Register now to get rid of these ads!

Black Friday

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Nov 26, 2010.

1. Deuces

Deuces

You got lucky!!... The one I went too in Dearborn sold them out in 5 minutes. :mad: Some bought 2 and even 3 tv's... All I was able to do is give them folks a very pissed off look... :mad:

2. safari-wagon

safari-wagon

Black Fri? NFW!
    Amateurs should stay away from places professionals fear to tread.
    (men leave that madness to the ladies)

I'm telling the nieces & nephews news of this tragic accident:

Attached Files:

3. resinjeff

resinjeff
    from detroit

the idiots were in line at toyzrus at 10 pm last nite. it was raining and about 38 degrees.evening wasnt a total loss. i did have fun driving by and splashing the puddles all over em.

4. Deuces

Deuces

I wonder how they felt after a 30 degree temp drop from the high winds in the wee hours of the morning???.... :D I waited in my car and stayed warm till the doors opened up at 4:00 am... That's part of the reason why I went back home empty handed... :(

5. 31fordV860

31fordV860

There ....NOW I actually bought something on the high holy day of American Consumerism - Black Friday.... from my couch..

A 2x Gray HRR shirt ....

Thanks Ryan

6. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

I was just at the hardware store before they closed, all the deals they had were still there, but everything was a mail in rebate, that means you pay the overpriced price, then wait six months to maby get your money back.

7. strawberry

strawberry

A big waste of time as far as I can tell,

8. slepe67

slepe67

I went with the wife last year at 0300. Drove to Best Buy for a LCD TV. Got there, the lne was literally surrounding the store on all sides. People were camped out in tents. I pushed steering to 180 and headed south. Made it to WalMart. What a ZOO! Saved about $30 on a 44 inch LCD. I will NEVER do that again!!!!

Oh, and Ryan, thanks for the HAMB!!

9. henrys_way

henrys_way
    from Maine

Love it....well said Ryan. I cant wait for the calendar.....

10. nutwagonfromhell

nutwagonfromhell
    from missouri

In St. Louis Missouri a lady in line at a walmart got trampled by hundreds of people to death. I went at 5 once at best buy and ended up with nothing but a head ache and being pissed off.
    It`s a joke! This guy on the tv said he waited three days to save 500 bux after spending 2 grand and people`s cars got towed away.

11. Goob333

Goob333

The parts supplier I get my projects part from had 15% off today. I bought a gas tank and sending unit with free shipping to boot Also picked up a JJ long sleeve and HRR shirt off Ryan. Thats what I call a "Flat Black Friday"

12. MarkKoch

MarkKoch
    from Maryland

You couldn't have said it better!-Internet shopping is way cheaper and no douche bags to deal with :D

13. dirt slinger

dirt slinger

My wife is all into black friday like a hair in a biscuit. I went one time just to buy a tv. I WILL NEVER DO IT AGAIN!

14. billsill45

billsill45
    from SoCal

The last time I was in a mall or retail store on Black Friday morning was when I worked in a department store ... that was 40 years ago. I haven't been back on BF since.

15. Muttley

Muttley

I'd rather slam my tongue in a car door than go to the mall.

16. 39 All Ford

39 All Ford
    from Benton AR

LOL,,, I am not a huge bad ass, but I have never gotten up before the break of day to ever go shopping,,,,

BUT, if I would get up early to buy one of those JJ shirts and the JN poster... too cool

17. My friend tells me he spent hours at Walmart starting at 3AM to buy 2 TV's. He doesn't watch TV. Just bought em because he could. Already considering returning them

18. AcadianKid

AcadianKid

Funny, my wife says to me this morning (she started at midnight) "its crazy out here!!!"

My reply @745a "Huh, really? I'm at NAPA and I'm their only customer."

Got my stuff and split, it was great

19. 1941ihkb5

1941ihkb5

Thats a good one!! I wont even step foot in a dept. store till the new year now. I just send the wife!

20. EnglishBob

EnglishBob

Whoa you must be the 'macho man dark side' of Black Friday.
    Anything that might help stimulate a failing economy can't be all bad.

21. T Fritz

T Fritz

If I can not get it at the hardware store your not gonna get it for X-mas.

22. what ?
    shopping ?did someone fail to mention a swap meet ?
    the only reason to get up early and buy anything ..

if you feel that you can not find bargains any time other than today your a freakin lemming

its traditonal .. i guess

hope that tie in is a broader sense of the word

funny it ain't even funny ,,sad sad sad

even working in retail i never believed in it
    really a item only in the last 10-12 years

23. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

Black Friday, the day of infamy, the morning after you washed all that greasy goo down your sink drain, the day after your uncle Bo Bo who weighs 350 cracked your toilet, the day after your sister in law threw a whole turkey carcass down your 49 dollar garbage disposal. I get up at 4 am to correct the carnage, 14 hours of rodding the pipes after turkey day, I shop on the 23rd, festivus for the restofus, haha!

24. Buick59

Buick59
    from in a house

Who's been lying to you? Nobody waiting in line at 3am is doing shit to help the economy.

25. lowkroozer

lowkroozer

Black Friday is mourning the money the money you wasted at that sale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

26. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

No Medium sized T-shirts?

27. 57Custom300

57Custom300
    from Arizona

I've never gone out to shop on "Black Friday" because I've always had to work on that day. All except this year. I don't have a job. Can't afford to now.

28. From a woman's point of view: Never been to one, don't intend to go....The only time I get up before 5 freakin AM is if we are going to Hershey, far away car show, Maxton, Bonneville, you get the picture?? Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.....

29. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

Obviously you don’t know me :rolleyes:

Two ordered ;)

30. Sent the wife out for black friday shopping. I don't get involved other than to give her a limit.