Register now to get rid of these ads!

56 Chevy- Paint Code #717 Crocus Yellow/Laurel Green

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hans, Jun 13, 2007.

1. Hans

Hans

Is this paint still available?

Something close?

2. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

autocolorlibrary has it in your choice of enamel, urethane, lacquer, or BC/CC. Lacquer, which is original to the car, is $180 a gallon for crocus yellow and $140 for laurel green.

3. prl98

prl98

I have a 56 chev wagon that is crocus yellow and black. I do buy all my stuff at Penensula color and got what I need. The code for the yellow is DCC 81888ALT. This is a PPg code for single stage acrlic urethane. This is what is called an alternate formula, which means it is very close but not exact. Oh it is called saturn yellow in this formula.

4. burger

burger

i have nothing useful to add other than that is my favorite color combination for '56 chevs. if you'd like, i can post some pictures of one that i saw at last year's great american race.

ed

5. brandon

brandon

find a paint store that sells ppg....their omni line has old paint codes....in base clear ....dupont centari has some single stage enamel codes......just had some 61 chevy fawn poly mixed a couple weeks ago...and the price wasn't too hateful....i think 130 a gallon....brandon :D

6. Gman0046

Gman0046

I also own a 56 Chevy that I needed lacquer paint for just recently. Only one supplier in the Louisville, KY area still carries lacquer. Cost me $46 for a pint. How much do you need? You do know you can't use BC/CC over lacquer? If you can't get it anywhere, let me know.

I aint nobody.....Dork (Bob Falfa)