Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hawaii HAMB @ 808 Speed Shop's Open House

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lucky444, Oct 28, 2009.

1. oldspert

oldspert
    from Texas

Where did all of the cherry bodies come from? When I was stationed there in 69 everything was nothing but rust. I had a 61 bird that was so rusty, I could look up at the sky and it didn't have a moonroof.

2. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

Damn, what a great turnout guys. Thought you boys said there were no Hot Rods on Oahu? I'm really excited to get back over for the June Hamb get together.

Kevin

3. Lucky444

Lucky444

That fire was kind of funny, in an awful kind of way. Not to mention his tie rod end was grinding away at his front rims ALL day long and he didn't know it. He never heard the grinding because he had his headers uncapped! We found aluminum shavings all over the parking lot after he left. The whole trailer thing didn't help with any compassion!

4. Lucky444

Lucky444

So true!

Those are all the cars that were hiding in garages when you were here in 69. Despite the salt air, there are quite a few 30's-40's Rods still around.

What Hot Rods? Hey, we missed having the Grand Poobah here for the second official HAMB event on Oahu. See you in June for the third one...you must be counting the days.

5. 50merc808

50merc808

cool, let know what days your gonna be in town.

yeah jason when i saw the smoke starting to pour out from under the hood i noticed he was right next to your car..man that would've sucked!

6. 50merc808

50merc808

can't wait! you guys gonna be staying at the same place?

7. Lucky444

Lucky444

Yeah, I guess that's not so funny. :(

8. big creep

big creep

jason you chevy is sweet! sooo clean!

9. Lucky444

Lucky444

Thanks Omar, although I have to admit those photo's make her look better than she is! I bet it feels good to have your Shoebox back from Ian. Dammit, he did a great job! Good luck on the rest of the build.

10. Any Hamb people coming to the big island pm me be glad to play tour guide. Also have a rustic cabin on my property available.

Attached Files:

11. 32SEDAN

32SEDAN

Just got back from Kona today! Where are you on the lava rock?

12. 32SEDAN

32SEDAN

For the life of me, I could not figure out what that dude (and his posse) were doing. He'd drive it in the lot, then bring in his truck/trailer like he was going to load it. Then he'd pull the camaro around to the end of the parking lot and rev his engine. For a minute I thought he was going to do a burnout right between the rows of our cars! That could of been catastrophic! I'm thinking he just wanted us to pay him some attention...

13. 32SEDAN

32SEDAN

Damn you Bette Midler! :)

Very cool event! Rods, band, PBR on tap! Nothing else needed.

I was especially fond of that orange track roadster! :D

Thanks Martin for hosting!

14. Lucky444

Lucky444

That was some strange performance going on. He sure got our attention when he set that thing on fire.

That Track Nosed Roadster is pretty damned cool!

15. Lucky444

Lucky444

Thanks for the offer Hilo Hotrodder. Kevin and Penny said they loved your place.

16. Hey 32, I was in kona all weekend big family get together .Drove the dodge over,they love it at the care home where my mother lives. My place is in Hawaiian arces about 15 miles from Hilo.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
  17. Great Picture Bra!

Aloha and Mahalo!

18. Cool pics, thanks Jason and everyone for posting them. Looks like a pretty good turnout.

19. Cruiser

Cruiser

:D Cool post - too bad about the ferry that is a very uncool thing. Mahalo for posting and keep on cruising.

CRUISER :cool:

20. big creep

big creep

yea i love!!! im going to get the floor done soon! ill post pictures soon.

21. 7/11

7/11

well, then I ´ll take him to big Island ! didn´t you say one could cruise there long distance ? 1 hours before to get to the sea ? ;-)) sounds awesome, man.
    but it would be worth it just to see you cry, hehe :D

22. Lucky444

Lucky444

Glad you guys are enjoying the post. I really should've taken more pics, but was too busy jaw jacking for hours before I got my camera out. Here's a few more. The guy with the silver hair scrutinizing Martins chopped Merc is a long time body and fender man!

Attached Files:

23. 50merc808

50merc808

yup they definately (the ol timers) had me pinned down in the shop! kinda funny because i was pointing out the areas where i know need work on the merc and where i thought if i did it again i'd do differently, they got on my case for that " DON'T EVER POINT OUT your FLAWS/MISTAKES!"... My response.... i'm just being honest brother!

24. coopdevill65

coopdevill65
    from tac ,wa

i go to kona every year and havent really found any hotrod stuff there. i would love to know where to go! i am planning on moving there is two years and would like to hook up with some people in the industry to find some work.

25. Do you guys ever see Tetanus Shot around there? He's there somewhere! So,let me understand this better...The Ferry shuttled cars from Island to Island? Is there no other way to get your car from one Island to another?

26. Lucky444

Lucky444

I wanted to warn you about those older guys. They're actually really nice people, but love to make trouble. Hell, they've been at it for a lot longer than we have! They just love to "rough up" the suspect. Ron, the guy with the silver hair got me good while we were talking outside.

27. Lucky444

Lucky444

Tetanus Shot's on Maui so we never see him.

As for the Ferry, we had one for a very short time before a select few killed it. You could drive your car on and shuttle it between Oahu, Maui and Kauai at first until Environmental Protester shut the whole thing down. Here's a link to Wikipedia that explains it all better than I can.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawaii_Superferry

Needless to say, the majority of people were pretty pissed when it got canned. Now you have to do it the old way, which is take it to Matson where they charge you big bucks and have them load it on a Cargo Barge that takes a lot longer to get between islands, basically turning it into a 2-3 day endeavor.

28. SakowskiMotors

SakowskiMotors

Got any more room for me and 6 surfboards?
    wil
    www.sakowskimotors.com

29. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Just wondering... I live in Oahu as a kid (56-62) and have often thought of shipping my rod to the islands for a long vacation. But... no inter-island ferry? You guys are all stuck on your respective islands then? Gary

30. Lucky444

Lucky444

See my last post above. Explains the inter-island situation. You can still ship your car on a barge, but it's more expensive and more of a hassle. with the Ferry, you could just drive on and drive off.