Register now to get rid of these ads!

Pix/plans request: Frame table/chassis jig

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fiat128, Sep 15, 2007.

1. fiat128

fiat128
    from El Paso TX

I'd like to see the different ways to do frame tables. Photos and plans would be really cool to see. Also, what are the advantages & disadvantages to building your car on a bench?

I was just planning to do this on the floor but I have these 4 big 10" locking casters I took off a scrapped machine at work and thought it would be nice to not be crawling on the floor as I build the frame.

I was watching "American Hot rod" where they are building the model T for Bonneville and they have some good shots of the table, which looks pretty well built (see, you can learn something watching these shows if you watch instead of listen).

Thanks in advance all.

2. 81ttopcoupe

81ttopcoupe
    from Cedar Park

Here are some pics I took on the Round-up Garage Crawl at one of the shops this year.

Attached Files:

3. rooman

rooman

Check with the body shop equipment suppliers and see if they have any of the old Blackhawk style roll around frame racks. I have a couple of them that we use as jig tables and they work great. Mine have the channel section cross beams that bolt to the main frame at various locations and we have built fixtures to bolt to the channels that locate round or square frame rails. I also have a pair of fixtures that grab a body by the sill flanges and they work great for late model car back halves etc. They are getting a little harder to find around here but should be available with a little searching.

Roo