Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Stolen car in DFW area gets returned to owner

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Big Dad, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Big Dad

Big Dad

I'll give you cliff notes

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=156328

1962 Dodge wagon , stolen in August .. never left area

sold it to a local hot rod shop and, they decided to search the net for info about the car and found the thread ..

Now, I have no idea if any arrests were made .. here is 1st post about it

I thought I would post this again in hopes that someone around Dallas Fort Worth area might stumble on some of my parts or the wagon. I had another tread going about my stolen trailer. The trailer has been found and returned but the contents have not been found. My Bentron Titan 24 foot enclosed trailer with my 1962 Lancer Station Wagon was stolen in Duncanville around the end of July. If anyone is selling a wagon, or a Dodge Colt or a slant six engine and hyper pak intake, I would appreciate a heads up. I had an original Hyper Pak intake, exhaust manifolds, air cleaner carb all bolted on a 62 Aluminum Block Motor. Also a 1969 Aluminum 440 Six Pack Intake with air cleaner, E Body Pistol Grip shifter and linkage in a Hurst Box, a set of slant six roller rocker arms in a wooden shipping case. 1 set of new 12:1 Venolia Pistons, 60 over in the box. There is a 67 Dart Console Tach. There is also a 1973 Norton Motorcycle gas tank and side cover set in Black with Red Letters, just painted. I am offering a reward for the return of all the stuff. You can see some of the items in the pictures. Thanks for any and all help.

[​IMG]
    <!-- / message --><!-- attachments -->

2. Big Dad

Big Dad

And then on 12-10-11 he gets the call

UNBELIVABLE……. My Lancer has come back home. Last week a couple of gentlemen in Fort Worth, Steven Ramsey and Adrian Britton, the owner and manager of Ramsey’s Rods and Restorations, got a phone call asking them if they wanted to buy a 1962 Dodge Lancer Station Wagon and a ton of parts. They were interested and checked it out. They bought the car and parts for $1500 and brought it to their shop. After looking the car over they both decided that this was just too good a deal and since the VIN had been removed they decided to do some investigating. Well a couple of minutes on the internet and BINGO! “Stolen 1962 Dodge Lancer Station Wagon in DFW area”. They called the police and in short order contacted me. These fine people could have done any number of things but being car guys and fine human beings they gave me an early Christmas present, thank you Jesus! Last week I brought most of my car parts home, and today I brought my baby home. And yes the Hyper Pak intake, exhaust, carb, air cleaner and aluminum block are right where I left them. I still ended up missing a few choice parts, Offy valve cover, Norton Gas Tank, E Body Pistol Grip Shifter, 489 3rd member and the Colt. But I got the parts that looked like they would never return. The crazy thing is they started putting her back together like they were going to get it running. I guess the missing crank made them decide they were over their head. The sale of the car was to make bail on the dude in jail. Of course the dude with the wagon did not know it was stolen. Just a simple misunderstanding, yeah RIGHT. Anyway check out the photos and if you ever need a restoration shop in Fort Worth Texas, RAMSEY’s RODS and RESTORATION. There are no finer folks in the world than Steven Ramsey and Adrian Britton

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=156328&page=3

So, never give up hope !

3. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

Awesome story.

4. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

Merry early X-mas man!
    P/S did they get the bad guys?

Last edited: Dec 13, 2011

5. Big Dad

Big Dad

From the information posted by the owner of the car on that thread ..

As I read it , no arrests were made

6. There have been some successes lately with folks getting stolen cars back. That is encouraging.

7. 76cam

76cam

Sweet thats awsome!!!!!!

8. Solospeedshop

Solospeedshop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Killer! Those people who got it back to you will have Good Carma for along time! Congrads! Bill

9. brad chevy

brad chevy

Good news for a change,Congrats on getting your toy back and a definite thumbs up to the honest guys at Ramseys Rods and Restorations.

10. pinkynoegg

pinkynoegg

Man that's awesome! Glad to hear car guys looking out for each other.

11. Rudy J

Rudy J
    1. Austin HAMB'ers

Great to hear he got his car back! Nice job Ramseys Rods and Restorations!

12. Flathead Johnny

Flathead Johnny
    from MA

glad you got it back and a big thumbs up for the shop that returned it, they have some good karma coming their way!

13. Daddy-O

Daddy-O

That's awesome. Great news!

14. Mopar Jack

Mopar Jack

15. Fly'n Kolors

Fly'n Kolors

Power of the HAMB... Good for you Big Dad!

16. Big Dad

Big Dad

Just to be clear, wasn't my car ..

17. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

An encouraging Christmas story.

18. Love that car and glad he got it back.

I had a 62 Lancer GT coupe with the aluminum block 225 and Torqueflight pushbutton trans back in the late 60's. Bought it from my parents. Built the motor to 300HP and had a ball blowing off the unsuspecting until I blew the trans and rear end out of it. I was too young and inexperienced to know they needed beefing as well.

19. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

WOW, that is great news. My hats off to the shop that did the right thing.

20. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I just dropped Ramseys an email telling them I read about this fantastic act of theirs and thanks. What a stand up bunch of guys they are. :)

mailto:[email protected]

Hope their business doubles from the good press they have gotten over this.

Don

21. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Always great to know when there's a happy ending.

Will be sending the guys at the shop a pat on the back as well.

Thanks for sharing!