Register now to get rid of these ads!

Frenched headlights on a 48 Chevy pickup

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrod35, Feb 26, 2010.

1. hotrod35

hotrod35
    from IL

I have a 48 Chevy pickup and was going to french the headlights. I see alot of the kits on the auction website. There seems to be quite a few that look the same, but higher priced. They even use the same pics. Is there one that everybody uses more than others?
    Thanks in Advance [ no pun intended ]

2. Hubbcat

Hubbcat
    from Sweden

Dont have a cluo to post pic´s
    but give me a call on e-mail and u get pic´s

3. Master of None

Master of None

I've used 2 different types, liked 1 more than the other. I used a HAGAN frenched headlamp kit for a customers 54 Chevy truck. I didn't like the adjusters because you had to remove the snap in trim ring cover to access them. It works like a trim ring on a car rim. Used a kit from Kool Rides kit available from Speedway. I liked it better because you can adjust the headlamps with out removing the trim ring. the whole kit seemed to be a better quality. Alothough the HAGAN kit's trim ring does come in a high polished stainless, while you have to polish the Kool Rides.

4. outlaw1949

outlaw1949

Yeah, frenched headlights......

5. Only my opinion, but I think the hagan kit looks like ass........do a search for "frenched headlights", there are a bunch.