Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2009 GNRS: Nobody Puts Baby In A Corner

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jan 26, 2009.

1. ruralrod

ruralrod

Thanks Ryan. Your coverage was awesome, especially for those that can't be there. Me.

2. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

Awesome job Ryan, as usual. I was honored to be part of the voting and ,in my opinion, the best car won! That was truly a "stand out Roadster" and deserved the recognition! Thanks again for all you do.

Toast

3. cool37

cool37
    from SoCal

Great Coverage Ryan...thanks

4. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I had an awesome time at the show and it reminded me of going to Disney World as a kid. I just walked around with my mouth open staring in disbelief.

5. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

Cheers Ryan it truly was an honor to be a contender ,( like being an Oscar nominee :) ),sounds like a cool trip you had . I'll hook up with you in Austin at the Round up were planning on coming in Carol's Fordoor (a home trip for the car I got from just outside San Antonio )

Tom was a deserved winner , it's the 1st time I've voted for the winner :)

Attached Files:

6. Great job, Ryan - I've never been (I'm on the right-coast) but now that there's the JJ award, looks like I MUST see the contenders first hand! Thanks for all you do!

7. i got to say all the nominated cars were killer and the show covrage people have posted is great. i'm looking forward to next years contest all ready.

but one thing i have to ask is which car would have one if there wasn't one on the list that alot of us have watched transform to the winner it is over the years?

8. hotrod-kenny

hotrod-kenny

Thanks for the coverage.

9. mcload

mcload

Great coverage Ryan; I'll have to put that show on my very long list of shows to attend.

I didn't think your photography was all that bad. Perhaps processing through Photoshop for a bit of brightening is all that is needed on some of them. After all, it wasn't for a magazine layout. Travelling with and lugging around a lot of photo equipment is a pain in the ass, but a second remote flash held by a buddy would have helped (as you know).

I guess it was because you didn't have press credentials that you couldn't get on the other side of the ropes? Although I realize the reason why they have to, I never like shows where the cars are roped off.

Thanks again for the article....cool times indeed!!

Last edited: Jan 26, 2009
  10. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Thanks , It is awsome to see such cars and to actually be able to vote on what we believe to be the "One". I really enjoyed looking at the contenders and knowing that I had a say in the one I liked. Anyhow as far as I am concerned you picked one hell of a line up for us. This made it very difficult to choose one of them. Anyway thanks again for allowing us to see the cars with such details. This goes for all of those who spent their time to make things like this to happen.

11. Doctor Destructo

Doctor Destructo

I loved it when Tom moved his car so it sat in front of the Suede Palace next to his wife's powder blue sedan before leaving yesterday. What a cool couple.

12. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

Missed you guy's this time around, my shop is right down the street from the Old Crow (not really, 1/2 mile away).
    Taking pictures at the GNRS is always a challenge, too freakin' dark in those buildings. Tri-pot and long exposure is the only way to go, no flash. Mine sucked too.
    See ya in Austin.

13. tinmann

tinmann

Ryan, your writing always has a sense of a little kid going to the carnival for the first time. I'm glad you never lose that. You are real people. Thanks.

14. blackout

blackout

Thank you for the efforts, great job. Tom Branch's car is an excellent choice.

15. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

Thank you Ryan. It takes people like you to actually PHYSICALLY get out there and make the changes we all want to see happen rather than just complain when things aren't going our way. You know you are redirecting the course and only through both real world and computer world interaction can such big and important changes be made.
    Great seeing you over on our turf enjoying yourself! Some people are hard to read on the computer, but in person we are all just car people- who love this more than anything else. Thanks again for making such MONUMENTAL changes and bringing so many of us together to share good times. Thanks, Jim

16. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

The RIGHT Roadster won!Stunning lookin' Deuce.

Nick.

17. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

It was nice to meet you at the Meet & Greet Dreadman. I had fun talking to you and Scooter. As far as pictures go, that may be the most difficult place to take shots. I think I must have apologized a thousand times for stepping on peoples toes as I backed up trying to get the whole car in the shot. Couple that with the fact that every one of my shots had a security line running through it and it made for a pretty fucking horrible display of images. Had an awesome time though!

18. 65 impala

65 impala

19. skullcracker

skullcracker
    from Austin

I guess since nobody's said it yet...I will:

Live Wire

20. EVANS and 3 97s

EVANS and 3 97s

Thanks for recognizing the real world cars so long overlooked at this event. For years I looked at coverage of this most important show,seeing many terrific,beautiful and functional roadsters overlooked,while awkward high point show cars were deemed "MOST BEAUTIFUL". Your award should be highly prized by the deserving winner. Can we see the trophy/award?

21. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

That was one of the first cars that greeted me when I got in and I was floored. The car was even better then the pictures led me to believe. I spent a good 20 mins walking around it and picking up all the small details. Would have been nice to see the original exhaust on it before they broke but it's probably way past due for Piero to be driving the shit out of that thing. I loved it.

22. Squablow

Squablow

For a minute there I thought I was going to be the one to say that. Dirty Dancing, really?

Good writeup and looks like a great event to see. I didn't think the pictures were bad at all.

But, REALLY?

23. skullcracker

skullcracker
    from Austin

Next time Ryan doesn't get to rent the movie...

24. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Live Wire Live Wire Live Wire Live Wire Live Wire Live Wire Live Wire Live Wire Live Wire
    Live Wire Live Wire Live Wire Live Wire Live Wire Live Wire Live Wire Live Wire Live Wire

:D ok i'll shut up now...

25. poorboy

poorboy

this was a great idea! glad I could be a part of it!

26. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Screw Chachi...."joanie loves LIVE WIRE"

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 26, 2009
  27. Bobby Green

Bobby Green

Good times my friend, good times.

28. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

For Realz Doe...
    Toms Car dose RULE!! and so dose Ryan, Dan and Joyo... I had a blast this weekend with you guys and look forward to seeing you fellas in Austin soon...

Keeping it Rad...

Piero

29. RUDOG

RUDOG

who???....:rolleyes:

30. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

your silly..