Register now to get rid of these ads!

Custom radio flyer wagon pics and ideas???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sprout, Apr 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. natoinc

natoinc

I actually built one once that had an airbag on the back. I used it to haul my son around car shows. I sold it to a guy at a car show who offered me too much for it. I told my son I'd build him another one.... but never have. It layed frame, had custom pinstripeing, and custom white walls. Kinda wish I'd a kept it now I've seen this forum......

2. datrod

datrod
    from So Cal

[​IMG]
    O.K. I'm a newbe. But here goes. this is one I dug out of the neighbors trash. I plan on re doing the wood sides and lower it a bit.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is a mini flyer. before and after.
    I know I'll get flamed fr the car in the back ground. It's a jap car but it's all I have right now. And yes it's I call it the radio flyer.
    I did a google search for radio flyer and you guys came up. Some fantastic stuff here.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2011
  3. bigvicsd

bigvicsd
    from san diego

DATROD,
    clean Dime !

here my mini flyer

Attached Files:

4. datrod

datrod
    from So Cal

Oh I like yours better. :D

Here is a better shot of the dime.[​IMG]

5. bigvicsd

bigvicsd
    from san diego

btt
    that dime is very very nice ! trade you for the mini wagon .......

6. Bender4130

Bender4130
    from Europe

Here is the new wagon from my son. He see this Wagon at a Hot Rod Weekend and i must buy it for him or he dont speek with me for one week he said!!! Nice work but not from me. http://www.bollerwagen-factory.de/index.html

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

7. datrod

datrod
    from So Cal

That's really close to what I want to build. Do you have anymore pictures of it. Bigger is better.
    I just picked up a set of rims and tires from a pocket bike that I plan on useing for it.

8. Mr Wicked

Mr Wicked
    from cali

9. corbincash

corbincash
    from ohio

i took 2 wagons a cut them up, flipped one on top of the other, lowered and stretched it with some 1 inch tubing, cut windows out, bolted two 350 valve covers together for the motor and made a sedan out of them....gets lots of looks....and i have no clue how to load pictures....

10. craigmack068

craigmack068

Built this one for my daughter adrienne last year. First wagon I have built. Have bought many since then and getting ready to build many more.

Attached Files:

11. erockguide

erockguide
    from Texas

I have been lurking on this site specifically because of this thread. This weekend I finally signed up. I also finally built my daughter her first hot rod.

As a kid I enjoyed watching Kenny Bernstein and those cars were a thrill to hear.

[​IMG]

As an adult, I became impressed with motorcycle fabricator Sugar Bear (think of Easy Rider - He bullt that bike):

So, I took inspiration from all these things and built my kiddo a radio flyer hot rod:

Here it is:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I took a bunch of pictures of my progress. It took about an hour to design it, then another day to build it. It has the turning radius I expected: takes a full street width to turn around!

I added the cooler to the front space so when we go to meets I have cold waters handy. Now I just need to make an umbrella holder for the sunny days, add the sides back on, and make it more cozy for the kiddo, and I'm all set!

I even put together a fun little video of the build: Here it is in case you are interested. (I'm sure the music will get cut by You Tube soon)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stlIOIqD0J0

Thanks for the inspiration HAMB!

12. goatboy

goatboy
    from kansas

heres one i've been workin on, its my original wagon from when i was a kid. now its gonna carry the flower girl in my daughters wedding, she thinks its real cool too !

Attached Files:

13. Joe-405

Joe-405
    from Oklahoma

Tim beat me too it cause my dad bought it.............lol

Attached Files:

14. Bender4130

Bender4130
    from Europe

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Zer01

Zer01
    from Michigan

My first post, I have been following this thread for some time as I built a wagon for my son. I took the wagon I received for my first birthday and built this one for his first birthday. Has working coil springs, walnut side boards, all stainless steel hardware, miniature Clazzio leather bucket seat, handle made from a 25" breaker bar, and rides on 15x6 mower tires. I know it is not a hot rod wagon but fits in this topic. It is probably not "done" as no custom project ever is, but he loves the ride.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
  16. Mr Wicked

Mr Wicked
    from cali

has anyone else noticed the pedal car thread has been closed????

17. 51PanelMan

51PanelMan

18. Abu Dhabi

Abu Dhabi

just a little project i did today so i have something to carry my pinstriping stuff on at shows, its not as pretty as most of the ones on here but it works hahah
    [​IMG][​IMG]

19. briancustoms

briancustoms

Any more pictures of this one? I'm working past the mock up stages of one for my soon to be born kid, but I want to do old school radius arms, drop axle, and a leaf spring on the front. This is the first one I've noticed with actual radius arms. I will also be adding an aluminum bomber seat to mine.

20. Die Frau

Die Frau

I have to admit... I joined this board after spending months in this thread alone... It has become a nasty habit.

Hi! My name is Pete and I live in Minneapolis with my wife and 3 month old daughter and I have been scheming up designs for a Hot-Rod Flyer for her since before she was a twinkle in our eye.

My ideas and design came from you guys here, and my memories as a youth playing with R/C Cars and Trucks. I have had the help of a couple friends with the design and fabrication too.

I hope to have the wagon finished before the car show season begins, which in Minnesota is about June through September.

Here is what we have so far:

[​IMG]

Cantilevered front suspension:

[​IMG]

We have decided to ditch the bottom two heim joints in favor of something more rigid:

[​IMG]

My friend Matt is helping me model it in SolidWorks - to see the articulation is a thing of beauty:

[​IMG]

A close up of the linkages, heim joints and mounting posts:

[​IMG]

The two piece top loop:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And some of the parts pile:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We still have miles to go, but I think we are off to a good start - I just need to keep the momentum going! It is hard to find the free time, as anyone who has had a 3 month old knows... but I hope to have some more significant updates in the next couple months.

-Cheers!

21. briancustoms

briancustoms

DAMN!! I thought I went overboard on mine doing a leaf spring I-beam with radius arms.
    BTW, I'm out in Shakopee, so maybe we will have to compare wagons at BTT50s or something.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. Die Frau

Die Frau

Oh wow! That looks great! We will have to keep an eye out at BTT50's for sure! Nice work!

BTW, not sure if European cars are your thing or not, but there is a local show in it's 5th year that is having a wagon fabrication contest at their car show this year. Check out www.eurowerks.ord/show for more info.

Hope to see you around this summer!

23. briancustoms

briancustoms

:D The first picture of my wagon is it on the back of my Beetle. :D

24. my_bucket

my_bucket
    from arkansas

Hey yall just thought id jump in and show my wagon. I wanted to do this for awile did google search and found this site. Every wagon on here is awsome and gave me the info to make my son one so i got the wagon from ebay and got 3/4inch square pipe and used the wagon parts for everything else. So here are the pics. what yall think? still gonna do some more little stuff but this is how it is now.

stock
    [​IMG]

25. my_bucket

my_bucket
    from arkansas

Sorry here are the rest.:D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]