Register now to get rid of these ads!

Installing Model A Door & Quarter Window Glass & Channels – Need Pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by D-Russ, Apr 19, 2011.

1. xxx

Last edited: Jan 2, 2015
  2. metalman

metalman

No help on where the channels, ect goes but if it 's like my 32 Vic it's really simple to figure out, not much to them.
    I use 1/4 masonite to make my glass patterns. Cheap, easy to cut and sand and fits just like the glass. If the masonite fits and rolls up and down so will the glass.

3. Dave, a year or so ago I found a link that was a scanned service manual / tech or maybe training manual ( it was old) on installing glass on 30-31 Vicky. I have it saved on my old computer but its crashed. I have been looking for it the last few weeks but not feverishly.
    Iirc it was on a fancy model A restoration site or elite society of model a owners club type of site.
    I wasn't searching for That at the time I just stumbled upon it.
    Maybe you can still find it out there.

4. No I don't , but looking at pics of model a regulators and such I was thinking of being adaptive.

The regulators from a Chevy truck would work we'll & adapt easily. The rollers need to match the guide channel for size. The guide channel welds to the glass channel. The big windshield shop in town has lengths of both on the shelf.
    I got pics of the Chevy truck stuff

5. I can get you pics of triangle shaped window stop, what's left of anti- rattle piece, and a channel that runs vertical that holds that fuzzy windows run.
    will any of that help you out?

6. Right in the center of the window opening, on the outer door skin edge facing the inside of the car.