Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Hot Rod Revolution

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Aug 28, 2009.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

2. So one uncontrollable ever growing monster is not enough for you. You have to create another one huh? Hope you got thick hide

3. What a coincidence ... just last night I was reading an R&C Onlne article entitled "Traditional Hot Rod Event - It's A Revolution" (click HERE).

I'm looking forward to attending this event ... the Tom Cobbs roadster will be icing on the cake!

4. RustyRedRam

RustyRedRam

I'm looking forward to coming back. This is definitely a do not miss show. I didn't think 07 was that cold . . . .

5. DRD57

DRD57

6. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Honestly, I am so sick of getting in a plane to see a quality car show. I am not sure why these smaller events do not pop up more on the east coast but it enough for me to want to move. I have been to GNRS, Lone Star, and Bonneville year so I am pretty tapped out but I am pissed that I can't go before it gets huge.

I hope everything goes smooth and can't wait to see coverage. I am a little bitter though.

7. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

I SOOO was gonna go last year, then it was "cancelled"....now I suck and don't even have a hotrod anymore.

There are very FEW events I'd be willing to DRIVE a hotrod hundreds of miles to attend out of state......the Revolution is on TOP of that list.

8. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Based on this comment, I assume you are coming to Annapolis, MD on Halloween (31 OCT) for the 2009 Jalopyrama? Very nice show with indoor Armory display of specifically selected rods and customs and outdoor display of other pre-62 cars.

http://www.jalopyrama.com/Event Info.html

9. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Ryan-- I'll be back this year fo sho. I'll try to get Baron von Mike back up with his '41 truck too.

(Shoot, I might even put the top down on the Merc this time.)

[​IMG]

10. NealinCA

NealinCA

I plan on driving my jalopy. I think my brother will bring his '41 p/u and my brother-in law in his y-block powered T. We may round up a few more by then. Sounds like fun.

Neal

11. Old-Soul

Old-Soul

Try living in Canada!

12. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Now I'm having a baby this year. But she is due any day now, so I'll see if I can still try to make it. But, my running truck is only a '53, so I'll park it down the road.

13. j ripper

j ripper
    from napa ca.

I will try to make it. Sort of a long drive fom Napa.

14. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

When is it? I'm a little 'tarded sometimes, and can't seem to find the date of the show...

15. You're not "mentally challenged" ... you just didn't read Ryan's entire Blog:

16. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

Doh!! Thanks Hemi!!

17. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

will be there, one way or the other. very enjoyable.

18. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Yeah that one looks like a good time. I seen it in a TRJ issue once but unfortunately I will be at the Good Guys South East Nationals in Charlotte that weekend. Jalopy Showdown on the other hand is on the calendar so maybe I'll see you there!!!

I just think there is a bunch of garbage shows here on the East Coast. Definitely some great ones but around the South East it's just not at the level on the other side of the country.

Anyways no ranting, the Revolution looks Awesome!!!!

19. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Can't argue with that. They have the good weather so it makes sense that they have the most hot rods. It therefore also makes sense that the place with the most cars has the most shows. Can't argue with the math. But I feel your pain.

20. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Exactly. I wouldn't give up living on the East Coast for nothing even though it's a bit humid at times, but I just wish the shows that do exist had a few more cool Hot Rods and a little less garbage. I think Cali is a perfect place for shows because the weather is a bit more predictable and and tolerable. The best show (from what I heard) on the East Coast is the Jalopy Showdown and that one is probably the only one that gets better with rain.

The pre '48 idea is an awesome idea. It really makes it specialized and focused which I like. Don't get me wrong '62 Falcons are cool but to see pre war roadsters amongst fat fendered cars standing alone sound like pure heaven. Give me a show with 100 quality cars over a 3000 car show that I have to pick through any day.

All Thriller, No Filler.

21. gr8ness13

gr8ness13
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yes i finally get to go to it this year .....YES!!!!!!

22. TERPU

TERPU

Yep, we got some more

Brother in law

23. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

692 miles one way from my house. And after looking at the new work schedule I might have time to do it. No rod this year but the beat up old Caddy might be up for one more road trip.
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

24. rodncustom

rodncustom

Who owns this car now?

Attached Files:

• JJ1.jpg
      JJ1.jpg
      File size:
      17.5 KB
      Views:
  25. Crusty Nut

Crusty Nut

26. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

I think I'll check with Denise and see if she has any room in Big Olds. Surely she will be there. If not it will be about the only event she hasn't made this year.
    Ryan must have something against any location east of the Mississippi as I see there is a definite lack of eastern locations for his little get-to-gethers.;)

Frank

27. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

YOU missed the couple of Hot Rod Cinematic events held in Ohio bud. ;)

28. JohnJoyo

JohnJoyo
    Alliance Vendor
    from Austin, TX

I've got to find a way to make it to this show. I don't know how yet, but I haven't given up. Probably would have to fly out, but I sure would love to bring the 36 out.

29. i will be there with my truck, that was a good show, i cant wate for it , to bad ther is not more shows like this one around here:)[​IMG]

30. do you need to preregister or can you just show up? if i need to preregister where do i do it?