Register now to get rid of these ads!

Can Lightening Strike Twice?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Aug 30, 2007.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  2. cool , sure be neat if some old codger would come forward with the real story of what happened

3. Plowboy

Plowboy

I have had the pleasure of hearing Jack Walker and Mark Moriartiy talk about what happened to the Mysterion.

Jack was one of the last owners of what was left of it. Mark has a better memory for all the names associated with the story....but it all boils down to the fact that the car was dismantled and "Parted out". There is no chance that it will ever be found in as good of shape as the Orbitron.

Jack said that he and a friend were driving down the highway with the body in the back of a pickup with the "Eye" was sticking up over the tailgate....he said that they joked about lighting it on fire in the middle of the median of the interstate and claiming they saw a UFO crash, but they didn't....they told Roth about it and Ed just laughed and said, "why didn't ya?".

4. Dooley

Dooley
    from Buffalo NY

I have an old Street Rod Action from the 70's where this guy from Tulsa OK wrote in the letters section that he had the mysterion and was wondering where he could get info on it or contact with someone to help him rebuild it.

The answer from the editor was along the lines of. "we are not interested in old show cars", or something like that.
    I'll have to dig it up.

5. roadracer

roadracer

6. rockjeep

rockjeep

7. Whatever happened to the cutting edge custom called the Lunar Lander?

8. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

9. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Ryan, I'm looking at your heading here, and the frame of the Mysterion....... wondering if your use of the word "lightening" was a literary sneak regarding the holes in the frame, as well as "lightning" striking twice.....

Pretty clever.......

10. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

She's alive and well, enjoying the humidity of north Louisiana. Look for an update soon. She is hoping for a little brother in the future.

Doc.

11. I think Aaron took customs to a new level by making that thing completely driveable. I consider his talent the current iteration of Ed Roth. just my opinion but damn he does some cool stuff.

12. houseofhotrods

houseofhotrods

Man that takes me back Ryan!! I remember when you had that info posted, it was when I first started going to Jalopy Journal, maybe even before the HAMB really started?? I had contacted yourself and Mr. Fitzhugh about a supposed Roth car I owned at the time, and you guys actually got me in touch with Big Daddy Hisself. What a treat, the conversations we had I will never forget. The memories are flowing back........ :)

13. spudz

spudz

man....my 61 t-bird is still in the readers rides...back when it was drivable lol...