing:eek: