Register now to get rid of these ads!

Looking for pics of Black Cherry Pearl or Candy paint jobs

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hooligan63, Dec 28, 2009.

1. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

Finally made a decision on what color I want to run,so I ned to see some pics of Black Cherry Pearl or Black Cherry Candy paint jobs.

Thanks

2. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

Only found one pic so far

Attached Files:

3. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

Heres one for you, Candy Balck Cherry over gold base. Enjoy :cool:

Attached Files:

4. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

Sorry my spelling sucks that should read CANDY BLACK CHERRY, over gold base.

5. filthy frank

filthy frank

...........either way that color looks tuff !

6. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

Beautiful color and car. Looking for a little darker though.

7. oilslinger53

oilslinger53
    from covina CA

8. Here a 50 merc I painted a few years back. The main base color was gold with the fadeaways done in a dark peutter. The candy was a special blend I mixed up here with Sems consetrates.

Attached Files:

9. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Go to the paint store.

Ask to look at a House of Colors chart.

Pick a color.

Make your painter do a test panel that you sign off on, and agree that the car will be a similar color (trust me on this... The actual color output can vary widely using the same paint depending on the painter... Saw a guy waste more than $1,500 worth of paint and still missed the color on a black cherry over black base... Customer pissed...)

Good luck.

10. Roger O'Dell

Roger O'Dell

I don't know how to do the picture thing, A friend came over today and helped me do my intro if you go to it you can see my zephyr, it's a candy type black over gold pearl , but it has to be in bright light to tell it's pearl Roger

11. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

Zman has the best one that I can think of... (and also have pictures of)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Maybe he'll post some out in the sun pics, I can;t seem to find any...

12. Screenz

Screenz
    from Texas city

Get ready to drop some serious coin good candy aint cheap!

13. HotRodFreak

HotRodFreak

Here is my still in progress Mercury.
    The paint was labeled "Candy Crimson" ....
    over cinnamon base coat and under clear coat.
    I think only Joe Bailon can authorize the candy apple red name.
    It still needs to be buffed.

Attached Files:

14. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

That would be the color I'm looking for. I Like to refer to it as Candy Dr. Pepper.

15. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

Not when you got a friend in the biz and you have hookups on supplies.

16. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Lol, I don't think I have any pics out in the sun here, I'll look when I get to work. In the shade you just don't see the candy over the black..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All HOK, black above the trim gold below, and I want to say it was Wild Cherry Kandy, but I can check when I get to the shop.

[​IMG]

17. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

That car is gorgeous,but something needs to be done with those wheel wells(Black undercoating maybe?

18. roadracer

roadracer

The Deucenberg in R&C looks like black cherry in the mag, but pics I've seen online dont agree. I guess paint is hard to photograph accurately depending on the lights... but in print it looks nice

[​IMG]

19. great color. The fact that you can'r find many is a good indication, IMO. It takes balls to do really dark on the reds, but them are the most badass. I say stick with the really dark and deep color. And check out FINKd's gallery. He's awesome.

20. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

I already gave him a list of things that need to be done... :D

21. geemann51

geemann51

My thoughts exactly, check out Jeff's Cadillac, I believe it's the exact color your looking for.

22. donzzilla

donzzilla

Any colors in the Black Cherry range look good on "Curvy" cars. It needs the hi lights of them big old fat fenders. It is not a good color to put on a flat car. I had a customer see a '34 Plymouth that I did in 90's Cadillac Black Cherry. The car was stunning. He had an early 70's LeMans. He was dripping over the color. Had to have it. I tried to talk him out of it. The car just didn't get the "Look" that the '34 had. The color gets kind of muddy on big flat surfaces.

I also did a '32 Chevy in the same color. The customer insisted on some pearl in the clear. Again, I suggested no. It gave the car a milky kind of dull look.

When done right on the right car it is a show stopper of a color though. Changes in different light. It is also a very hard color to photograph. It looks flat. It's just one of them in person colors.

Zilla!

23. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

No,I've seen Jeff's,his is a Brandywine. What I'm looking for is exactly what Zman is running,where it looks black until it's in the light,then this red pops from nowhere. Roof may go brandywine,or Black Cherry Candy over bases of silver,gold and copper for the patterns and lace. I already bought my black cherry flake(5 ounces because it was cheap for me,and this wi8ll be used on the roof,scallops,dash and interior trim)

24. geemann51

geemann51

Got it, I guess technically Jeff's car is a custom mix of wild cherry over a some sort of gray base.

25. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

Yeah,the color of Jeff's Caddy is the color I'm aiming for on the roof,but the body is an actual Black Cherry color over a dark base

Here's a great pic of Jeff's Caddy off of Rikster's fotki page:
    [​IMG]

26. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

This is one version of the color,notice how you can barely make out a red tinge to the black?

[​IMG]

27. This one is a little darker and I think this is the color you might be chasing. Bright Red in direct sun light and almost black in any shaded areas and looks black at night. The main base color was a light charcoal with the flames done in silver flake and highlights in a dark peutter. If you go on my web site take a look at the sleep walker 51 merc it is even darker. We used a colebolt blue pearl base and HOC brandywine. That color never realy poped even in direct sun but it might be what you like.

Attached Files:

28. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

It's a customers car, and it is HOK Wild Cherry over black on top. on Gold on the bottom.

Can't find any sun pics, though I'll try and see if Rush (the owner) has any.

Wow my memory is not as bad as I thought.

29. Tinbasher

Tinbasher

Harley Davidson had a perfect Brandy Wine Candy in the 80's. It used a dark grey mini flake base with the dark red Candy over top. It was bright red in the sunlight but almost black in the shade.

Still love that Colour.

The Old Tnbasher

30. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus