Register now to get rid of these ads!

Please don't buy this Rat Fink Sticker!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sonny Depalma, Nov 15, 2010.

1. Sonny Depalma

Sonny Depalma
    Member Emeritus

This artwork was stolen off my website and mass produced as a 8 inch sticker and sold on e-bay {I put a stop to that} I was at a local car show this weekend and seen the same sticker on an old truck. I was a good friend of Ed"Big Daddy" Roth's and have been licensed by him since 1984 and have a right to paint Ratfink. This art was done right after Roth passed away out of respect and as a tribute to his life, not to be made into a sticker and stuck on the back of some shitbox! These are still being sold at car shows across the country and until I can catch the thief manufacturing them please don't buy them. Thank You Sonny DePalma

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 likes this.

2. Consider it done or not done here my friend.

Never did like a thief.

3. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

I don't like a theif Sonny.

4. ClayPigeonKiller

ClayPigeonKiller

I've seen a few, but didn't buy any. I'll spread the word.

Great work on the drawing though. Pretty cool to be a personal friend of Big Daddy; there aren't many that can say that.

Adam

5. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

Nothing is sacred anymore....

I'll watch the classifieds for them.

6. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

you got it pal.

7. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

Beautiful artwork Sonny, sorry to see it taken from you.

I'll keep an eye out for them and be sure to tell the vendor he is selling unlicensed artwork.

8. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Great artwork. Thieves are the lowest form of life.....and liars. One in the same if you ask me.

9. Ebert

Ebert

10-4!!!! That sucks!

10. sololobo

sololobo

We will watch for this in our area, no one likes freeloader punks. Sorry you were comromised, take care Sonny, the rest of us respect you and wish you well. Rat Fink lives on thru you! ~Sololobo~

11. yardgoat

yardgoat

Good to know,will pass the word........................good luck to ya..............YG

12. Von Franco

Von Franco

SONNY is not the only one to fall pray to this guy, myself and some others are in the same boat.......

13. T-rev

T-rev

:mad:Some people are ridiculus. I will pass the word around as well. good luck with catching up to the Culprit.

14. That's a bummer. Crooks sucks! Sonny, I have a poster of your avatar. It's a signed edition I bought from you at the Detroit Auto Rama a few years back....along with the purple people eater poster. I had them laminated and they now hang in my garage. Great artwork! I remember a badass air brushed '54 Chevy model/radio controlled car done by you at your booth. That thing rules too. You are a fine artist...it's ashame people have to steal your shit.

15. Loppy

Loppy

Also be aware the dirtbag removed the sky on some of his thievery. I vote for the reinstatement of public stoning.

16. THIEFS SUCK! Hey Sonny if we see them do you have a lead on the SOB makin them??headon to scottsdale goodguys this weekend

17. jersey fink

jersey fink
    from jersey

18. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Sorry to hear this guys I will also look out for anything and let you all know.

19. RichG

RichG

The Hamb Posse looks to be activated, I'm in the middle of nowhere, but when I get out I'll look out... sorry to hear your talents were ripped off, that's majorly uncool.

20. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

That is so damn fu***ng low ! Stealing designs like that is plain bullshit ! I have seen so much of thats shit going on in todays flea markets with new movies , hats , clothing and so on . As soon as they are caught , they have another one in the same place the following week . Just like a drug dealer on the corner . This is not going to stop until the police and courts start really enforcing it with very heavy fines and jail time . Then maybe these common low life thief's will think the next time they are paid by some other thief to sit in a flea market or start selling on an on-line auction because they don't want to get a very heavy fine and more jail time again ! That is a huge problem in todays society ! Everyone thinks is OK to do this and as long as the thief's keep getting a slap on the hand and probation , it will never stop .
    I can bet you these are being reproduced in some damn asian country like the rest of the shit they steal for to sell on-line and flea markets all over the country . Sad part is a lot of people buying these items really don't know they are a black market illegal copy !
    I am glad to see that was stopped on evil-bay ! Do you have a case to do something legal to the thief's that sold this ? You should be able to keep that money plus allot more for stealing your idea . Don't let this go by . Make them pay dearly for doing this .

Retro Jim

21. its a shame you cant toss the perpetraitor a beatin!!

22. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Havent seen any out here Sonny but If I do, that sucka's gonna' know about it!!

Doc.

23. Phil1934

Phil1934

The website tineye is a search engine for pictures. It will tell you if that pic is on the web.

24. 21tat

21tat

What a jerk.

25. <FANG>

<FANG>
    from W.L.A.

Sonny
    I had a similar thing happen to a Rolling Stone Photo
    I took Altamont
    It showed up at record stores everywhere
    All I could get from store owners was they got posters from some guy New Jersey
    I wrote it off but have become more cautious when posting images online
    Hope this helps

Attached Files:

26. Sonny Depalma

Sonny Depalma
    Member Emeritus

Thank you guys for all your support, this art is very personal to me. I have my lazy-ass lawyer looking into it, the guy selling them on e-bay was not the one making them. The dick that is, removed my name as well as the sky background. This has happened before and I am just fed up with it! It's like he's sticking his hand in my pocket, and it's not to play with my balls! I put my art out there for fellow hotrodders to enjoy and will continue to do so. Sonny DePalma

27. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

Sorry to hear that Sonny. Your art is your livelihood and for some douche to steal from you is just sad. I will keep an eye out in this area.

28. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Lame People!!! Sorry to hear that, so fucked up!!!

29. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

Man this really irritates me. We've seen it before in the classifieds too. People selling knock off art and copies of movies and CD's.

I don't even care if the copy write or whatever is up on it. It's just not right.

I have a lot of Artist friends although I have no natural talent that I am aware of. Maybe because of that I am ultra aware of the gift they possess, the thought that goes into each piece and the process/es involved in getting that piece out.

If I could ever produce something worth stealing, and someone stole it, it would be like someone stealing my wife or my dog.

Bet your ass I'm coming for you.

I've copied this post and stuck it to the top of the Classified "Miscellaneous for sale" forum.

I'll use it as a reminder that this crap doesn't fly here, nor should it anywhere.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2010
  30. cederholm

cederholm

scumbags! I'll keep an eye open too.